Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2020

I'm feeling more like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone myself. Especially with the "panic" at the super markets...

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 13, 2020

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

" Bob,
Your risk is much greater by not posting, has to be considered, what is the greater risk, the complete implosion of our economy, enormous government overreach, marshall law. Being careless is foolish and thinking its not real is ignorant, but if they are going to these lengths so quickly after telling us this is nothing, makes me wonder two things, do they know something we don’t and these are justified actions or did they drop the ball and the risk has become out of control.

Either way restricting my movement is a huge and I mean huge jump in a week. We r all looking for the truth, and if U want to be king then be king and lead from the front... not the middle, now is the time for courage and the only guy that is speaking truth to power is fauci and he is scaring the shit out of everyone.
What am I up against?

In very quick order people are going to get very uneasy and anger will build, please direct it here, there are many leaders on this forum that can help u to be calm in the chaos"

looking back 2 months looks like u had a crystal ball, Bill. Brady and i and a couple others posted similar thoughts. With economy in collapse is it time to reassess how it was handled, was it worth it ??? ... now Fed printing money we don't have to keep economy "afloat".

Citizens defying orders to stay closed. Fed talking possible NEGATIVE int rates, are savers ready for that?
With negative interest rates, cash deposited at a bank pays a storage charge, rather than the opportunity to earn interest income. Imagine that. Retirees dependent on savings will really really be screwed.

Was shutting down society so completely the best option? i imagine it depends who u ask. The consequences will last for years.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 31, 2020

posted on this thread page 6.... 2 1/2 months ago, March 19.

Quote:

"
agree DeWine showing plenty of backbone-- i hope he and other governors are right because there is a very very high cost to shutting down much of society.

Look for "Depression era" job reports. There wont be state, county or local revenue to support budgets. Much personal wealth already has been wiped out and its not done. Many small businesses closed will never come back.

lastly, society is fragile- a desperate frame of mind is a source of mental breakdowns, disorder and mayhem, if this lasts long. ...Certainly our lives will be more & more under Govt control going forward even after this virus blows over. ... i'm not saying DeWine is wrong, just that theres a lot to ponder, the stakes are high.."

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 17, 2020

looks like a spring shortened season. Asked about rumors of a Big Ten coaches vote, one coach said:

"Yes we did and our main priority is the Big 10 and NCAA tournaments. We are good with a shortened season beginning in January that does not risk the end of the season."

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 17, 2020

Dewine's backbone has disappeared since my last post.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on July 18, 2020

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"looks like a spring shortened season. Asked about rumors of a Big Ten coaches vote, one coach said:

"Yes we did and our main priority is the Big 10 and NCAA tournaments. We are good with a shortened season beginning in January that does not risk the end of the season.""

Hope this - not ideal - season actually happens. I know the guys I’ve coached are excited to get back at it.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m less optimistic for a HS season.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on July 19, 2020

Hank...what do you think he’s done wrong recently as opposed to your earlier support?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 21, 2020

DeWines got another BIG problem now. let's see how he handles it. i like the guy but this is not a good look.

https://www.wvxu.org/post/ohio-house-speaker-charged-racketeering-conspiracy-nuclear-bailout?fbclid=IwAR2jk9LrAIx_OPEhliGBqtT5m9uGRYfAtMhLzF1THLriuf8l6Yptf9ML41o#stream/0

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

It doesn’t seem like DeWine’s involved in the corruption at any level, right? Am I missing something?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Hank...what do you think he’s done wrong recently as opposed to your earlier support?"

How about insisting we wear masks? Remember when skin issues became huge in wrestling? We instituted skin checks, cleaned mats better and educated coaches in how to handle it. We got it under control. Corona is no different. Wear masks in public, wash your hands and clean up. Masks are critical. For some reason one of our political parties can't get on board with it. It's only our health and our economy that's at stake. What a sh-tshow!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

So, you look at it as a problem with his leadership on the mask issue?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

"It doesn’t seem like DeWine’s involved in the corruption at any level, right? Am I missing something?"

agree, however hes a Republican as is Speaker Householder and others taking bribes appear to be connected to Repub party--- i think thats a big problem for DeWine.

Repub have cotrolled ohio statehouse for as long as i can remember. DeWine has a cancer in his parties leadership, that was my point.

Don Bork added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

Good job Bob, seems you have helped DeWine to locate the right path. Mask mandate begins in Ohio Thursday. Now he can begin working on the corruption within a certain party in this state. OH MY, have I overstepped the bounds of decorum on this forum?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

"So, you look at it as a problem with his leadership on the mask issue?"

Yes in a sense. But bigger picture the issue is the inability of those elected to serve the public to do what is in our best interest. Wearing a mask in public should not be politicized. It's obviously the clearest path out of this mess. Every elected official should be on board with it

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 22, 2020

It can’t be that he’s leading through an EXTREMELY difficult situation where information is evolving on a continuous basis and there are few to zero easy choices? Do you want him to have backbone or just do whatever you want? There are plenty of people now who think he doesn’t have a backbone for mandating masks.

That sort of rhetoric is divisive and not helpful.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next