Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio state next year
Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

One thing... Myles Martin is not a huge 174. I think, unless he hits the weight room pretty hard or has a growth spurt (both possible), he would be a pretty undersized 184. I bet Bo could stay 165, too.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Alex, In a interview Pletcher said that he doesn't have to cut any weight to make 132 for WNO but it's a 7# allowance.

Ben, During a Flowrestling interview, MyMar said that when started cutting down to 174# when he decided to pull his redshirt, he was weighing 195#. I agree, he doesn't look big at 174#.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Does anyone else see it as a possibility to have Micah all the way to 157 and Jake make the cut to 149? Micah was long thought of as the future for 157. Just because he sacrificed some serious personal horsepower and made the cut to 141 doesn't discount that notion in my mind.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

I don't think Pletcher can make 125 but maybe Coach Ryan does.

Myles Martin looks thin because he's making a nice cut. He can easily add muscle. He has the size to be a nice size 184.

Interesting query about Micah jumping to 157 and Jake dropping. Jake is short.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

I didn't know about the 7# allowance, so that would be a big cut, but how much is Nate cutting? Sounds like there are a lot of options from 125-184. Moore at 97 and Snyder at 285 seem pretty set.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

I'd like to see Bo to 184.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"I'd like to see Bo to 184."

This seems like the best solution. I bet he weighs more than 184 by next week. (Unless he qualified for the trials?)

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

I was supportive of pulling the shirts for Myles and Snyder. But isn't it a possibility White needs one? IF academics were an issue I would think that a possibility. Plus, after watching several of his matches he was successful against some good opponents but seemed to have problems with upper echelon, he may need a year. Myles beat everyone not named Valencia and was very close to him a couple of times.

As for Micah going 157 and Jake dropping to 149, that is intriguing. Either way, they would probably wrestle for second if Rutherford or Sorenson stay at 149 and Martinez or Nolf stay at 157.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

I just read Flo's recap and didn't realize that Ohio State returns the most team points (83), 10 more than Penn State.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Line up is an NCAA championship team next year, but if Bo doesn't go 174 or 184, where he belongs, I may have to boycott the scarlet and gray for a year, the young man has done his part for the team, and had to do what none of us ever did, compete against a cousin and this level, the kid has great class, he has to be a little selfish next year, we have the power to fill in as needed around him. I feel like Myles can give 184 a new look, I am in awe of these young men, top to bottom, it's an all star team, and Ryan will be fine, get his conditioning up and he is there. Pure athletes they are what you get when you add work ethic, talent, and character to a driven mind set.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

"Line up is an NCAA championship team next year, but if Bo doesn't go 174 or 184, where he belongs, I may have to boycott the scarlet and gray for a year, the young man has done his part for the team, and had to do what none of us ever did, compete against a cousin and this level, the kid has great class, he has to be a little selfish next year, we have the power to fill in as needed around him. I feel like Myles can give 184 a new look, I am in awe of these young men, top to bottom, it's an all star team, and Ryan will be fine, get his conditioning up and he is there. Pure athletes they are what you get when you add work ethic, talent, and character to a driven mind set."

I concur, especially after watching his Flo interview.

Look at the metrics:

Student, husband/father,has only lost to 2 wrestlers
2x AA, carries/navigates his cousin, the family name/expectations, and example to his little brother, etc.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 20, 2016

After watching Nate and Bo's interviews on flo, I became a bigger fan of these guys. Incredible poise and maturity. I'd like to see Bo beef up like Heflin did his senior year and not cut much weight. That worked pretty well for Nick.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 21, 2016

Cutting weight is WAY overrated.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 21, 2016

likely lineup, imo w/expert input:
125: Tomo still at 125
133: Jose Rodriguez or Pletcher
141: KiShawn Hayes --will be good
149: Micah
157: Jake Ryan (or Cody Burcher)
165: Isaiah White
174: Bo
184: Myles Martin
197: Kolin Moore --will be good
285: Snyder

for comparison let's look at OKla St who took 2nd w/o Crutchmer and Brock both of whom will return:
125—Nick Piccininni, 4X New York state champ; defeated Sooner All-Am Millhof 8-0 this season.
133—Kaid Brock, HS All-American
141—Dean Heil, NCAA champ
149—Anthony Collica, All-American
157—Joe Smith, All-American
165—Chandler Rogers, NCAA No. 9 seed 174. 29-9
174—Kyle Crutchmer, All-American
184—Nolan Boyd, All-American
197—Preston Weigel, Big 12 champ
285—Austin Schafer.
=

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 21, 2016

Is there any truth to the rumors floating around that Isaac is considering transferring to Ohio State?

IF that is a possibility that would make an already solid lineup that much better and allow White the chance to redshirt next year.

Anyone have any inside info or was that all internet fairy tale stuff?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next