Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Discussion Topic: OSU vs. Missouri
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 11, 2015

Good call Ben. I have always thought that Ohio State fans should've expected and even demanded more from this program. And I guess I feel like they got it with the hiring of Coach Ryan. Ohio State is one of the three or four best wrestling colleges in the nation. Recruiting is strong on a national level and championships will come as Ohio high school talent ebbs and flows. My point is, you're there. This is what you wanted, what I thought the program should be...a perennial top five team that wins a couple titles a decade. That's the "new normal" around here. Well done.

That was my point on Iowa of the 80s not coming back. No one's going to have a run like that. It's going to be more of what we've seen the last ten years and tOSU is one of the select programs that will be in the hunt year in and year out. Martin's three points at nationals won't change that. I just don't think it's worth it. Ohio state will win a title while Martin is in school. I just don't think it'll be this year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on December 11, 2015

Rodriguez states some valid points, as my numbers show, Myles would have to be a top 4 finisher this year to really have a shot at a national championship. The coaching staff is as solid as their is but the facilities is the anchor that's killing recruiting.

The only thing that I somewhat disagree with is the recruiting aspect. tOSU missed out on alot of recent recruits in the last couple of years that are now at PSU, MN & IA and that's going to be extremely difficult to overcome in the near future. Some of it was due to protecting the current roster and others due to facilities. If tOSU misses out on the latest possible recruit to NE, then next year at 157# & 165# is going to be interesting.

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on December 11, 2015

I totally get the RS argument. Screamed from the tree tops for Colt as well as others to RS.

However, even when the buckeyes finished 2nd in back to back years I believe many OSU faithful wanted a national title, but didn't necessarily believe it could be achieved. I believe that now most believe and almost expect it.

I have heard from some in the know that My Martin is ready to compete at the national level. If Tom Ryan believes this is the difference between another title or a top 5 finish I have to support his decision. I love the fact that the staff is not settling for a solid finish but want to go after a title.

Obviously just my 2 cents, and at the end of the day we may be having this discussion through January. Because until it is official that he is not red shirting or that Hunter is back to where we hope he is, we are only speculating. And in reality we are no better than the annoying talking heads on TV.

Go Bucks!!!!!!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 11, 2015

When Pat Niemann speaks, you KNOW the topic is real!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 11, 2015

I'm too conflicted to offer an opinion; I think MyMar should redshirt, I want BoJo to win 3 titles, and I want the Bucks to repeat this year.

#WayAboveMyPayGrade

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

What a great discussion. It wasn't long ago we couldn't dream of debating the margin for a team championship. We were lucky to qualify a few for nationals.

On the point issue isn't it theoretically an 8 point difference? Best case scenario with Bo at 74 is 24 team points using the numbers above. Obviously 0 at 65.

If the assumption is the team pulls the shirt because Myles can be top four -- reasonable based on performance and the fact the weight has cleared out considerably -- we have Bo possibly with 18 and Myles possibly with 14.

Unless I'm reading the chart wrong that's a difference of 8, which clearly could make a difference in the team race.

As far as the concern for the individual I doubt Ryan does this without some consensus being reached among those involved.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"What a great discussion. It wasn't long ago we couldn't dream of debating the margin for a team championship. We were lucky to qualify a few for nationals.

On the point issue isn't it theoretically an 8 point difference? Best case scenario with Bo at 74 is 24 team points using the numbers above. Obviously 0 at 65.

If the assumption is the team pulls the shirt because Myles can be top four -- reasonable based on performance and the fact the weight has cleared out considerably -- we have Bo possibly with 18 and Myles possibly with 14.

Unless I'm reading the chart wrong that's a difference of 8, which clearly could make a difference in the team race.

As far as the concern for the individual I doubt Ryan does this without some consensus being reached among those involved."

Good stuff, Roe.

It is easy to forget (at least for me) that this is the coaching staff's OCCUPATION.

Numbers crunchers, technique, logistics, travel, the whole shooting match are available and in play.

While they can't predict a number of variables/outcomes, I can't think of a scenario where the coaching staff isn't a full 5K ahead of us in regard to considering every available option/possibility at every juncture.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

I just noticed the title of this topic...when is the dual?

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

8:00 PM EST

John Ice added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

This is as bad as waiting on Buckeye football games that start at 8:00 pm!

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

Starting at 285...quick to for tav. Tav gets lateral dropped for 6....storms back to take the lead and gets the pin.

Nato roboticly takes apart mcghee. This was maybe the best I've seen nate look and that's obviously saying something. Nate wins 10-1.

Jdj vs. 14th rank Synon. Barrel for 2. Escapes at end of 1 it's 2-1. Synon starts down. He gets the escape.. 2-2. Jdj gets body locked to his back but out of bounds. Jdj takes down. Escape to go up 3-2. Synon with the body lock to PIN.....ouch.

Micah vs. Manly...0-0 after one. Micah takes dowm.out in 17. 1-0 into the 3rd...manly chooses down. He's writing the book on slowing micah...staying low and locking up lots of front heads. Micah scores on a reattack. Micah gets taken down to at the end to lose 4-3.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 12, 2015

I'm not going to overreact to a December dual...I'm not going to overreact to a December dual...I'm not going to overreact to a December dual.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next