Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Nick Reenan a future Buckeye?
Matt Mace added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Why wouldn't he?! Best heavy room in the country. How nice would he fill out our lineup? Of course Bo would have to make 165 again, Miles stays put also at 174 and Reenan fills in at 184. They all move up in 2017-18 to make room for White.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40549-back-on-the-market-reenan-gets-release-from-northwestern

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Why wouldn't he?! Best heavy room in the country. How nice would he fill out our lineup? Of course Bo would have to make 165 again, Miles stays put also at 174 and Reenan fills in at 184. They all move up in 2017-18 to make room for White.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40549-back-on-the-market-reenan-gets-release-from-northwestern"

Reenan could be a RS next season and then come back as a 184/197 the following year. It's actually a damn good fit IMHO. It would make sense. Allows Bo to bump to 174. Myles to 184. White at 165. And would give us some serious depth 174-197. And the Bucks should have plenty of recruiting dollars in the tank to make it happen.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Reenan to tOSU would be awesome and definitely put tOSU in the title race for years to come. Reenan is a 174/184 guy. He wrestled up this past season and it was obvious that he was a undersized 195#.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

ohio st is all over him.

Nwstn needed to be on top of this, they knew for 5 months they needed a head coach, why have they not named one already ???? VERY strange, all circumstances since November very hard to understand.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

What an odd situation with Coach Pariano at NW. To be released so close to the season with zero public justification. I went to Midlands and asked a few people who seemed like NW insiders, no one would give a reason. Odd.

The sad part is that Pariano did wonders for that program. My fear is that Storniolo isn't ready to be a D1 coach and the program will suffer. Maybe the administration doesn't care?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

The article says that Storniolo was named the head coach today.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

My guess us that he goes to Cornell. Similar academic standards as NW and he would have Gabe Dean as a training partner.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Cornell a good chance, Buckeyes too.

i'm really puzzled by Nwstn, don't they care anymore? big names are out there who might want to coach in the Big Ten, Popoluzio, Bryan Smith. Assts Bryan Snyder, Tony Robey, even Casey Cunnigham might want to run his own program. .....The only other opening is Cal Poly, this was THE time Nwstn could be center stage.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Unsolicited guess:

Pariano and whoever in authority had an obscure/unorthodox MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction)situation.

They both know that if the other pipes up, they both go down, thus they are both hostage to one another.

Shrug.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 24, 2016

Unsolicited guess:

Pariano and whoever in authority had an obscure/unorthodox MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction)situation.

They both know that if the other pipes up, they both go down, thus they are both hostage to one another.

Shrug.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 25, 2016

Doesn't hurt that the Bucks have had 4 NCAA champs in the last two years while finishing 1,3. You can also redshirt Reenan for a year and redshirt My Mar while Bo goes 174.

More talent is a good thing. I'll let Ryan figure out the details. My guess is the Bucks are seriously in the hunt as they've stated an interest in a 184 recruit.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on March 25, 2016

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"My guess us that he goes to Cornell. Similar academic standards as NW and he would have Gabe Dean as a training partner."

They already have Darmstadt from Elyria who is pretty damn good.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 25, 2016

Videos of Reenan are impressive. Handled A. Valencia a couple years ago.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on March 26, 2016

Reenan would make a nice addition to any team. tOSU is going to make a strong run for Reenan just like they do with all potential recruits and hopefully things work out.

When Reenan committed to Northwestern, he was projected to be 174# and that projection still applies. The battles in the room with IWhite, ECleary, BJordan & MyMar would fun to watch.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 26, 2016

My concern is why is he leaving Northwestern? OSU got burned a few years ago when they picked up Cody Gardner, and his heart just wasn't in it. And look what happened with Marstellar at Ok St. Just wondering??

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next