Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU @ PSU (State College) 2/5/2016
Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Myles went for the headlock because of circumstances. if he had been awarded 4 backs--not 2--everything changes."

Coming off after the 4-3 loss to Nickal at the PSU Open, we knew every point was going to be critical, and to not get the 4 points, well that hurt.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Anyone else feel like both of the Jordans left their offense in Columbus?

Tomasello, too, but he was wrestling a tactical match against an elite opponent. He did take some shots, but Megaludis was good not to give up his legs. Not forcing the shots is probably what allowed Tomasello to win this match instead of losing against some of the elite guys he faced last year.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

I felt like Nate really wrestled a smart match. I agree with you Ben, last year he might not have been as patient.
As far as the Jordans, I might give the credit to their opponents and a solid gameplan against them.
I approached Mic right after his match and he was so gassed, it almost seemed like he might pass out. He left it all out on the mat. Bo on the other hand was super frustrated.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

I still don't understand why they stopped the match when JDJ was clearly working for backs against Conaway?

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"I still don't understand why they stopped the match when JDJ was clearly working for backs against Conaway?"

Poor officiating?

Dan Strope added to this discussion on February 7, 2016

Quote from Jeff Reid's post:

"

"I still don't understand why they stopped the match when JDJ was clearly working for backs against Conaway?"

Poor officiating?"

Nobody can actually speak for the ref but it looks like he starts a counting signal for stalling on top because JDJ was "riding" below the waist. I still haven't figured out if he stopped the match and because of the stall call or not but the next time JDJ gets hit for stalling a point is awarded. I think the announcers dropped the ball on this one and totally missed the stalling warning.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Everyone should checkout the highlights of Myles vs Nickel on Flo. Myles clearly had a four count!!!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"Everyone should checkout the highlights of Myles vs Nickel on Flo. Myles clearly had a four count!!!"

not to mention locking hands.

At one point Nickal is standing and holding Myles leg for 10 seconds and then they go out of bounds. JDJ is holding Conaway leg for a second and the ref starts counting then stops back points.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"Everyone should checkout the highlights of Myles vs Nickel on Flo. Myles clearly had a four count!!!"

not to mention locking hands.

At one point Nickal is standing and holding Myles leg for 10 seconds and then they go out of bounds. JDJ is holding Conaway leg for a second and the ref starts counting then stops back points."

Welcome to State College, where the crowd starts the 'stalling' chant before the ref even blows the whistle to start wrestling. :)

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

"At one point Nickal is standing and holding Myles leg for 10 seconds and then they go out of bounds. JDJ is holding Conaway leg for a second and the ref starts counting then stops back points."

Welcome to State College, where the crowd starts the 'stalling' chant before the ref even blows the whistle to start wrestling. :)[/quote]

Nothing wrong with home arena advantage -- maybe tOSU would have that if we came out and supported them like the PSU fans do for their team.

Ref clearly blew calls in the Nickel v. Martin match. I don't have a problem with calls in JDJ match. Ref hit the 5 second mark prior to turn -- him not even starting the count on Nickel is what made me upset about his call in the JDJ match.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"...

Nothing wrong with home arena advantage -- maybe tOSU would have that if we came out and supported them like the PSU fans do for their team.

..."

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

I'll tell you what, #DotNet readers and contributors - let's take Brady up on this point. What do you say - this Friday night? At home? Against Wisconsin???

Who is in!?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"...

..."

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

I'll tell you what, #DotNet readers and contributors - let's take Brady up on this point. What do you say - this Friday night? At home? Against Wisconsin???

Who is in!?"

I'm thinking about coming but my fear is I drive 2 hours and Bo doesn't wrestle then I spend my 2 hour drive home being mad.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Is it the general consensus of The Dot Net community that Ohio State lost this dual because of the fans and the officials?

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Is it the general consensus of The Dot Net community that Ohio State lost this dual because of the fans and the officials?"

What else could it be?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 9, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Is it the general consensus of The Dot Net community that Ohio State lost this dual because of the fans and the officials?"

Ummmmmm... Yes! Duh.

And don't forget the concession stands. I heard PSU concession offer real bratwurst and French fries. Not getting those at St. John Arena.

ps: it certainly couldn't be that PSU is better than Ohio State! Remember that, Michael. ...remember that.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next