Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks going Greco
Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

http://fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/hall-tackling-coaching-role-ohio-rtc/

Following another lackluster Greco performance in Budapest one has to wonder if TR and company are out front of the learning curve on this one. Is anyone more forward thinking then Coach Ryan? I like it!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

I love this! ...for multiple reasons.

A) A stronger GR program is a stronger American wrestling product. LET'S GO!

B) Having more guys in a room and around in one location who all share the common goal of being elite will only enhance the group.

C) It gives those wanting to excel in this area of wrestling a place to call home and be loyal to. (And this CERTAINLY has to do with the new facility.)

D) Kind of like C, it brings positive attention to the Buckeyes. LET'S GO!

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

You know who didn't do this? Carl. Not a forward thinker. Tan Tom and the church of positive infinity are changing the game again.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"You know who didn't do this? Carl. Not a forward thinker. Tan Tom and the church of positive infinity are changing the game again."

Why do you think Carl didn’t think of this, Dan?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

Genius. Nice job Tom Ryan.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 2, 2018

This is good news for Ohio State and even better news for USA wrestling. One of the most powerful NCAA wrestling programs is embracing Greco-Roman. Has that ever happened?

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 3, 2018

The article I shared talked about the benefits of handfighting with an elite level coach like Hall. I was surprised to see that NATO was the example given in the article. When it comes to handfighting I had always thought he was an elite level guy in hat area. Strengthen your attributes!

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on November 3, 2018

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"This is good news for Ohio State and even better news for USA wrestling. One of the most powerful NCAA wrestling programs is embracing Greco-Roman. Has that ever happened?"

Minnesota Storm and the University of Minnesota. That's the only other one I can think of.

Deven Dittrich added to this discussion on November 5, 2018

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"You know who didn't do this? Carl. Not a forward thinker. Tan Tom and the church of positive infinity are changing the game again."

http://fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/provisor-visit-nittany-lion-wrestling-club/

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on November 5, 2018

I love this. Honestly believe that this is the model that works, looking forward to it. I like this Fritz Scherl guy and think he's a total BA.

Coach Dlagnev also said discussion were happening regarding elite women joining the RTC. As it is, they are starting to pool at Sunkist WC (Az State), Hawkeye WC and Tarheel WC. Intrigued to see if this happens here in CBus.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 5, 2018

Carl didn't think of this because he's too worried about cooling off his seat that's very hot from not winning B1G or getting the top recruits.

This allows the Ohio State wrestlers to get better especially from the hand fighting and working the tie positions.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Maybe Harry Lester can take some time when he's not working with Akron SVSM to drop by and work with this budding greco program in a similar situation that Hall will be doing. He'll be a heck of a lot closer than Wisconsin.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"Maybe Harry Lester can take some time when he's not working with Akron SVSM to drop by and work with this budding greco program in a similar situation that Hall will be doing. He'll be a heck of a lot closer than Wisconsin."

Agree. Harry is an Ohio wrestling treasure.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

"Maybe Harry Lester can take some time when he's not working with Akron SVSM to drop by and work with this budding greco program in a similar situation that Hall will be doing. He'll be a heck of a lot closer than Wisconsin."

I heard through the grapevine that Harry wanted to eventually have some sort of Greco RTC in the area. I don't know if this is what he envisioned or if he wanted to do something closer to Akron. I can't speak for him and this was only a rumor I heard.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on November 8, 2018

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"

I heard through the grapevine that Harry wanted to eventually have some sort of Greco RTC in the area. I don't know if this is what he envisioned or if he wanted to do something closer to Akron. I can't speak for him and this was only a rumor I heard."

I'd envision him starting a youth/high school Greco club in Akron around the folkstyle season with occasional trips or clinics to the Ohio RTC in Columbus. Harry would provide would be supplying the knowledge to the under 18 crowd and it would feed the Ohio RTC when they come to prominence. But he's a world caliber guy, so I'm sure he's got his own vision.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next