Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Browns
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 26, 2012

Not to hate on Weeden, but I am very disappointed with that selection. I was excited when Holmgren came on board, but there has been little under his watch that has made sense to me.

I am pumped to see T Rich, though.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

I'm shocked that there are still people out there that are interested in who the Browns draft.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Not everybody leaves their first love.

Not everybody is bitter. :-)

Vikings are brutal but I'll be a fan....till they leave for LA and become the Bikings. Then, in the immortal words of Cosmo Kramer, "I'M OUT!"

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Colt McCoy is a gutsy kid with a terrible arm. Receivers appeared worse because he couldn't get them the ball.

Weeden is a roll of dice...but that's always true of the QB's. I liked him better than Tannehill. Strikes me as a better version of Derek Anderson.

Browns have rebuilt offense. Next pick should be best available offensive tackle. We're not going to fix receiving corps this year.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

And I quote...

" Unless Weeden is the new Benjamin Button, I don't want him." - J. Jaggers.

That, quite possibly, was the funniest thing I read in the last 10 days. (And I've read some funny stuff!)

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Not everybody leaves their first love.

Not everybody is bitter. :-)
"

I don't really have the "fan gene". I like watch sports, but I've never been one to follow a specific school, team or organization.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I'm shocked that there are still people out there that are interested in who the Browns draft."

Michael: Every year it is what we have to look forward to.

Hank: We need a receiver. I would be fine with a tackle because a few good ones are left right now but we need speed. Or a DB.

The WR from GT would be nice.

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Well, I am usually very optimistic in regards to the Browns drafts. Which is totally ludicrus, because if you have followed them you know that since they have returned as well as the original franchise, their drafts have been pretty bad.

I like Richardson but am down on the QB selection. Maybe this will turn out to be the best draft in the history of the franchise. We will find out in the next 3-5 years.

I think Weeden is a solid QB, but I am pretty sure he would have been available with the 2nd round pick.
My major beef is the fact that we drafted both of our 1st round positions as positions that were drafted 2 years prior. (2nd & 3rd rounds respectively.)
This screams that they don't have confidence in their own players that they picked.

Anywho. I am a Browns fan for life, as painful as it is most the time, I still love it.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 27, 2012

Tonight's effort has not helped my opinion of the Browns' brass. Terrible.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I don't really have the "fan gene". I like watch sports, but I've never been one to follow a specific school, team or organization."

So you do understand, but it's just not genetically possible for you to join in the fun/misery. You fancy yourself as more of a sports nomad.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

Ethan...I'm no fan of the Browns decision makers....but how do you know these are poor selections?

As one of my buddies recently said to me re: Colt McCoy--"Cleveland always falls in love with scrappy underdogs...but they always suck."

Put another way--I'd rather have Logan Stieber than Zac Stevens.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

Hank - since I'm not at pro days with a stop watch, reviewing film, or looking into the future, I suppose I don't know. However, I do watch the experts and review where these players are ranked against their peers, which leads to my disappointment.

Drafting isn't always where you value a player, but know where others value a player. If you love Hughes but can get him in the 4th, 5th, or 6th, why not grab someone of greater value now?

Regardless, I only started the thread for some draft discussion, I'm not ready to jump off a ledge or anything.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

The Hughes pick was certainly a head scratcher.

I'd also have liked it if Mitchell Schwartz had more superlatives attached to his description.

And I'm also curious as to what the browns would have done if kendall wright had been available at 22. Would they have grabbed him and then waited/hoped that Weeden was there at 37? Would they have traded up to make sure they got him as well?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

Still no WR, still no CB.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 28, 2012

is there REALLY such a thing as "the experts" when it comes to accurately evaluating draft prospects?? or is it just a bunch of talking heads & windbags collecting a check from ESPN (& the Browns)??

are Browns mgmt just collecting a check from rich-boy randy lerner and hoping luck goes their way??
as SO MANY since 1999 Browns rebirth have done.

i think Joe Thomas and Joe Haden are the only real hits in the first round since then-- Braylin Edwards had one good year--- and lord knows the Browns have had great draft spots from their inept loser status.

i'm reminded MANY NFL Hall of Famers were low draft choices, some werent even drafted in fact. Tom Brady & Joe Montana were 6th and 3rd round picks as i recall. Who were the "geniuses" who let these franchise QBs slide?

as long as randy lerner is owner theres no hope (and i said this years ago), if his Dad was alive it would be different. Tony Grossi was right on.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next