Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA Tournament Discussion
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"What is the best link for updated brackets?"

Trackwrestling.com

https://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&TIM=1616100382552&pageName=

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

If Heinselman wins his next match he’ll have the loser of Schroeder/Foley. Hoping for the best, but not feeling good about it. Liked the effort and execution by Orndorff. He had wrestled the Nebraska kid well at B1G.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

4-3 is pretty much what I expected, but trading Malik for Orndorff. 6-1 was absolutely possible. I still think Malik is the better wrestler, but he rushed the position and got caught.

Hoping for the best tonight, expecting the worst.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Josh Heil drops a tough one, “a clock error”. Seriously? Anyone else see this? I don’t envy the head of officiating, but his explanation was terrible

Jeff Fortman added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

I'm not sure exactly what happened but 7 seconds and no clock run. If its the clock issue, they said that using a stop watch was not in the rules "per say". It's a stop watch, put it in the rules..... How can a stop watch be argued.... lol.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"Josh Heil drops a tough one, “a clock error”. Seriously? Anyone else see this? I don’t envy the head of officiating, but his explanation was terrible"

their explanation was they couldn't correct the error. using a stopwatch to see how much time ran off was not in the rules "per se". whatever happened to common sense and fairness to the kids. there is no way Heil loses that match if the clock started. reminds me of the Ian Miller situation and NCAA idiocy.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"Josh Heil drops a tough one, “a clock error”. Seriously? Anyone else see this? I don’t envy the head of officiating, but his explanation was terrible"

their explanation was they couldn't correct the error. using a stopwatch to see how much time ran off was not in the rules "per se". whatever happened to common sense and fairness to the kids. there is no way Heil loses that match if the clock started. reminds me of the Ian Miller situation and NCAA idiocy."

So use the “thousand one, thousand two” method for counting time that the officials use to count back points. This ain’t rocket science.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

The way that OK State-Campbell ended was a travesty. The officials botched that match, no question about it. The explanation the head official gave after the match was just silly. No way to determine the time that elapsed? You have a freaking tv replay and a watch. What a buffoon!! I’m surprised the Campbell coach was able to maintain his composure as well as he did.

Jeff Fortman added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

I would have been so mad they probably would have tossed me. But , thats why i'm not a college coach probably lol.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Campbell Coaches should have went straight “Mongolian” on Tim Shields.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

surprised no talk about sasso's match, i didn't see it.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"surprised no talk about sasso's match, i didn't see it."

Got hit with an inside trip to his back to and gutted out a last second TD for the win

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 18, 2021

Other than that 4 point move that Sammy initiated, he out wrestled that kid. Sammy was cruising to a 7-4 score before he gets caught right at the end of the period. Dangerous in that the ref could have called no TD at the end, IMO, and that would have been devastating.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 19, 2021

It's so frustrating seeing PSU wrestlers improve during the season and learn how to beat goys they'd lost to earlier, when it's the opposite for Buckeyes with the exception of Pletcher.

Tomasello vs. Clark, Tomasello vs. Lee, Tomasello vs. Gilman, Jordan vs. Hall, Martin vs. Nickal, Martin vs. Dean, Jordan vs. Venz, and Sasso vs. Lugo come to mind.

The silver lining for Heinselman is that he looked seriously underpowered vs. Howard. He got bullied and nearly pinned.
If he keeps growing and getting stronger, he might have a chance next year to beat him.

I'm hoping for great things tomorrow. I think Smith and Romero match up well against both their opponents.

Go Bucks!!

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 19, 2021

All I could think of watching that Hile match was what if this was Brands they had tried to railroad with that explanation?

I don't know how Heinselmann bridged out of that pin position? My neck simply wouldn't do that. I like the fight both he and D'Emilio have - next year will be better for both. I can't imagine that PSU kid does not outgrow 25.

No one mentioned Smith's match - thought he wrestled a tough, smart match against a really good opponent. What he has done this year has been the biggest surprise to me on the whole team.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next