Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Nick Reenan a future Buckeye?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 26, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"My concern is why is he leaving Northwestern? OSU got burned a few years ago when they picked up Cody Gardner, and his heart just wasn't in it. And look what happened with Marstellar at Ok St. Just wondering??"

Reenan is not enrolled at NW. He's a senior in high school who decided to re-enter the recruitment process.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 26, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"My concern is why is he leaving Northwestern? OSU got burned a few years ago when they picked up Cody Gardner, and his heart just wasn't in it. And look what happened with Marstellar at Ok St. Just wondering??"

not same situations, Reenan is still in high school and signed last November with Nwstn-- so he isn't leaving Nwstn, he has never been enrolled there. (Marstellar & Gardner were already in college when they left).

coaching change and dramatic decline in Nwstn program this year perhaps makes Reenan re-think his choice, nothing wrong with that. imo Would be great addition to Ohio St.

(**i didnt see Hank answered already, simultaneous responses.)

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40619-frl-107-a-time-of-repentance-and-the-latest-on-nick-reenan

Ohio State seems like one of the teams in the forefront in the Reenan sweepstakes.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40619-frl-107-a-time-of-repentance-and-the-latest-on-nick-reenan

Ohio State seems like one of the teams in the forefront in the Reenan sweepstakes."

Joe: Can you bottom line what was said? I'm curious. What other teams want him?

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

Obviously, Reenan is a huge recruit and everyone wants him. They said he is walking around right now at 175 lbs so they see him at 165 lb next year.

The schools that seem like front runners are:

NC State
Ohio State
Arizona State
Virginia Tech

They talked a lot about him fitting in at Ohio State.
165- Reenan
174- BoJo
184- MyMar

They even mentioned Isaiah White going 157 to challenge Jake Ryan.

Thanks!

The way PSU lands recruits, Bucks need this one to keep pace. His presence would add depth and increase options.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"The way PSU lands recruits, Bucks need this one to keep pace. His presence would add depth and increase options."

Agree completely. The addition of Reenan could be a gamechanger for years to come. It provides so many more options and impacts the line-up in various ways from 157 all the way to 197. Adds exponential depth.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

"The way PSU lands recruits, Bucks need this one to keep pace. His presence would add depth and increase options."

Agree completely. The addition of Reenan could be a game changer for years to come. It provides so many more options and impacts the line-up in various ways from 157 all the way to 197. Adds exponential depth.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on March 29, 2016

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Agree completely. The addition of Reenan could be a gamechanger for years to come. It provides so many more options and impacts the line-up in various ways from 157 all the way to 197. Adds exponential depth."

Reenan if offensive and bonus points is key in defeating PSU.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 31, 2016

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Agree completely. The addition of Reenan could be a gamechanger for years to come. It provides so many more options and impacts the line-up in various ways from 157 all the way to 197. Adds exponential depth."

Reenan if offensive and bonus points is key in defeating PSU."

Agree. But interested in why you think so. By the way...you were right about Daniel Lewis. What a stud!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 31, 2016

As the school year winds down here when is Reenan expected to move forward with his new choice?

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on March 31, 2016

I realize this is a Ohio State board but have to give credit when credit is due Jason Nolf had a great year and is very well deserving of InterMat Freshmen of the Year I Have to say congrats to my son as well for finishing 3rd I realize these awards are based on opinions but if you told me Myles would even be on this list at the beginning of the year I would of been estatic

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on April 6, 2016

Not much to update on Reenan except that he visited NC State this past weekend and is expected to visit Virginia Tech this weekend and has one or two more schools in mind left to visit.
He will announce live on FLO. Christian Pyles indicated that his announcement is still two weeks away.
Keep your fingers crossed...

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 6, 2016

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"Not much to update on Reenan except that he visited NC State this past weekend and is expected to visit Virginia Tech this weekend and has one or two more schools in mind left to visit.
He will announce live on FLO. Christian Pyles indicated that his announcement is still two weeks away.
Keep your fingers crossed..."

Has he visited tOSU yet?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next