Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: #2 Bucks vs. #5 NC State
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Another difficult match for the Bucks

125 #4 Nato vs. #5 Fausz - Nato only L to Lee and Fausz only L is to Fix
133 #3 Pletcher vs. #13 Wilson - Wilson has a win over #4 Mueller but was TF by Brock
141 #7 McKeena vs. #2 Jack - These 2 have never met.
149 #6 Hayes vs. #13 Donahue
157 #7 Micah vs. #3 Hidlay
165 #14 Campbell vs. Hamann - Campbell is 2-0 against him
174 #6 Jordan vs. Bullard
184 #2 Myles vs. #3 Renda - Renda beat Myles at Midlands last year 9-2
197 #1 Moore vs. #7 Macchiavello
285. #2 Snyder vs. #19 Boykin

Wrestlestat has Bucks winning 31-3 with Micah the only Buck to L.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Another difficult match for the Bucks

125 #4 Nato vs. #5 Fausz - Nato only L to Lee and Fausz only L is to Fix
133 #3 Pletcher vs. #13 Wilson - Wilson has a win over #4 Mueller but was TF by Brock
141 #7 McKeena vs. #2 Jack - These 2 have never met.
149 #6 Hayes vs. #13 Donahue
157 #7 Micah vs. #3 Hidlay
165 #14 Campbell vs. Hamann - Campbell is 2-0 against him
174 #6 Jordan vs. Bullard
184 #2 Myles vs. #3 Renda - Renda beat Myles at Midlands last year 9-2
197 #1 Moore vs. #7 Macchiavello
285. #2 Snyder vs. #19 Boykin

Wrestlestat has Bucks winning 31-3 with Micah the only Buck to L."

Bucks dual schedule down stretch has been brutal with Iowa, PSU, UM and NCS.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

I think Ohio State will win going away, but I’d be shocked if the Buckeyes only lost one bout.

Deven Dittrich added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Am I the only one who thinks that Snyder may be best-served by staying home, getting some rest from all the travelling he's had to do these past three weeks, and start getting ready for B1Gs and NCAAs?

Ron Hreha added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

According to the OSU and NC State schedules, the match will be televised on the ACC Network - which doesn't actually exist yet. It appears that it may be on ESPN3 / WatchESPN App but I'm not sure. Does anyone know how to watch the match?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Quote from Deven Dittrich's post:

"Am I the only one who thinks that Snyder may be best-served by staying home, getting some rest from all the travelling he's had to do these past three weeks, and start getting ready for B1Gs and NCAAs?"

I agree and would consider sitting Bo and maybe Nato 2.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

I'd rather give those guys time off from practice and have them wrestle. They'll have two weeks to get ready for Big Tens. I really don't think wrestling this dual with a bunch of back ups is a good idea.

Key for Bucks moving forward is to do glue work....fix technique mistakes, prepare for certain guys, tighten up strategy (hint--riding guys out to finish matches is better than playing defense in neutral--dead horse is now officially beaten)...work on bottom...etc...

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Quote from Ron Hreha's post:

"According to the OSU and NC State schedules, the match will be televised on the ACC Network - which doesn't actually exist yet. It appears that it may be on ESPN3 / WatchESPN App but I'm not sure. Does anyone know how to watch the match?"

Ron: several ACC matches — MAC also — are on the espn app. I imagine that is what hey mean by the ACC network.

Don Bork added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Hank, don’t blame you for beating that dead horse. It is frustrating that Bo came to TOSU as a beast on top but seems to have lost confidence in his ride to the point he would rather let his opponent up and defend from the neutral position in the last 30 seconds of a match. I love me some Bo and hope he can complete his career as a national champion. I see several of our wrestlers not finishing matches strong, not riding well, not strong at exposing opponents for back points and not being able to get out from the bottom. That being said, I suppose I am measuring our team against the juggernaut that PSU is. After all we are the second ranked dual and tournament team with five individuals who have a chance of being a national champion. I’ll be at the B1G championship rooting our boys on and hoping they all reach their peak performance when it’s time for Nationals.

William Danforth added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

Quote from Ron Hreha's post:

"According to the OSU and NC State schedules, the match will be televised on the ACC Network - which doesn't actually exist yet. It appears that it may be on ESPN3 / WatchESPN App but I'm not sure. Does anyone know how to watch the match?"

Looks like ESPN3/WatchESPN will have the dual.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?categoryId=465&startDate=20180218&type=upcoming

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I'd rather give those guys time off from practice and have them wrestle. They'll have two weeks to get ready for Big Tens. I really don't think wrestling this dual with a bunch of back ups is a good idea.

Key for Bucks moving forward is to do glue work....fix technique mistakes, prepare for certain guys, tighten up strategy (hint--riding guys out to finish matches is better than playing defense in neutral--dead horse is now officially beaten)...work on bottom...etc..."

Maybe Bucks should have done what PSU did and schedule a team like Buffalo for last dual?

David Rourke added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"Hank, don’t blame you for beating that dead horse. It is frustrating that Bo came to TOSU as a beast on top but seems to have lost confidence in his ride to the point he would rather let his opponent up and defend from the neutral position in the last 30 seconds of a match. I love me some Bo and hope he can complete his career as a national champion. I see several of our wrestlers not finishing matches strong, not riding well, not strong at exposing opponents for back points and not being able to get out from the bottom. That being said, I suppose I am measuring our team against the juggernaut that PSU is. After all we are the second ranked dual and tournament team with five individuals who have a chance of being a national champion. I’ll be at the B1G championship rooting our boys on and hoping they all reach their peak performance when it’s time for Nationals."

I've noticed that Bo hasn't rode leg much since he had his foot issue, which leads me to believe that the issue is still bothering him.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

"It is frustrating that Bo came to TOSU as a beast on top but seems to have lost confidence in his ride to the point he would rather let his opponent up and defend from the neutral position in the last 30 seconds of a match. I love me some Bo and hope he can complete his career as a national champion. I see several of our wrestlers not finishing matches strong, not riding well, not strong at exposing opponents for back points and not being able to get out from the bottom."

I sense that Bo may be ready be done with competing. Competing has been his whole life for...his whole life. And he has been competing with so many injuries, it can't be fun and I could see that ruining the joy of competing. Not sure he has "the fire". Sometimes I wonder the same with Micah, tbh. That said, even so they are still AA level and that is saying something.

And totally agree on the not finishing matches/riding/finishing bonus opportunities/getting ridden out. It is definitely a contrast to what you see from PSU. Maybe they'll pick it up here in March.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

I look back at some of his RS, freshman & sophomore matches and you can see the difference in what he is doing now. Back then he would ride tough, shoot more, and he would punish his opponents. I hope he can amp it up in the next few weeks.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

Quote from David Rourke's post:

"

"Hank, don’t blame you for beating that dead horse. It is frustrating that Bo came to TOSU as a beast on top but seems to have lost confidence in his ride to the point he would rather let his opponent up and defend from the neutral position in the last 30 seconds of a match. I love me some Bo and hope he can complete his career as a national champion. I see several of our wrestlers not finishing matches strong, not riding well, not strong at exposing opponents for back points and not being able to get out from the bottom. That being said, I suppose I am measuring our team against the juggernaut that PSU is. After all we are the second ranked dual and tournament team with five individuals who have a chance of being a national champion. I’ll be at the B1G championship rooting our boys on and hoping they all reach their peak performance when it’s time for Nationals."

I've noticed that Bo hasn't rode leg much since he had his foot issue, which leads me to believe that the issue is still bothering him."

Is this a tell?

Discussion Topic: Steelwood Radio
Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 11, 2018

Is it just me or did Bo casually drop a couple bombs on this episode?!?!

"I have to get chemo on my tumor again this offseason."

"There might be an opening on the coaching staff for next year..."

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next