Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State's 149 lbs
Alex Creech added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

Your right, the parents didn't come out say that occured. You don't think that TR discussed with the parents about getting the other on board in order to win a national championship this season, really.
"

We are talking facts. It doesn't matter what I "think" happened. But if your asking what I think happened, I seriously doubt Tom played each other in order to convince them of pulling their redshirt. I don't "think" the wrestlers\parents are that dumb. Nothing's impossible though.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

"

Your right, the parents didn't come out say that occured. You don't think that TR discussed with the parents about getting the other on board in order to win a national championship this season, really.
"

We are talking facts. It doesn't matter what I "think" happened. But if your asking what I think happened, I seriously doubt Tom played each other in order to convince them of pulling their redshirt. I don't "think" the wrestlers\parents are that dumb. Nothing's impossible though."

Alex,

Fair enough. I never considered the term "played" as part of the process. Sitting down with parents to discuss what pieces need to be in place in order to repeat as national champions is the right thing to do, imo. Those pieces would have to include HS, MyMar and KS.

"

"

"

"

We are talking facts. It doesn't matter what I "think" happened. But if your asking what I think happened, I seriously doubt Tom played each other in order to convince them of pulling their redshirt. I don't "think" the wrestlers\parents are that dumb. Nothing's impossible though."

Alex,

Fair enough. I never considered the term "played" as part of the process. Sitting down with parents to discuss what pieces need to be in place in order to repeat as national champions is the right thing to do, imo. Those pieces would have to include HS, MyMar and KS."

Sorry, "played" was my interpretation not yours.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

"
It also doesn't happen without the consent of the parents\wrestlers\olypmic coaches. Again, all fine. All of them will have made a mistake."

I guess my point, and maybe it's what is getting confused, is while they would have made a mistake (they already have) in my mind, they wouldn't have in their minds and presumably yours and other Ohio State fans. I believe it is fact that pulling Martin's and Snyder's red-shirts make Ohio State better right now. That seems to be #1 on fans and coaches' list of important things. It's not first on my list.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

"
It also doesn't happen without the consent of the parents\wrestlers\olypmic coaches. Again, all fine. All of them will have made a mistake."

I guess my point, and maybe it's what is getting confused, is while they would have made a mistake (they already have) in my mind, they wouldn't have in their minds and presumably yours and other Ohio State fans. I believe it is fact that pulling Martin's and Snyder's red-shirts make Ohio State better right now. That seems to be #1 on fans and coaches' list of important things. It's not first on my list."

Michael: since they all consulted and agreed on what is a significant and unorthodox strategy -- especially Kyle -- doesn't that put it somewhere on the wrestlers' list, also?

These aren't children and being a world champ and top level recruit (MM) gives them , I would think, the juice to say no or strongly discourage it. Greg himself said they weighed it and agreed.

I know if I had MM's talent and thought I could compete as a freshman I would. I also, having been presented the chance, wouldn't want to be he guy who declined only to see the team come up a few points short. I just can't help thinking about the year they were 2nd to Iowa.

Your opinion it may not work may be correct. I also believe if everyone were honest no one would have thought after the Lehigh loss last year the Buckeyes were going to win the title.

"

"

I guess my point, and maybe it's what is getting confused, is while they would have made a mistake (they already have) in my mind, they wouldn't have in their minds and presumably yours and other Ohio State fans. I believe it is fact that pulling Martin's and Snyder's red-shirts make Ohio State better right now. That seems to be #1 on fans and coaches' list of important things. It's not first on my list."

I sent you a private msg, not sure if they are getting sent.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

"

"

"

I sent you a private msg, not sure if they are getting sent."

Hey, Creech...are you one of the Creech's from Milton-Union?

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

"

"

"

Hey, Creech...are you one of the Creech's from Milton-Union?"

Heck no, those Creech's are nuts! Just kidding. No, I don't even know where Milton-Union is.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 3, 2016

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

"

"

"

Hey, Creech...are you one of the Creech's from Milton-Union?"

Heck no, those Creech's are nuts! Just kidding. No, I don't even know where Milton-Union is."

Ha!

One of them was a State Champ (DIII). Another used to wear a warm up shirt that said "Creecher" on the back. Just thought I'd check.

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Casey: Deight stated that he will be posting on the "Wrestler's Anonymous" thread soon. Hopefully sooner than later, but, as we saw with Mr. Greg Martin, perhaps it's better he stay slightly anonymous...for now."

Well posting anonymously, and by inference from within the program itself, I trust that Mr. “Dwight LeRoy” will forever be barred from purchasing, wearing, or otherwise possessing an “OWNit” t-shirt, yes? :-)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Just to be clear before I divorce myself from this topic for the forty thousandth time:

I wasn't calling Tom Ryan a liar. I was saying he made decisions that I believe to be rash based on a desire to win now. I am sure he talked with all affected parties. But he is a great salesman--an important skill for any successful coach--so it's not difficult for one to imagine he got the answers he wanted from the parties involved. I do think wrestlers prefer the approach Cael took last year where he had a plan and stuck to it in spite of facing a similar situation. Yes, they're different people who have different tactics. But when you stick with what you say, you're on firmer ground with your squad. When you suddenly switch things up and move guys around, some of them--even when they go along with it--feel a lingering sense of ambivalence about how they're being treated.

The message function on this board doesn't always work. i don't know why. I will talk to Dan Cosimi. This forum needs a more up to date platform.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Needs a "like" button, too. Is that possible?

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"

"Casey: Deight stated that he will be posting on the "Wrestler's Anonymous" thread soon. Hopefully sooner than later, but, as we saw with Mr. Greg Martin, perhaps it's better he stay slightly anonymous...for now."

Well posting anonymously, and by inference from within the program itself, I trust that Mr. “Dwight LeRoy” will forever be barred from purchasing, wearing, or otherwise possessing an “OWNit” t-shirt, yes? :-)"

You obviously have an issue with me, why don't you take these personal shots towards me and address them to me via private message. I NEVER said anything about posting on this so called "Wrestlers's Anonymous" thread, whatever that is.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

September 27th, 2015:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Dwight, can u give us your background, u have been active on here recently and u say u r new to ohio, just curious."

I'm new to being a tOSU fan, not new to wrestling. If someday I feel inclined to provide background information, I'll be sure to reply on Wrestling Anonymous: Introductions Are In Order! thread."

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

"September 27th, 2015:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Dwight, can u give us your background, u have been active on here recently and u say u r new to ohio, just curious."

I'm new to being a tOSU fan, not new to wrestling. If someday I feel inclined to provide background information, I'll be sure to reply on Wrestling Anonymous: Introductions Are In Order! thread."

"

Thanks Mark, I honestly read the wrestling anonymous comment wrong. I was thinking it was something totally different.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next