Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jose Rodriguez
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

He did some really fine wrestling this weekend in Vegas. A pin...2 tf's over quality opponents...and he came within a hair of beating Dance in a match that he controlled. Dance got saved when the ref called potentially dangersous when Dance tapped out...instead of injury time (my opinion).

His length and surprising pace...and that hellish arm chop and BP combos are impressive. And he's a good finisher when he gets to a leg. Plus he's huge. I know...he's making a big cut. How will he hold up?

But right now he's the biggest surprise on a Buckeye team that has come strong out of the gates.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

Agree - he was very good.

I wonder why many, including me, were concerned about his productivity. He was a 3X D1 finalist in Ohio and two time Champ (I think) while wrestling for a program that churns out D1 wrestlers. For some reason he has been undervalued.

He is a menace when you get to his legs. I can tell he is very strong, and put people in uncomfortable positions.

A great coming out party.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on December 6, 2016

latest AWN rankings, today, JRod 12 (fake out theres a Josh Rodriguez ranked at 5)

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e622db7e5b22fa22d0a89cf91/files/AWN_D1_12_6_16.01.pdf?utm_source=Sports+Information+Directors&utm_campaign=b85566863d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_440cbd7f0d-b85566863d-233470425

► Add to the Discussion