Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Wisconsin
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 3, 2017

125 Jose vs. Cullen
133 Nate vs. Stickley
141 Pletcher vs. #14 Martin
149 Micah vs. Crone
157 Ryan vs. Ruschell
165 Burcher vs. #3 Jordan
174 Jordan vs. Christensen
184 Martin vs.#19 Ritter
197 Moore vs. #14 Robertson
285. Snyder vs. #2 Medberry

On paper Bucks should win easy.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 3, 2017

Medberry defaulted out of the Scuffle so perhaps we will not see that matchup.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Isaac Jordan didn't wrestle at Midlands either due to illness/injury.

How will Myles Martin bounce back after a disastrous Midlands? His Wiscy opponent is solid and then he gets a tough Gravina when Bucks face Rutgers on Sunday.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

My thoughts:

125 – Jimenez isn’t bad, as he took 7th at Midlands. He had wins over Fleetwood (Cent. Mi.) and Moody (OK) along the way, but did lose Rivera of Northwestern. However, I believe he is redshirting and either Cullen or Lantz has wrestled all of the WI duals. I would favor Jose against all three, but he should bonus Cullen or Lantz, and with his wicked top game, I think a tech fall is coming.

5-0 OSU

133 – Stickley is a promising wrestler for the Badgers. Do you know what NaTo does to promising wrestlers…ask Eirman from Missouri. NaTo by major, at least.

9-0 OSU

141 – Martin lost by Major to Chad Red (Neb.) at Midlands and then med forfeited out. Martin is ranked 13th by InterMat and deserves to be the favorite in this match. I think Pletcher gives him everything he has, and I think it will be a toss up. On the road, I’ll give the ranked wrestler the nod.

9-3 OSU

149 – Crone isn’t bad, but he isn’t on Micah’s level either. I’m looking for more bonus here. Not sure that Micah gets the tech, but a major is definitely in play.

13-3 OSU

157 – Ruschell is a solid wrestler whom will give Ryan everything he can handle. If Jake is still in a slump, this could easily be a loss. Jake wrestling at his best wins this match. I’m rooting for Ryan, but not picking him.

13-6 OSU

165 – Isaac Jordan is kinda good, but didn’t wrestle at Midlands. If he’s healthy, and wrestles, this will not go well for my fellow #Mustang Cody Burcher.

13-10 OSU

174 – Christensen isn’t bad, but BoJo chews up and spits out not bad on a regular basis. Major or pin here, just depends on how strong Christensen’s shoulders are.

17-10 OSU

184 – Hunter Ritter isn’t very good, and Myles Martin (for the most part) has torn apart not very good this year. Martin by major or tech.

OSU 21-10

197 – The feature bout of the night (I’m not expecting Medberry to go) should be a good one. Their last match (http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1009564-197b-lbs-finals-ricky-robertson-vs-kollin-moore-ohio-state) came down to the wire. Moore was much better on his feet, but got in a couple bad positions and got put on his back, most notably right at the end of the 2nd period. I think Moore wrestles a little smarter, and puts some distance between himself and the 14th ranked Robertson this time.

OSU 24-10

285 – If Medberry goes, this is the biggest matchup of the night. 1 v. 2, for the first time. I don’t think we see it, so if Snyder goes he probably adds to his pin total for the year. If we do see it, I think Snyder shows everyone just how dominant he is, and while he may not get the major, I see it as something around 12-5 with all of Medberry’s points coming on escapes.

OSU 27-10

Overall – It could be worse, as Pletcher and Ryan could win, Jordan could still be hurt and the Bucks could pitch a shutout. Going the other way, Robertson is the only Wisconsin wrestler whom I think has a shot to change my prediction for the worse. Bucks should win comfortably over a solid Wisconsin team.

#GoBucks

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"Medberry defaulted out of the Scuffle so perhaps we will not see that matchup."

Medbery defaulted out of the Midlands on teh 2nd day after cruising to some nice wins the day before. Per the Wisconsin twitter, Medbery came back the 2nd day under the weather and defaulted out due to the illness. By the time the dual comes around he will have had a full week to rest. I expect that we will see him but obviously wouldn't be surprised if he didn't wrestle.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

As most of you know I had stopped posting on these forums awhile ago but I do take a peak to see what people are saying from m time to time I initially stopped posting because I thought it was best for my son but to call his performance disastrous is a little much Hank LOL Just kidding!! But He lost to two very good wrestlers and as many could see Myles wasn't Myles from the very 1st match at midlands He is a very quiet and humble kid and as his dad I never would want to say anything to hurt him because the people that know him all say the same thing about him He's a better person than he is anything else but there is some very cruel people in this world hiding behind keyboards However I will post this because many have messaged me and was concerned for Myles health I don't believe anybody expected Myles not to have some struggles including myself especially moving up a weight class but he had no business at midlands in my honest opinion and I told him before he went but it was his call because he's an adult Coach Ryan allowed Myles to go because he wanted to go but he was 50/50 himself but probably is just like any other coach He didn't want to tell Myles No He intialy wanted to go to get some tough matches to help him with the weight jump and I applaud him for wanting to go and get better but it was not idea for him the go He came home December 19th flew back to Columbus the 27th and flew to midlands the 28th so he was literally off the mat for 8 straight days and traveling As most know that affects everything stamina, timing and the list goes on As most of you also know Coach Ryan believes in family time around the holidays so it was great to have Myles home but it definitely wasn't smart since he was planning to go to midlands I actually thought I could talk him out of it even though we didn't even discuss wrestling other than going to a local match to see some friends LOL On top of that he wasn't even feeling well along with the rest of the family during the holiday So to the ones that reached out with your concerns Myles was a lil banged up but is ok and I'm sure he will continue to work hard and do the best he can like he always does but thanks for your prayers and concerns

Ben Watson added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Thanks for the insight Greg. He will have plenty of time to show his worth at this weight class during the B1G duel season and gain back any drop in rankings that may occur do to his performance. Brandon and I have discussed Myles at 184 at length during our podcasts. We both offer differing opinions at times but one thing is for sure - we are rooting for him 100% (as is everyone else on this board).

Ben Watson added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"My thoughts:

141 – Martin lost by Major to Chad Red (Neb.) at Midlands and then med forfeited out. Martin is ranked 13th by InterMat and deserves to be the favorite in this match. I think Pletcher gives him everything he has, and I think it will be a toss up. On the road, I’ll give the ranked wrestler the nod.

9-3 OSU

"

Martin has some very nice wins and close loses to elite wrestlers this year.

Varsity - Cole Martin (Wisconsin) over Logan Everett (Army) (Dec 4-3)

Varsity - Champ. Round 1 - Cole Martin (Wisconsin) over Emilio Saavedra (Old Dominion) (Fall 5:13)

Varsity - Joey McKenna (Stanford) over Cole Martin (Wisconsin) (Dec 6-3)

This will be a great test for Pletcher and a win will serve as a nice bounce back from a DNP at Midlands.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Quote from Brandon Olinger's post:

"

"Medberry defaulted out of the Scuffle so perhaps we will not see that matchup."

Medbery defaulted out of the Midlands on teh 2nd day after cruising to some nice wins the day before. Per the Wisconsin twitter, Medbery came back the 2nd day under the weather and defaulted out due to the illness. By the time the dual comes around he will have had a full week to rest. I expect that we will see him but obviously wouldn't be surprised if he didn't wrestle."

Yes, the Midlands, not the Scuffle. I followed too many wrestling tournaments this last week...they all blended together.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Scratch "disastrous" and insert "eyebrow raising" or "disconcerting."

All of us are big fans of Myles and I personally didn't intend disrespect. At the same time, I'm not writing for Myles. I'm writing for other fans who like to talk wrestling. It's very difficult to post on a forum and keep in mind that the audience is potentially wider than those names which pop up here on a regular basis. I'll try to consider it next time.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Hank disastrous is fine I certainly didn't take as disrespect As you read I was just kidding with you Its no big deal It is what it is as some would say!!!

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

Greg,

Love watching your son wrestle. I saw all his Midlands matches. His technique was better than those he wrestled but some of his opponents were hyper-muscular and were able to horse him a bit. Do you think Myles' strategy over the next few months will be to simply add some more muscle or are there wrestling techniques he could choose to use that will negate some of his opponent's strength advantage.

Bruce

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on January 4, 2017

"

Quote from Brandon Olinger's post:

"

Medbery defaulted out of the Midlands on teh 2nd day after cruising to some nice wins the day before. Per the Wisconsin twitter, Medbery came back the 2nd day under the weather and defaulted out due to the illness. By the time the dual comes around he will have had a full week to rest. I expect that we will see him but obviously wouldn't be surprised if he didn't wrestle."

Yes, the Midlands, not the Scuffle. I followed too many wrestling tournaments this last week...they all blended together."

Hey Bruce my apologies if it seemed as if I was correcting you, as that was not my intention nor my point. I was just simply stating that according to Wisconsin's Twitter Medbery was not injured, just had come down with an illness. So I'm hoping that we get to see him wrestle Snyder. To me that is one of the most anticipated matches of the season in my opinion.....at least for me.

And like you, I too was on overload from too much wrestling this weekend. But I consider that a great thing!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 5, 2017

I'd be surprised if Snyder wrestled. Happy, but surprised.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on January 6, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I'd be surprised if Snyder wrestled. Happy, but surprised."

not going against wiscy or Rutgers........

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next