Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Keep up the Good Work, Myles Martin!
Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Excellent performance by MyMart last night. He's taken a few (not a lot) losses this season, all to good opponents, but he's doing a lot of things well. He attacked Bo Nickal last night with good discretion. He made a rookie error that cost him the match (the toss attempt), but that's something that can be learned from for sure.

I think everyone in Martin's corner has to be pleased with what he's doing this year. He's attacking, he's engaging in wrestling action, he's scoring against everyone, he's competing evenly with everyone, and it's early February. He is in the mix to win it all in March. That doesn't mean he will win it all, but if he continues to work hard, learn from his coaches and believe in himself, he will have a chance to scrap with the best in this weight and see where the chips fall.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Excellent performance by MyMart last night. He's taken a few (not a lot) losses this season, all to good opponents, but he's doing a lot of things well. He attacked Bo Nickal last night with good discretion. He made a rookie error that cost him the match (the toss attempt), but that's something that can be learned from for sure.

I think everyone in Martin's corner has to be pleased with what he's doing this year. He's attacking, he's engaging in wrestling action, he's scoring against everyone, he's competing evenly with everyone, and it's early February. He is in the mix to win it all in March. That doesn't mean he will win it all, but if he continues to work hard, learn from his coaches and believe in himself, he will have a chance to scrap with the best in this weight and see where the chips fall."

I agree!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

I was impressed at his effort to get off bottom against a tough rider. After several tries, he pulled off the reversal. He was moving well, with a sense of urgency, not just staying in a 4-point stance with his head buried in the mat.

David Rourke added to this discussion on February 7, 2016

"He made a rookie error that cost him the match (the toss attempt), but that's something that can be learned from for sure."

If you watch that exchange again, Bo had his hands locked around Myles with double unders and it looks pretty clear that Myles was bailing to avoid Bo's big move. I'm guessing he's being coached to avoid those positions with Bo, but I think he should train in those positions to take advantage as Nate Jackson did. Bo's style is sloppy and sloppy gets caught!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Quote from David Rourke's post:

"

"He made a rookie error that cost him the match (the toss attempt), but that's something that can be learned from for sure."

If you watch that exchange again, Bo had his hands locked around Myles with double unders and it looks pretty clear that Myles was bailing to avoid Bo's big move. I'm guessing he's being coached to avoid those positions with Bo, but I think he should train in those positions to take advantage as Nate Jackson did. Bo's style is sloppy and sloppy gets caught!"

David, you are a prophet! "Bo's style is sloppy and sloppy gets caught!" AND HOW!

Last edited by Jack Muni on March 19, 2016; edited 2 times in total

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Greg Martin, I teared up.

'Nuff Said!

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Congrats to Greg on his son Myles' great victory tonight! Come back and post your reflections on this wonderful evening!

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Prophet!

What a great match.
What a great champion.

Congratulations To the Martin family.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

WOW WOW WOW! Myles Martin is a freshman champ?! Those Buckeyes are doing something right!

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Congrats Myles Martin and Greg Martin!

You made a believer out of me. When you came out of redshirt, I was thinking Round of 12 finish based upon my observation; when you placed third at Big Tens, I figured a low AA finish. After you beat Bryce Hammond with an outstanding ride and made no mistakes, I was thinking, making finals is legitimate, but beating Nickal would be very difficult to do.

You did it, something which is very rare and special. Thank you1

Rex Holman

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

This different angle was posted on another website:

https://twitter.com/trackwrestling/s...90562293784576

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"This different angle was posted on another website:

https://twitter.com/trackwrestling/s...90562293784576"

It appears the link isn't working as it did on yappi.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Quote from David Rourke's post:

"

If you watch that exchange again, Bo had his hands locked around Myles with double unders and it looks pretty clear that Myles was bailing to avoid Bo's big move. I'm guessing he's being coached to avoid those positions with Bo, but I think he should train in those positions to take advantage as Nate Jackson did. Bo's style is sloppy and sloppy gets caught!"

Great observation - I've always like watching him because he tries stuff like that you don't generally see at this level, but it's often not clean. Myles really tood advantage of that - good coaching and great execution.

Well done Myles Marting and congrats Dad.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"This different angle was posted on another website:

https://twitter.com/trackwrestling/s...90562293784576"

I saw the other angle and it shows how very, very close Myles came to pinning Bo. Check out at the 23-24 sec. mark where Bo shifts his weight from one side to the other.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

As I watched it live, my thought was: Nickal is pinned. It was close.

As that twitter link shows, Myles was dying to pull the trigger on the throw and did it when Nickal rushed into him.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next