Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 14, 2020

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Looks like they may grant another year of eligibility for the seniors.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6740208-NCAA-agrees-on-eligibility-relief-for-d1-spring-sports"

Not so fast - this is for spring sports. They haven’t competed and are unable to compete for the entire season. Wrestling cancelling NCAA’s “only” affected 330 athletes."

On the D-I level. :’-(

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 14, 2020

did officials induce panic? was it worth it? was there another way to handle it ? i don't know but remain a skeptic.

measures taken have to be evaluated versus the tremendous individual and business harm that will occur from these measures in terms of bankrupcies and job losses.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.ryan.7315720/posts/10219976731541041?notif_id=1584138151159437&notif_t=notify_me

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2020

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"did officials induce panic? was it worth it? was there another way to handle it ? i don't know but remain a skeptic.

measures taken have to be evaluated versus the tremendous individual and business harm that will occur from these measures in terms of bankrupcies and job losses.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.ryan.7315720/posts/10219976731541041?notif_id=1584138151159437&notif_t=notify_me"

#Buckleup — what the Mayor in Illinois is doing through exec order is alarming. I’m with ya Bob. I’m skeptical. Maybe it is the nearly two decades of “x” is gonna kill us all and not being what the doomsday-ers were saying. But I’m skeptical of government in general - irregardless wether the donkeys or elephants are in power.

Who knows. But I know who is in control so my worry is very very low. Looking for opportunities to serve those in my town during these next months - because with reports that the crest of this won’t hit until end of April, beginning of May, I see month(s) of online classes so I’ll have the time to serve.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 15, 2020

Bob,
Your risk is much greater by not posting, has to be considered, what is the greater risk, the complete implosion of our economy, enormous government overreach, marshall law. Being careless is foolish and thinking its not real is ignorant, but if they are going to these lengths so quickly after telling us this is nothing, makes me wonder two things, do they know something we don’t and these are justified actions or did they drop the ball and the risk has become out of control. Either way restricting my movement is a huge and I mean huge jump in a week. We r all looking for the truth, and if U want to be king then be king and lead from the front... not the middle, now is the time for courage and the only guy that is speaking truth to power is fauci and he is scaring the shit out of everyone.
What am I up against?
In very quick order people are going to get very uneasy and anger will build, please direct it here, there are many leaders on this forum that can help u to be calm in the chaos

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 15, 2020

I've seen a few on here mention the demise...or more disastrous - collapse...of our economy. Brady, Bob, Hank (on a more personal level) and Bill S..

I've thought about this for a few days now and I've come to this conclusion - if a collapse does occur, I will be saddened - for the country, yes, but more to the point, those I know who operate a small business, or are employed by larger corporations. They'll be hit to the point of incredible loss. But - and this is my main thought of the days - I trust the free market to be the fastest route back to "normalcy" given the alternatives.

Brady - I love you thought process. Death is a surety. When it does come, may we be found serving, loving, helping, laughing, crying - ultimately, may we be found LIVING! (That's a shorthand version of some CS Lewis quote.)

Hank - if I'm allowed by government fiat, I'll be up. Not sure when, but I'm going to help you as best I can.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 15, 2020

"

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Looks like they may grant another year of eligibility for the seniors.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6740208-NCAA-agrees-on-eligibility-relief-for-d1-spring-sports"

Not so fast - this is for spring sports. They haven’t competed and are unable to compete for the entire season. Wrestling cancelling NCAA’s “only” affected 330 athletes."

Yeah, that's why I said may grant. I think they already decided on the spring sports, and are looking at the winter sports.
I can't imagine that they wouldn't give it to them, and it only makes sense for guys that are challenging for a title like Pletcher and Moore.
Of course it will be tougher with the red shirts coming back.

At this point it's hard for me to imagine the Olympics will go on as scheduled. If not, do they push them back one year, or skip the cycle?
Lots of complicated scenarios.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 16, 2020

tonite Gov DeWine cancelled election tomorrow ---is this how weak we are, timid, no backbone? how easily we give up our rights that men died for .

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 17, 2020

Postponed I believe, not cancelled. I went to the early voting facility yesterday, lined up out the door. I’ll vote another day. Times are what they are.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on March 17, 2020

Put this under the category of threads I wish I hadn't started.....

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 17, 2020

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"Postponed I believe, not cancelled. I went to the early voting facility yesterday, lined up out the door. I’ll vote another day. Times are what they are."

your right, i misstated ...my bad

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 18, 2020

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"Put this under the category of threads I wish I hadn't started....."

Bwahahaha -- sounds like a SNL Jeopardy category!! Turd Ferguson would have some outstanding answer ready!!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 18, 2020

"

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"Put this under the category of threads I wish I hadn't started....."

Bwahahaha -- sounds like a SNL Jeopardy category!! Turd Ferguson would have some outstanding answer ready!!"

Category: Let It Snow...

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2020

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"tonite Gov DeWine cancelled election tomorrow ---is this how weak we are, timid, no backbone? how easily we give up our rights that men died for ."

If you get it, you can easily suffer permanent lung damage. it's not the flu. DeWine is listening to experts and making informed decisions. I think he is showing backbone.

It's quite possible that after the fact we will realize there were other ways to deal with it. But we don't currently have that information.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 19, 2020

Hank,

(i previously posted that i "misstated" i.e. misspoke in that instance)

agree DeWine showing plenty of backbone-- i hope he and other governors are right because there is a very very high cost to shutting down much of society.

Look for "Depression era" job reports. There wont be state, county or local revenue to support budgets. Much personal wealth already has been wiped out and its not done. Many small businesses closed will never come back.

lastly, society is fragile- a desperate frame of mind is a source of mental breakdowns, disorder and mayhem, if this lasts long. ...Certainly our lives will be more & more under Govt control going forward even after this virus blows over. ... i'm not saying DeWine is wrong, just that theres a lot to ponder, the stakes are high..

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2020

Bob: I agree. The economic havoc is already unreal. I feel as if I'm in the opening chapter of a Stephen King novel.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next