Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Cleveland Right Now
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on June 29, 2016

I'm confused! - What does all this have to do with wrestling?

Perhaps Trump and Hillary should just have a cage match and get it on. - Winner gets the White House!

It wouldn't be much more bizarre than the 'circus' of backstabbing that we are going to experience from now to election day!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on June 29, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I can't argue with that. History will look back at this election as the two most disliked cadidates of all time. I find it unbelievable that a country with this much talent can't field two better cadidates. It's sad."

Exactly what I have been saying for months now. This is really an embarrassment for this country.
I guess it shows that to run for the highest office office in the land, you need very thick skin and a MASSIVE ego. Not much more.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2016

ow.net post system glitching

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2016

Mike, i'm no conservative nor lib, most people fall in between so lib vs conserv does not define the issue. Neither have answers... And ive bought groceries while standing in line for people who couldnt pay for theirs, few want to help needy more than me.

Both parties have lost touch with the voter. ...Maybe Religion has an answer i don't know? Prez LBJs "war on poverty" began 40 years ago when he was powerful & the country prosperous. How have we done?

"handouts" can take many forms.... why was it the Taxpayers job to bail out not only Wall st, AIG & GM/Chrysler but also homeowners who bought more house than they could afford or whose home dropped in value?

most large cities have been governed by Dems the last 40 years, wheres that got us? Libs brought us Forced Busing in Cleveland, common sense told us it wouldnt work, those families who could afford to leave did leave. Do u call that "progressive"? i call it reckless & stupid.

this election will be decided on
...jobs
...national defense
...immigration & globalization

Roe Fox added to this discussion on June 29, 2016

And who hates who the least. Unfortunate.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 1, 2016

#Windians!

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on July 2, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"#Windians!"

That's sexist.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 2, 2016

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"#Windians!"

That's sexist."

I see you've been reading my book of faces posts! Good on ya, mate.

ps: #PrayersFromPataskala ;-)

Steve Lester added to this discussion on July 2, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I don't think those people: President Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, et al are evil. I just think they had an agenda. That's certainly debatable."

I believe Karl Rove is truly an evil man.

I believe that we should have normalized relations with Cuba long ago (and that Havana should have a Major League baseball team--like Toronto does).

Steve Lester added to this discussion on July 2, 2016

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"Unemployment was 8 percent in Cleveland in Nov 2007 when Bush lost the election. Eight years later it stood at 4.4 percent."

In the words of the owner of Sham as he watched Secretariat pull away from his horse in the backstretch of the Belmont Stakes:

That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 3, 2016

All Secretariat references earn a +1.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on July 3, 2016

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"Unemployment was 8 percent in Cleveland in Nov 2007 when Bush lost the election. Eight years later it stood at 4.4 percent."

In the words of the owner of Sham as he watched Secretariat pull away from his horse in the backstretch of the Belmont Stakes:

That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

Impossible because the election was in 2008, and Bush thankfully was not a participant?

A couple guys have expressed doubt regarding the positive jobs reports. When Bush was losing 700,000 jobs a month, I wonder if those reports seemed too positive.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on July 3, 2016

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Impossible because the election was in 2008, and Bush thankfully was not a participant?

A couple guys have expressed doubt regarding the positive jobs reports. When Bush was losing 700,000 jobs a month, I wonder if those reports seemed too positive."

The Plain Dealer used to publish an estimate of manufacturing jobs lost in the area. I don't remember the numbers but they were in the hundreds of thousands.Given that I cannot believe that unemployment in Cleveland was as low as 8 percent at any time in the last 25 years. Forget about 4 percent. I dropped the superfluous fractions. I would count any single adult 18 and up who is not in school. Married couples would count as a unit unless both were looking to work. That would count as two.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on July 4, 2016

Simple solution:

Niemann '16

Bumper stickers will read:

"Can't Whip Jordan...But Will Tech Hillary!"

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on July 4, 2016

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Impossible because the election was in 2008, and Bush thankfully was not a participant?

A couple guys have expressed doubt regarding the positive jobs reports. When Bush was losing 700,000 jobs a month, I wonder if those reports seemed too positive."

The Plain Dealer used to publish an estimate of manufacturing jobs lost in the area. I don't remember the numbers but they were in the hundreds of thousands.Given that I cannot believe that unemployment in Cleveland was as low as 8 percent at any time in the last 25 years. Forget about 4 percent. I dropped the superfluous fractions. I would count any single adult 18 and up who is not in school. Married couples would count as a unit unless both were looking to work. That would count as two."

I pretty much agree and would add something extra.
If a politician is moving his mouth, he/she is lying. Sad but far too true.
Like a quarterback, a President gets credit and blame for things that are completely beyond their control. IMO, no President (in either party) can "create" jobs.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next