Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"Jim Behrens will officiate the matches and I will capture the action with my camera. That Inside the Circle guy should be there somewhere.

We will have it covered."

i assume Jim will call quick pins ...Dan Fickel will represent press row, that eliminates 150 bad health risks right there.. Skeletan crew. No reason to open the Hosp room, no open chip bowls.

seriously though i bet there are some real hassels on the 4 per family thing."

Thanx (I think)!!
Seriously, I wonder if they are going to have us wear gloves or not?
Do we raise the winners arm or have them do it themselves?
Shake hands with the coach afterward?
Hand sanitizer used after every match (assuming they can find it)?
This is going to be "unique".

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Eric Curitore added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/NCAA/status/1237838583630721027?s=20

No fans & a super huge arena. Going to be an interesting event...this has so many crazy implications within so many different areas.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"Jim Behrens will officiate the matches and I will capture the action with my camera. That Inside the Circle guy should be there somewhere.

We will have it covered."

Ha! I’m in.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

http://www.startribune.com/fans-will-not-be-allowed-at-NCAA-events-including-minneapolis-wrestling-championships-due-to-coronavirus/568711622/

Will we be issued refunds for tickets? Flights? Hotels?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"seriously though i bet there are some real hassels on the 4 per family thing."

That’s an understatement.

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"http://www.startribune.com/fans-will-not-be-allowed-at-NCAA-events-including-minneapolis-wrestling-championships-due-to-coronavirus/568711622/

Will we be issued refunds for tickets? Flights? Hotels?"

Tickets - have to. Everything else not a chance in hades.

The economic ramifications of these cancellations will be incredibly massive.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

from OHSAA. On Sunday night, the championship matches of the wrestling state tournament at the Schottenstein Center will be streamed live at OHSAA.tv. Ryan Mitchell, Scott Leo and Matthew O’Hara will call the finals.

Real or scare??? Regardless this whole travel, no crowd thing is plunging us into recession, and its just begun. ..Stock market telling us that as if it wasnt common sense anyway. Some Airlines will get close to bankrupcy possibly. Boing? Small businesses? Jobs will be lost in entertainment, transport, travel industries. ...People will stay home.

Vegas will get murdered. If u going this is time to book. Implications for next week Minneapolis?

major Bear markets usually have 3 legs, this could be leg one?

Major recession Bob. The long term effects on our country could be devestating.

double post.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on March 11, 2020; edited 1 time in total

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Major recession Bob. The long term effects on our country could be devestating."

agree Brady, if they havent already decided im sure NCAA will close Minneapolis to all but a few members of wrestlers family and the press. ..imagine implications on local economy of that one cancellation and multiply it-- .

could change society like 911 did-- Italy closing ALL large consumer businesses except groceries and pharmacies, WOW

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

I work in Finance for a pretty major global corporation. Most of my waking hours the past 7 days have been spent working scenarios on impact to the Supply Chain and cash. I quite literally can’t tell you how ugly this is. Hold on.

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"I work in Finance for a pretty major global corporation. Most of my waking hours the past 7 days have been spent working scenarios on impact to the Supply Chain and cash. I quite literally can’t tell you how ugly this is. Hold on."

i get it Freddy, the Bear is a Grizzly this time. ..

Boeing today withdrew its Full line of credit from the banks. Credit crunch- BOEING. wow, i know they have another big problem the superplane T133 or whatever its called, not suitable yet to fly. Feds wont let Boeing fail just like wouldnt let GM fail, but its indicative of a credit crunch. Theres alot going on.

i wouldnt be surprised to see NYSE close for a day or two, almost unprecedented.

meanwhile Italy closing ALL large consumer businesses except groceries and pharmacies, WOW... Seattle just closed all public schools. ..Gamechanger.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

I booked my flight and hotel through Priceline. Both the hotel and flight were non refundable but I inquired via their chat feature about a refund due to the Coronavirus. The agent refunded the hotel charge and is currently attempting to see what options there are for the flight. I’d encourage others to attempt to get a refund also.

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

My hotel was refunded and I get a voucher for the flight.

Could be worse.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Well, it is official per the message I just got below from the OHSAA.

State WR Officials,

The 2020 OHSAA Individual Wrestling Tournament has been indefinitely postponed.

We cannot make any determination on potentially re-scheduling the event at this point.

We will provide additional information as it comes available. Thank you all for your understanding.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next