Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Transfer Portal
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 11, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jakason Burks may be stuck behind Fix and want out of OSU. If so, he'd make a nice pick up for the Bucks at 133 if he can beat out Betancourt. This might tick off Nick Lecklider who's "all in" on Betancourt. (kidding)"

????

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on May 11, 2021

Help me out with Dean to PSU.

Starocci - 74
Brooks - 84
Beard - 97

Haven't they all RSd?

Where does he fit?

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on May 11, 2021

Just read that Beard had shoulder surgery so sounds like 97.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 11, 2021

I wish Beard well in his recovery. Healthy or not, he hasn't accomplished enough for Cael to save a starting spot for him.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 11, 2021

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"

"Jakason Burks may be stuck behind Fix and want out of OSU. If so, he'd make a nice pick up for the Bucks at 133 if he can beat out Betancourt. This might tick off Nick Lecklider who's "all in" on Betancourt. (kidding)"

????"

Burks is in the transfer portal and could give the Bucks a boost at 133. Lecklider was clear in his contention that Betancourt is not the answer for this weight.

"

"

????"

Burks is in the transfer portal and could give the Bucks a boost at 133. Lecklider was clear in his contention that Betancourt is not the answer for this weight."

Not sure what happened but that was supposed to be a laughing emoji and not ???? I got it and was cracking up

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Help me out with Dean to PSU.

Starocci - 74
Brooks - 84
Beard - 97

Haven't they all RSd?

Where does he fit?"

I believe Beard had GS and RS so he probably doesn’t have anything.

According to PSU boards lineup will depend on what weight Brooks goes. If it’s 197 Beard is out if he goes 184 it’s best man wins between Dean and Beard

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

My eyes tell me that it's no sure-thing that Dean can beat Beard, and he definitely can't beat Brooks.

But my head tells me he wouldn't transfer there without some confidence he would start.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

"

Starocci - 74
Brooks - 84
Beard - 97

Haven't they all RSd?

Where does he fit?"

"

Didn't think any of that matters regarding the 'COVID shirt'?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

Cael is ruthless. Dean is a former NCAA finalist but he might be smallish at 197 which gives a healthy Beard an advantage. At 184, it's not impossible he could beat out Brooks but has an NCAA champ ever lost his spot?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"

"

Starocci - 74
Brooks - 84
Beard - 97

Haven't they all RSd?

Where does he fit?"

"

Didn't think any of that matters regarding the 'COVID shirt'?"

He still has 4 years but he doesn’t have a RS to use anymore and would just have to ride the pine for a year

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

Call me a pessimist I guess but jackason burks is not a real answer at 133. He went 5-1 against very weak opponents(and 0-1 against a tough demas)and most his wins were one or two point decisions against subpar competition. Wrestled only backups and lost to a kid who was 4-9 at 125. He did wrestle demas at 141 and that didn’t go well. My definition for answer is someone who will score points at nationals. Don’t see burks or Betancourt doing that. At least this year for sure. You can look at all his results at wrestle stat.com. Flo is continuing the thought echemndia is going 133. If he could make the weight healthy (which is hard to believe he could )and got a little better from bottom he should be able to score points. He is as good as almost anyone nuetral. They have the same thought I have that maybe even koontz could be starter. He did have some good results in the past.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 12, 2021

"????"

I tried emojis from my phone and that is what happened. Must not be compatible. When the #DotNet 2.0 is released, we'll have all the features we want. ...and more!

#OWNit.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 13, 2021

Flo is continuing the thought echemndia is going 133. If he could make the weight healthy (which is hard to believe he could )and got a little better from bottom he should be able to score points. He is as good as almost anyone nuetral. They have the same thought I have that maybe even koontz could be starter. He did have some good results in the past.

I don’t get the ridiculous weight cutting here. Ech may want to but at some point the eye test tells you it’s too much. I wonder if he is looking for a spot in the lineup rather than just doing it for the team. He isn’t beating Sammy and DD has shown real promise.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 13, 2021

Flo is continuing the thought echemndia is going 133. If he could make the weight healthy (which is hard to believe he could )and got a little better from bottom he should be able to score points. He is as good as almost anyone nuetral. They have the same thought I have that maybe even koontz could be starter. He did have some good results in the past.

I don’t get the ridiculous weight cutting here. Ech may want to but at some point the eye test tells you it’s too much. I wonder if he is looking for a spot in the lineup rather than just doing it for the team. He isn’t beating Sammy and DD has shown real promise.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next