Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Super 32
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 16, 2016

Is this tournament sort of the new Sr Nationals? That used to be the biggest event of the year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

William Danforth added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

Super 32 is the top preseason tournament. It combines all HS classes (Fr, SO, JR, FR) creating some monster brackets. The upper weights aren't well represented because of football. Great competition in the lower and middle weights.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

Vitali Arujau is really good. He beat Mitch Moore soundly and Moore is on a short list of the best wrestlers in Ohio.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

Any idea of how many Ohio kids placed down there? I saw Moore got sha-lacked in the finals. I know central ohio had a handful of place-winners.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

No champs but 9 placers (I think). PA had the most. Ohio was second. But we also sent more kids than most states.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

A buddy of mine and me have noted the correlation between the rise of Super 32 and the slight dip in the IRONMAN, hosted by Ohio's very own Walsh Jesuit - a high school in NorthEast Ohio.

Often times, schools are restricted by state policies or school budgets. But individuals are free to come and go as they please.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 17, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"A buddy of mine and me have noted the correlation between the rise of Super 32 and the slight dip in the IRONMAN, hosted by Ohio's very own Walsh Jesuit - a high school in NorthEast Ohio.

Often times, schools are restricted by state policies or school budgets. But individuals are free to come and go as they please."

Stop with the subtle taunting of #GranTorino; we know what you are doing and we'd all like to have a peaceful Thanksgiving this year...

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 18, 2016

In looking at the results I did notice that Ohio did very well at the jr high level, multiple champs. I fully recognize that jr high level athletes are probably less likely to travel across the country, so the depth of the talent pool might be thinner, but I think that bodes well for the future of our state.

► Add to the Discussion