Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: The Women
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

Anyone else watching? Saw an amazing match between Bulgaria and Russia. As ferocious and hard fought as any men's match ever.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/womens-freestyle-wrestling-48kg-58kg-69kg-eliminations-mat-a

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mike Stann added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Anyone else watching? Saw an amazing match between Bulgaria and Russia. As ferocious and hard fought as any men's match ever.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/womens-freestyle-wrestling-48kg-58kg-69kg-eliminations-mat-a"

Shhh! I'm at work. But I was thinking to myself as I watched what's not to like with women's wrestling. Great moves, guts, determination, it's great fun.

Dan Harris added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

AUGELLO is up in the quarters.

- She lost.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

She got pulled back into the repechage. 1 match away from the Bronze match. Looks like the first legit shot at a medal so far.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

Augello's Japanese opponent is great on top. Augello tried too hard to get a turn, got into bad position and gave up a bunch of points from bottom. The Japanese wrestler did the exact same thing in the semis. Her ankle lace is superb.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on August 17, 2016

Solid quotes from Augello. She doesn't give two shi ts about the women in front of her, I think we'll see a lot more from this kid. She's huge at 48, someone posted on another site that she's cutting almost 8 kilos to get there. If she can do that and stay healthy, the length and strength is a factor.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Augello got hosed in her first cons match. She lost by a single point due to her being put on the 30 sec clock. Her opponent, who did nothing all match, was never put on the clock. Still, Augello could not generate offense. She had one TD in two matches that I watched. You're not going to medal at the Olympics if you can't score (probably--no absolutes).

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Augello got hosed in her first cons match. She lost by a single point due to her being put on the 30 sec clock. Her opponent, who did nothing all match, was never put on the clock. Still, Augello could not generate offense. She had one TD in two matches that I watched. You're not going to medal at the Olympics if you can't score (probably--no absolutes)."

yeah, the application of the passivity rules weren't even-handedly applied, for sure. Her opponent spent the final 2 minutes of the match backing up and circling back to the center to avoid the push out.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Helen Maroulis has come to play today. She's in the finals!

Mike Stann added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Belarus has been the U.S.A.'s kryptonite. Both Gray and Elena fall to Belarus women.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"Belarus has been the U.S.A.'s kryptonite. Both Gray and Elena fall to Belarus women."

How does Gray give that up with 10 seconds to go. She did nothing except try and hold on to a 2 on 1.

Maroulis is an offensive juggernaut. Love watching her. She's so exciting and always looking to score. She reminds me a bit of Sonny Marchette.

Gray lost to an opponent who was allowed to stall but she did not commit to one leg attack in six minutes. Unfortunately, her opponent lost in the semis and that was it since the horrific carry system is used.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

Interesting matches. I thought as a whole the two women who lost didn't find a way to get to any offense.

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Interesting matches. I thought as a whole the two women who lost didn't find a way to get to any offense."

Agreed. I watched the other gal, Haley Augello, and she had the same problem.

Maroulis has better quicks than the other three.

Don't want to be too negative. All the American women won at least one match. One finalist...one goes for bronze.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 18, 2016

I really enjoyed watching the women wrestle and for the most part they all got after it and the matches were exciting.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next