Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: CLEVELAND
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Just wanted to wish anyone safe travels who are arriving from out of town and give a formal WELCOME to our great city.

If you have never visited "The Land" before, I hope each of you enjoy your stay and could take in all the amenities this great city has to offer.

Our city has experienced quite the upswing these past few years, and hope several of you visiting can check out places like Ohio City and The Flatts.

Very excited for Cleveland being able to host this years NCAAs. I know we will be a great host city.

Looking forward to some great competition. Enjoy!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Other places: Tremont area and Flannerys by the Q.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Other places: Tremont area and Flannerys by the Q.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

This might be a silly question, but for those of you who live in Northeast Ohio and aren't getting a hotel near the city, what is your plan for transportation and parking? I have to imagine parking will be hard to find and expensive. We'll be coming up I-77 from North Canton and I was wondering what the best strategy would be.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

I like going to Johnny's Little Bar, tucked away in an alley. Great burgers.

614 Frankfort Ave

All I know is Saturday is going to be nearly impossible to drive around downtown; (St. Patrick's Day)Cleveland hosts a very large parade each year and is slated to start around 1 pm.

I would 100% recommend Lyft or Uber. Coming from Canton I would say the trip would cost you around $60.00 each way for a regular 4-person ride. Split that amongst family/friends and it isn't too bad and you should be dropped off very close to the Q.

Uber is historically a little bit cheaper than Lyft.

Hope this helps and if there are any others questions I will be happy to assist.

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"This might be a silly question, but for those of you who live in Northeast Ohio and aren't getting a hotel near the city, what is your plan for transportation and parking? I have to imagine parking will be hard to find and expensive. We'll be coming up I-77 from North Canton and I was wondering what the best strategy would be."

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Feel free to visit me at Mister Brisket 2156 S. Taylor Rd
Cleveland Heights, Oh 44118

If you run into problems/have questions, call me at work 216 932 8620

I'm not going to put my cel number on this forum but can provide to anyone who is interested.

If you are coming but don't have finals tix, let me know. I'm looking for people to watch with on Sat eve.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Feel free to visit me at Mister Brisket 2156 S. Taylor Rd
Cleveland Heights, Oh 44118

If you run into problems/have questions, call me at work 216 932 8620

I'm not going to put my cel number on this forum but can provide to anyone who is interested.

If you are coming but don't have finals tix, let me know. I'm looking for people to watch with on Sat eve."

I can't wait!

Chris Chidlaw added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"All I know is Saturday is going to be nearly impossible to drive around downtown; (St. Patrick's Day)Cleveland hosts a very large parade each year and is slated to start around 1 pm.

I would 100% recommend Lyft or Uber. Coming from Canton I would say the trip would cost you around $60.00 each way for a regular 4-person ride. Split that amongst family/friends and it isn't too bad and you should be dropped off very close to the Q.

Uber is historically a little bit cheaper than Lyft.

Hope this helps and if there are any others questions I will be happy to assist.

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"This might be a silly question, but for those of you who live in Northeast Ohio and aren't getting a hotel near the city, what is your plan for transportation and parking? I have to imagine parking will be hard to find and expensive. We'll be coming up I-77 from North Canton and I was wondering what the best strategy would be."

"

If you aren't going to be partaking in adult beverages on St. Paddys Day. You could drive up to somewhere just South of Cleveland. Say the Steelyard Commons area. Park your car and then Uber from there. Will be WAY cheaper to do that than to Uber all the way from Canton

Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

I would also recommend the RTA Rapid- It will drop you off at Tower City and you can walk to the Q.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 14, 2018

Quote from Jerry Des Forges's post:

"I would also recommend the RTA Rapid- It will drop you off at Tower City and you can walk to the Q."

yes the Rapid, in fact Tower City has a connecting tunnel between itself and The Q Arena.

The RTA will be full of drunk high schoolers peeing in the corner of the train, but have at it.

If you have a DD or don’t plan on drinking, then driving down and parking close to downtown would be a good idea. I would recommend the West Side Market parking lot.

► Add to the Discussion