Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 28, 2016

Fellas - not sure if you follow Logan on social media, but everything he says on Twitter leads me to believe he's a better person/leader than wrestler.

In the past week I've seen him make two great points:

1. He made a point to say he disagrees with kids skipping Thanksgiving meal in the name of weight cutting. Great point. I hope all HS kids had a good meal on Thursday.

2. Today, after Flo posted a video of a kid getting about 7 takedowns in 30 seconds, he responded that it was totally unnecessary. Once again, I agree 100%.

Any way - Logan looks like he has natural leadership skills. I wonder if the long term plan is to lead a program?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 28, 2016

Agree.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 28, 2016

Quick story to pile on the Logan-For-Humanitarian-of the-Decade...

A local high school in the Central District area was holding a summer camp. Obviously Logan - a 4x sectional qualifier, 4x state champion, and 4x NCAA champion - has earned his asking price for being the featured clinician. When the host school realized they wouldn't have anywhere near the number of campers necessary to pay for Logan, it canceled. The call had to be made to Logan as to the cancellation and as to why. Logan, in typical Logan form, said "No. We're going to hold the camp." If memory serves me correctly, he wanted the kids who had committed to be there to get a workout.

So he, along with six kids - five of whom had never wrestled a varsity match I GUARANTEE it - went through a two to four hour workout together.

The dude is pure class! P - U - R - E C - L - A - S - S! (And that's less to do with him taking less money for the camp and more about the way he conducted himself when he realized the level of the kids he was working with. He genuinely cared - and took the time necessary - to explain and demonstrate the finer points of the moves he was showing. So often I see clinicians cash it in at points during a clinic. Not so much for the Bear.)

ps: also ran a camp for three to five years in which proceeds - a portion or all, don't recall - went to cystic fibrosis research. Again, pure class.

Jake Burcher added to this discussion on November 29, 2016

Everytime I have been around either Logan or Hunter they both are great young men. Parents did a great job raising these 2.

► Add to the Discussion