Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Dan Strope added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Not sure why you wouldn't just hold these events with limited attendance then have the athletes self quarantine themselves for 2 weeks. I think the real truth is that lost revenue probably had something to do with it. Just my opinion.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Quote from Dan Strope's post:

"Not sure why you wouldn't just hold these events with limited attendance then have the athletes self quarantine themselves for 2 weeks. I think the real truth is that lost revenue probably had something to do with it. Just my opinion."

$ always plays a part in decisions.

10 gyms. 33 guys. 1 coach per guy. 3 mats. 9 refs. 1 live stream media dude. 12 table workers. 87 total people in the gym. These guys would JUMP at the chance.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

...and we need MORE sauna's in America. Because, well, they are awesome!!!

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Quote from Dan Strope's post:

"Not sure why you wouldn't just hold these events with limited attendance then have the athletes self quarantine themselves for 2 weeks. I think the real truth is that lost revenue probably had something to do with it. Just my opinion."

Just a random thought after reading this. I want to stress that it is my thought alone and is based on absolutely nothing.
I would imagine that any group holding an event like this has some sort of insurance for the event. In case of fire in the building, earthquake, natural disasters, whatever. If that is true, perhaps insurance kicks in if an event can not be held in this case because of governmental action? If they were to hold the event on a scaled down basis, likely the insurance would not be in play and they would lose far more money than if it can not be held?
Just an idea.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Quote from Mark Cummings's post:

"Bill, We’ve had these types of communicable diseases before yet not once have our leaders incited panic among the citizenry. The cancellations put normal folks over the edge. A huge run on goods at the groceries. A run on banks? I wouldn’t bet against it. Just awful. I would like a dose of the truth though from our leaders."

BINGO, Mark ! its called, like ive been saying all week, INDUCING PANIC...i was at grocery yesterday Mob Scene, a run on toilet paper & water.

and to Bill Splete if your opinion, always well thought out, imo, was deleted thats a disgraceful action.

u don't often get the truth from "leaders" regardless of party, ever since Vietnam War, that changed everything. Govt and big business not trusted. ..now this.

if u listen to doctors interviewed, they are saying its a national embarrasment we have very few test kits. ..Leaders u say?

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

"Bob, I deleted it, sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my mind and thought that was one of those times. I am really trying not to scream out loud, but I’m pissed and if u know me, my tongue can be sharp, i have embarrassed those I love before with my smart mouth and think of them when I write now. I hope u understand. Everyone be well and keep the content moving it’s kept me in check."

Really??? When did that happen? Was an official involved? Was it me?

Seriously, keep your thoughts coming. I understand where you are coming from (generally) and I enjoy your input.
BTW, really sorry for your son this weekend. He was the first one I thought of.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

"Bob, I deleted it, sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my mind and thought that was one of those times. I am really trying not to scream out loud, but I’m pissed and if u know me, my tongue can be sharp, i have embarrassed those I love before with my smart mouth and think of them when I write now. I hope u understand. Everyone be well and keep the content moving it’s kept me in check."

nothing wrong with a sharp tongue, i enjoy your posts

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

You guys had a great year on the forum... we need to think of place winners and the mythical ohiowrestling.net state champ.
Great stuff!
Writing on the forum is therapy for me, not joking, venting to like minds, hearing the truth and dealing with my perspective has been a beautiful thing. I want to be more thoughtful and considerate, don’t get me wrong I can be an ass, but a better one because I have a place to be myself and hear from minds I truly respect.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

"You guys had a great year on the forum... we need to think of place winners and the mythical ohiowrestling.net state champ.
Great stuff!
Writing on the forum is therapy for me, not joking, venting to like minds, hearing the truth and dealing with my perspective has been a beautiful thing. I want to be more thoughtful and considerate, don’t get me wrong I can be an ass, but a better one because I have a place to be myself and hear from minds I truly respect."

I appreciate your sentiments Bill. And I love the idea of a OW.Net poster of the year. We can have a post corona gathering at Mister Brisket. In front of a hushed crowd the inimitable Mark Neimann announces, "And The Dan Cosimi Award for Best Forum Contributor goes to...."

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

I’m in!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Looks like they may grant another year of eligibility for the seniors.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6740208-NCAA-agrees-on-eligibility-relief-for-d1-spring-sports

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Looks like they may grant another year of eligibility for the seniors.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6740208-NCAA-agrees-on-eligibility-relief-for-d1-spring-sports"

If so, would that inherently mean that the 2021 NCAA Championships would be the most difficult/competitive ever with a whole batch of senior Seniors and the Olympic Redshirts?

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Jim,
Thank you! always for your words, I have been on edge for a few days. We had a very special district and he gave me my new favorite sports moment. I know glory is fleeting, but for a moment I heard the crowd roar for him, I don't know why it brings me to tears when I think about it but It does. He wrestled a very tough young man from Riverside who pinned him the week before, he got the ride out and won. I love my son, he is intelligent, kind, and is better than me in every way which I am so proud of him for. his style isn't like mine, he works for it, real hard, it doesn't come easy, doesn't make excuses. It won't be his greatest moment in life, but it's mine.(sports moment) We will move on from this weekend and be fine but that moment I'm going to put away in my heart and keep it there... it just meant something. I am glad I have this forum to share with you a real part of my heart... that also means something...you guys are ok, thank you

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2020

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"And I love the idea of a OW.Net poster of the year. We can have a post corona gathering at Mister Brisket. In front of a hushed crowd the inimitable Mark Neimann announces, "And The Dan Cosimi Award for Best Forum Contributor goes to....""

OWN’s version of the Dundees!!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2020

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Looks like they may grant another year of eligibility for the seniors.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6740208-NCAA-agrees-on-eligibility-relief-for-d1-spring-sports"

Not so fast - this is for spring sports. They haven’t competed and are unable to compete for the entire season. Wrestling cancelling NCAA’s “only” affected 330 athletes.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next