Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Mark Hall
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

I was 99% sure he was going to PSU but waited to say anything as well Now I hope folks focus on who wants to be here I'm glad my son did not like PSU because when my wife and I visited we did not tell him because we wanted it to be his decision but we hated it!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

sigh...the one place I hoped he wouldn't go.

Oh well, GO BUCKS!!!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Hall is alleged to have told Coach Ryan he was coming on multiple occasions. Then, he recently changed his mind. The issue is if you think Hall is coming, you don't look for another recruit. Then when it's very late, you suddenly find out you need one. Tough situation for a coach.

Glad the Bucks got Cleary. Go get Romero and White as well. Train them all to beat Hall.

Jason Hayes added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"The world didn't end!! Hall's mind been made up and he dragged it out which to me was a waste of any coaches time! to each is own but Let's get Spencer Lee who I believe is looking to commit early without all the hoopla!"

I agree Gregory, he knew for awhile. It's too bad that he decided to take waste coaches time and resources. It's part of the game of recruiting so on to the next recruit.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Mark who???

Jason Hayes added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"I was 99% sure he was going to PSU but waited to say anything as well Now I hope folks focus on who wants to be here I'm glad my son did not like PSU because when my wife and I visited we did not tell him because we wanted it to be his decision but we hated it!"

I'm opposite, I liked the campus, team and etc. The coaches treated Ke-Shawn very well and the visit was good. Regardless where my son decided to go, I too wasn't going to push him in any direction because he has to be part of a institution and program for 4-5 years, not me.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Time out!

All of this "it'll be ok" talk has me thinking I should apologize to the Mrs!

Well...at least I have a frosty one to soothe my soul.

Yo! Don't forget - this Friday is Banner Raising Day at St. John! Followed by the UVA v. tOSU meet.

#BeDare

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Just watched the video of Hall's announcement and credit where due--he was all class in how he handled the actual announcement. All the best to him moving forward.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Disagree that Hall wasted anyone's time. Tom Ryan, Zeke Jones, J Robinson and Barry Davis knew well before today that Hall wasn't going to their school. Heck, Bob P told us several weeks ago OSU was out of the running.

Mark Hall seems like a quality kid, and I'm glad he waited till signing day to announce his decision. It's good for the sport and good for Flo, which is also good for the sport. I just wish he would have chosen Ohio State, or at least a school not in the Big 10.

Well maybe hate is too strong a word but we definitely didn't think Myles would be comfortable there and was glad Myles had his mind made up early and didn't waste any coaches resources or time

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Greg,

We're also happy he didn't like his visit to PSU. Glad your son is a Buckeye.

Thanks Drew!! Myles mind was made up early to be honest and he didn't even take a official visit to PSU because he didn't want to waste anyone's time or money We went up for a match against Northwestern and never went back

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Disagree that Hall wasted anyone's time. Tom Ryan, Zeke Jones, J Robinson and Barry Davis knew well before today that Hall wasn't going to their school. Heck, Bob P told us several weeks ago OSU was out of the running.

Mark Hall seems like a quality kid, and I'm glad he waited till signing day to announce his decision. It's good for the sport and good for Flo, which is also good for the sport. I just wish he would have chosen Ohio State, or at least a school not in the Big 10."

Drew,
tOSU coaching staff thought Hall was going to attend tOSU until sometime around tOSU's wrestle offs. Hall himself said he knew that PSU was the university for him after he left the campus which was before he visited tOSU and ASU.

I guess what some individuals are saying is that if PSU was the home for Hall, he could've canceled his other visits and committed at that time. He couldn't do that because the announcement on Flo.

At the end of the day, it'll be alright and tOSU will continue to assemble a national title team.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

I'm glad that Ke-Shawn Hayes and Myles Martin decided to join the tOSU family. Who knows, we may see Myles vs Hall in the future, you never know and I'll put my money on Myles.

All I can tell you is this I know Myles has never gotten the kind of training and coaching opportunities that many of these kids have gotten but you can bet your last dollar that he is going to work as hard as he can to get to where he needs to get too As far as MH I don't even believe he will enroll at PSU until 2017

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next