Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks @ Hawks Friday
Chris Thomas added to this discussion on January 22, 2017

125- Gilman vs Rodriguez
133- NaTO vs Clark
141- Carton vs Pletcher
149- Sorensen vs Micah
157- Kemerer vs Ryan
165- Gunther or Marinelli vs Cody
174- Meyer vs BoJo
184- Brooks vs Martin
197- Wilcke vs Moore
285- Holloway vs Fox

If Ohio St isn't health they will be hammered on the road. Toss up bouts include 133,141, 165,184, and maybe 285 but I slightly favor OSU their. It is possible Iowa pulls Marinelli redshirt since the injury to Stoll occurred. Any thoughts?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 22, 2017

125- I've heard Jose tweeked his knee again. Any update to his condition? If he isn't 100% this could be ugly.

133- I'm taking Nate in a close one

141- Great matchup but I'll take Pletch in another close one

149- We shall see where Micah really is. This could go either way but Iowa is tough at home.

157- If Jake doesn't bring it this will be bonus points for Iowa

165- Good test for Cody. Too close to call

174- I'll take BoJo in a close one

184- Great matchup. Too close to call

197- I'll take Kollin.

285- Wish Kyle was wrestling as we could use the bonus points.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Like I said in the other topic, it's Carver-Hawkeye. Swing matches go their way...and there are a ton of swing matches. I look for Ohio State to win three bouts. I also look for tOSU to outscore Iowa at Big Tens and NCAAs.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Like I said in the other topic, it's Carver-Hawkeye. Swing matches go their way...and there are a ton of swing matches. I look for Ohio State to win three bouts. I also look for tOSU to outscore Iowa at Big Tens and NCAAs."

What 3 matches do you have them winning? I know Carver is a hard place to wrestle but Iowa did lose 3 matches Friday that were there for the taking.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

What happened to Tavenello? Is he injured?

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Like I said in the other topic, it's Carver-Hawkeye. Swing matches go their way...and there are a ton of swing matches. I look for Ohio State to win three bouts. I also look for tOSU to outscore Iowa at Big Tens and NCAAs."

M-Rod who do you have to win? Nate, Bo, and Moore? I think we win at 133, 174, 184, 197, and 285.

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Will Bo and JRod even wrestle?

With Snyder out, I wasn't assuming a heavyweight win, but you will have back up verses back up (should be a good judge of depth).

I think Tomesello is the best 133-pounder in the country. As a red-shirt junior with two NCAA tournaments under his belt, I feel like he can cut through the Carver-Hawkeye effect. I also think he is an incredibly focused young man who is well equipped for what is coming his way Friday night. To be honest, Nathan Tomesello is the most "Iowa Style" wrestler in the NCAAs.

Moore is having a great season. I don't know if people realize how hard it is to be successful when you're young in the Big Ten. I think he's significantly better than Wilcke, and that gap will be more than the home mat advantage can overcome.

I don't know where the third win comes from. It could be Martin or Bo Jordan or Micah Jordan, maybe Pletcher? What I can say is, I don't feel confident in any of those matches. Martin has never been there (and I'm telling you, that matters). Bo Jordan has been in and out of the line-up and his opponent just beat the second coming, Pletcher is a rookie (up a weight) and Micah Jordan's opponent just went toe-to-toe with Rutherford. I think the Buckeyes go 1-3 in those matches, but I don't know the one.

For the record, at a neutral site I like all of the above wrestlers to win.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

I'm confident in Nate's ability to be a less than 100% Clark. Until we actually see BoJo suit up I'm not confident that he will wrestle. Do you put someone with limited mat time back on the mat against an All-American his first match back in a dual you more than likely will not win, I don't. I'm also not sure what to think about MyMar vs. Brooks. This is a tough matchup against an elite 184, with size. Myles is the better athlete, so I think its pretty even. Should be one of the better matchups of the night. I think Kollin smokes $$$ Wilcke. Iowa dominates eight matches to two. I hope I'm wrong, but even though the bucks are undefeated right now I think they're in a bit of a January rough patch. I believe we are the better post season team. I hope I'm completely wrong about it all.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

This quote from Coach Ryan about 5 minutes ago makes me believe the Bucks will be less than 100% on Friday:

"We will always put the best wrestling product possible on the mat with COMMON SENSE as our underlying principle."

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

I look at Bo's track record and he has never lost to a guy outside of an all time great dieringer and his cousin multiple times. He has beat Daniel lewis (twice), Taylor Walsh, Nick Sulzer, Pierce Harger, Dylan Palacio, and David McFadden to name a few. Bo has had multiple nagging injuries during his career and it hasn't stopped him from beating non elite guys. If he wrestles he will win imo.
At 285 I'll take senior Josh Fox over the freshman from Iowa.
184- I feel Myles will be able to get to Brooks legs and finish 7-5.

We win at 133,174,184,197,and 285. We have a good chance at 165 if Cody's able to ride Gunther for an extended time.

Iowa wins 125,149,157. 141 is a toss up but you have to favor iowa at home. If Marinelli shirt gets pulled they win 165 on horsepower. However,Gunther could win as well.

I don't see a blowout if Ohio St is health. It will be a razor close dual that will come down to bonus points imo.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"I look at Bo's track record and he has never lost to a guy outside of an all time great dieringer and his cousin multiple times. He has beat Daniel lewis (twice), Taylor Walsh, Nick Sulzer, Pierce Harger, Dylan Palacio, and David McFadden to name a few. Bo has had multiple nagging injuries during his career and it hasn't stopped him from beating non elite guys. If he wrestles he will win imo.
At 285 I'll take senior Josh Fox over the freshman from Iowa.
184- I feel Myles will be able to get to Brooks legs and finish 7-5.

We win at 133,174,184,197,and 285. We have a good chance at 165 if Cody's able to ride Gunther for an extended time.

Iowa wins 125,149,157. 141 is a toss up but you have to favor iowa at home. If Marinelli shirt gets pulled they win 165 on horsepower. However,Gunther could win as well.

I don't see a blowout if Ohio St is health. It will be a razor close dual that will come down to bonus points imo."

I think Bucks win at 141. The atmosphere didn't help him agains PSU. Granted Jimmy G was an AA at one time but has some head scratcher loses. I think Pletcher constant attacks wears down Topher and Bucks win similar to PSU match.

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"...I think Bucks win at 141. The atmosphere didn't help him agains PSU. Granted Jimmy G was an AA at one time but has some head scratcher loses. I think Pletcher constant attacks wears down Topher and Bucks win similar to PSU match."

I think that's possible, and it's one of the matches I listed. I also think a tru-frosh winning at Carver-Hawkeye Arena against a capable opponent is a tall order.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Like Gulibon, if Luke can keep it close going into the third, I like his chances. The Iowa kid was very vulnerable to the leg attacks at the end of the match.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 23, 2017

Quote from Brandon Olinger's post:

"Will Bo and JRod even wrestle?"

+1

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next