Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: tOSU v Michigan St @Walsh Jesuit: January 24,2016
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 25, 2016

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"^^^But don't you think it's possible that "the current incarnation" of HS may improve?
I don't think it's fair/right (or very smart) to cap his potential ceiling based upon his very first match back. He wrestled a very good kid fairly close. And I would wager that he was a bit tentative, and that his timing/conditioning, etc. were not as good as they're going to be.
Maybe he'll compete with/beat certain of the top guys; maybe he won't.
But I know that I for one will be rooting for him."

I'm with you, up to a point. I totally agree that he will improve, but I don't think it's realistic to think he'll pass the top level guys at 149. He's an incredibly talented wrestler with the heart of a champion, but he's missed a lot of time and had surgery on both his elbows. The fact that he's going to qualify for nationals and make some noise is a testament to his skills.

Retherford and Sorensen seem to have distanced themselves from the pack. Tsirtsis is struggling, but still has strong AA potential. We've seen what hunter did against Pantaleo. Does he beat a guy like Sueflohn, or Henderson? All American status is an amazing achievement. It's almost impossible to do when you can't bring you "A" game.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on January 25, 2016

Why didn't Micah wrestle?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 25, 2016

Quote from Jeff Reid's post:

"Why didn't Micah wrestle?"

Without really having a clue (never stopped me before), my answer: he didn't need to. He's sat out several duals--CSU, MSU and NW. I think they're trying to limit the number of times he has to make scratch weight.

Look for Bucks to use Mike Hozan in at least one (maybe both) of their duals this weekend. It might be smart to rest Nate the week before PSU.

JDJ is possibly the only starter who has wrestled in every dual.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 25, 2016

agree time off a big obstacle, Hunter lost strength while recuperating from surgery too, he couldnt lift until late last year--

however yesterday he looked good, i know his opp not good however i was looking for signs of speed and ability to attack, he had those signs-- his ankle pick and low leg tkdwn were fast & slick.

These will present problems for any opponent-- so there is reason for AA optimism i think, after all he will be stronger in 2 months.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 25, 2016

The Indiana kid, while not ranked, is a step up from the MSU kid, who he majored. He also beat Short from Minn. He should give Hunter a better match than the MSU, which is kind of what you want for his 3rd match of the year, IMO. Too bad the ranked Mich kid had to be his first match back. And like Ryan said, his timing and conditioning are the two things he needs to get better at after the long layoff

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3