Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Lag Time Topic: Which Level Is Your Favorite?
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on July 27, 2016

Without too much technicality (ages/styles) which age/level is your favorite and why?

A) Youth

B) Middle School/Jr. High

C) High School

D) College

E) International

I'm partial to high school, however, am starting to drift toward college. I like high school because those four years seem (just my own small perspective) to have the most "Wow, he got a lot better!" scenarios.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason Fair added to this discussion on July 27, 2016

They are all awesome. I watch a lot more college wrestling with international second. Attend much more college matches than other styles.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on July 28, 2016

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Without too much technicality (ages/styles) which age/level is your favorite and why?

A) Youth

B) Middle School/Jr. High

C) High School

D) College

E) International

I'm partial to high school, however, am starting to drift toward college. I like high school because those four years seem (just my own small perspective) to have the most "Wow, he got a lot better!" scenarios."

Ditto. What he said. Although I'm beginning to gain steam with the international styles now that they have the rules largely fixed from the boredom producing garbage they had for the previous decade or two.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on July 28, 2016

Quote from Jason Fair's post:

"They are all awesome. I watch a lot more college wrestling with international second. Attend much more college matches than other styles."

Ditto. However, I am leaning more to the international scene since I find the new rules and style very exciting!
But when it comes to following individuals in the different styles I probably favor high school and college equally. I love seeing how the Ohio kids do against the rest of the world.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on July 28, 2016

Well, you didn't have lesbian mud wrestling as a choice so I guess I will just go with the college style as my favorite, followed by high school, then international.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on July 28, 2016

From one of those guys with the best seat in the house, I prefer HS.
I officiated the college scene for a while and found that I didn't care too much for it. The "riding" in college is "stalling" in HS and I found the difference to be quite amazing.
Believe it or not, the minor rules differences make it very difficult to switch back and forth.
When you have to think about the call, you are likely going to miss it.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 30, 2016

Quote from Jason Fair's post:

"They are all awesome. I watch a lot more college wrestling with international second. Attend much more college matches than other styles."

My starting point is HS, the echo Jason. My international interests are domestic and usually when the world or Olympic teams are on the line.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 3, 2016

High school is near and dear to my heart because I did it.

College is what I enjoy watching most right now.

Freestyle is quickly taking my interest. I of course watched in Olympic years. With Snyder winning last year, I started paying more attention. The rule changes have been influential, though I still don't like a match ending in a tie with the winner determined by who scored last. Because it is better than the ball grab doesn't mean it is the best way.

It has come to the point where I will search for international matches to watch even if broadcast in a foreign language, in part because I'm too cheap to subscribe to a premium service.

► Add to the Discussion