Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Discussion Topic: KYLE SNYDER IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!
Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on April 11, 2016

I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were known to the website administrator as being members of the TSUN boosters club and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of ohiowrestling.net

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOjSEW09NxE

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on April 12, 2016

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"I value Michael's opinion as well.
But in this instance, I think he's gone too far.
Specifically, this is his quote:

"Now if Martin is an All American and Bo Jordan upsets Derringer to win the 165-pound title and Snyder rolls through the heavyweight division and on to Olympic glory, along with Ohio State winning back-to-back titles then I will be totally wrong. But if that doesn't happen (all of it), then I'm right on this one."

So he's saying that unless each and all of these goals are realized, then the involved moves should be deemed failures. I don't think that's a fair way to evaluate what I'm certain were difficult, but reasoned, decisions."

I was thinking about this quote when I watched the NCAA on that Saturday night and I was screaming at the top of my lungs at Myle's and Kyle's wins.- The guys at the American Legion in Mechanicsburg were about ready to restrain me!

I think that the strategy decisions proved themselves right. Look at the 3 main weight classes affected by these decisions.

165- Bo got third, as he stumbled to Isaac again. This is a better outcome than anyone else on the team would have had at that weight class if he had moved up.

174- Myle's won. There couldn't have been a better outcome here. Even if Bo would have moved up and dominated the weight class, it would have paled to the accomplishment of Myle's amazing 6 months of going from red-shirt, to potential AA, to National Champion. This was just an incredible ride of emotion. Buckeye Nation is proud of you Myles.

285- Kyle's defeat of Gwiz has been called by many as the greatest heavyweight match of all time. (That's probably a little over blown, but it was certainly great entertainment!) And, Kyle comes back in the championship round against Varner in the Trials, after losing the first match to sweep the last 2 and win the Olympic berth. - Now all he has to do is win the Olympics and he's had a perfect year. - EASY PIEZY!

A question for you historians, how many guys have won the NCAA (folkstyle) and won an Olympic berth (freestyle) in the same year.

My point is that this plan went off as well as could be dreamed for the three wrestlers involved, except I'm sure Bo would have liked to finish a couple of spots higher. - It couldn't have been much better than 2 champs and a third for these three spots, and Snyder still wins his Olympic berth.

The only shortcoming of the plan, was the combination of injuries and the inability of some other guys to step up and do their part to get the back to back championships this year.

The magic was there for Myles, Kyle, and Bo, and I can't fault Nate's effort, but I was hoping for some contributions from some other members of the team that just didn't happen this year.

Michael's premise had always been that it was an all or nothing affair for OSU, that they needed to win the NCAA's or all of these moves were a waste, and I have never felt that way.

OSU got a team trophy, two champs, and two thirds. That's still a very successful NCAA tourney. - -About 80 other programs would have been overjoyed to have that result. And, the NCAA journey did not unrail Snyder's attempt to qualify for the Olympic berth.

The two championships wouldn't have happened without the coaches changes in lineup at the first of the year.

Those four top three placers consist of 3 sophmores and a freshman. OSU Wrestling has a very bright future ahead!

My hat's off to Tom Ryan, all of the coaches, and all of the OSU wrestlers for a very successful season.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 12, 2016

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were known to the website administrator as being members of the TSUN boosters club and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of ohiowrestling.net"

Bruce, well Hank is on that list then, lol. ... check for Eli Kazan too.

re olympic gold and NCAA same year, only John Smith i believe.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 12, 2016

Love Eli Kazan.

I complained a bit just for the sake of conversation but the decision to use Snyder was not a big problem in my mind. Only issue would have been if he got hurt. That would have led to a lot of second guessing but injury is always a risk.

I didn't like the decision to push Bo down to 165. Obviously, it worked out well for Myles Martin as he had the tourney of a lifetime.

I'm very pleased for Kyle Snyder and Tervel Dlagnev. Feel badly for Logan and Hump.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on April 12, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were known to the website administrator as being members of the TSUN boosters club and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of ohiowrestling.net"

Bruce, well Hank is on that list then, lol. ... check for Eli Kazan too.

re olympic gold and NCAA same year, only John Smith i believe."

Thanks, Bob!

I would say that this accomplishment is another indicator of Kyle Snyder's unique status in the world of amaturer and collegiate wrestling

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6