Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Informal Survey
Lou Demas added to this discussion on May 27, 2016

When I comes to women's sports, I prefer volleyball.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on May 27, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"M-Rod:

Who do you root for?"

I've never had the "fan gene". I always followed and rooted for individuals growing up. I remember being mesmerized by Barry Sanders when he was OSU. I wasn't and Oklahoma State fan, I just love to watch him run the football. Then when he was drafted by Detroit, I watched every Lions game I could (I still miss watching him).

The same has always been true for wrestling (the only sport I really follow anymore). I'm not a UNC fan, but I really like Joey Ward...not a Michigan fan, but Steve Luke was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time...not an Ohio State guy, but have always enjoyed Tomesello.

It's always rubbed people weird. I can remember being at tOSU and admiring and respecting Mark Marenelli, but I was a huge fan of Joey Gilbert up at Michigan.

I've never felt loyalty or a connection to a particular program, even when I was part of it. I was on some good teams in high school and I was proud of our accomplishments, but I don't necessarily root for guys from my old school. There's some interest there, but I don't feel "school pride" like other people.

Mike Vash added to this discussion on May 29, 2016

I for one am 48 years old and been a cleveland sports fan for all of them so you can imagine the pain I have endured lol.Although basketball is my 4th favorite sport the
Cavs winning the championship would be my Cleveland best moment in pro sports:)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 29, 2016

Cavs best chance to win a title took a big hit last night when OKC went down in flames in the final minutes. In fairness, Klay Thompson wasn't missing a shot. When Curry (who has spend the playoffs showing that he's not the best player in the NBA by a long shot) got hot, that was it.

Cavs would have had home court against OKC. They're on the road and playing the more dangerous team if GS closes at home.

Oh, well, that's how Clevelanders think. Some of you probably don't understand my mindset but NE Ohioans do.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on May 30, 2016

I think mine is the 20th post in this string, and I haven't seen LeBron James name once. I think we should give the guy a lot of credit. Six straight years in the finals, pretty impressive. I have to admit, he seems to be doing everything he can to bring the team together and finally win a championship. I think that even includes scuttling Blatt, I didn't like it at the time but looking back maybe it had to be done.

Anyway, I'm a casual fan. I don't enjoy watching the games end to end, but I like seeing the highlights and all the banter on ESPN the next day.

I hope they win it all. I hope LeBron gets all the credit due to him.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on May 31, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Cavs best chance to win a title took a big hit last night when OKC went down in flames in the final minutes. In fairness, Klay Thompson wasn't missing a shot. When Curry (who has spend the playoffs showing that he's not the best player in the NBA by a long shot) got hot, that was it.

Cavs would have had home court against OKC. They're on the road and playing the more dangerous team if GS closes at home.

Oh, well, that's how Clevelanders think. Some of you probably don't understand my mindset but NE Ohioans do."

I was lucky enough to be at Cleveland's last championship. At 13 I sure didn't think it would be the last. My heart goes out to those that haven't had that experience. Born and raised in Cleveland, I tell folks once a Clevelander always a Clevelander. I also tell them our motto is "If it can go wrong it will".

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 5, 2016

Not looking good.

At all.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on June 17, 2016

Looking pretty good right now! Seventh game will be tough but who thought they would be here a couple games ago? I have to admit, not me.
I hope LeBron goes for 60 and they win it all!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 17, 2016

I agree Rick! #AllIn

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2