Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: So I was reading an old discussion on TheMat.com......
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on January 15, 2019

Talking about "GOAT" posters but it kind of turned into a "Where are they now?" thread.

I have never posted on TheMat, but i've been reading for awhile and it was pretty cool seeing all the old posters names you hadn't come across in awhile. I'm sure many of you go the site and would recognize a lot of the old names (DF, LIMarty, Medicine Man etc.)

This brings up my question....What ever happened to OhioWrestlingSite.com? That was probably the first site I started posting on, what intrigued me the most was the articles written and the live updates the Admin would be from Eds duals, state finals. This was all before Flo really got started, and getting those sort of updates circa 2006-2008 was awesome. I thought who ever ran that site was great for Ohio wrestling, now I don't even think there's a URL you can get to see old articles or posts. There were a lot of classic articles written there, as well as previews to big duals or the state championship. The wrestling knowledge that Admin had was extraordinary.

I was just taking a trip down memory lane and somehow that question popped up in my head. Are there any posters who used to frequent this site that have long been forgotten? One that comes to mind is a poster with the word Tickets in his name? Never knew who he was but was always full of banter and ready for any debate thrown Tickets way.

Hope this brings back some good memories for you veteran posters out there!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 15, 2019

Delfino (DF) still turns up on Themat.com from time to time, sort of like a bad penny. I never thought he was funny.
LIMarty was banned from the site. He was a strong supporter of old time Long Island wrestling, but he got out of line a number of years ago and the admin at the time banned him.
Medicine Man is still around.
JTTS was a popular poster back in the day. He left the forum of his own volition about 10 years ago.

Tickets was actually "-" (I cannot remember his real name). He posts under a new pseudonym (Guerelimo(sp?) something) on themat.com

**Interesting that this site deletes Bi..y Tickets everytime I post it.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 16, 2019

Old Bill Spetrino is out selling the world on dividends and how to be the next great investor. Quite remarkable he is out there earning limitless income.

Did you know he bought Cavs tickets right after they drafted Lebron and sold them for a huge profit. Talk about a genius. I miss him sometimes.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on January 17, 2019

Ah yes, - was the name. I remember him always being so animated during the Ed's duals, glad to hear he is doing well though.

It seems like since I have been posting on here, most of the same people have stuck through, with even more joining in on the fun. Glad there is low turnover unlike some sites I read!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 17, 2019

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Ah yes, - was the name. I remember him always being so animated during the Ed's duals, glad to hear he is doing well though.

It seems like since I have been posting on here, most of the same people have stuck through, with even more joining in on the fun. Glad there is low turnover unlike some sites I read!"

Other sites???? SMH

:)

► Add to the Discussion