Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Eastern Michigan Open
Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Probably easier to list the guys who are NOT registered than the guys who are (from everybody on the Ohio State roster in Trackwrestling):

Adam Wukie, Hunter Stieber, Jake Staggs, Kyle Riley-Hawkins, Kyle Snyder, Nathan Tomasello, Seth Williams, Thomas Haines, Troy Caldwell

No idea which wrestlers are attached and which aren't, however. I'll be at this event, but mostly concentrating on the duals, rather than the open.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"Probably easier to list the guys who are NOT registered than the guys who are (from everybody on the Ohio State roster in Trackwrestling):

Adam Wukie, Hunter Stieber, Jake Staggs, Kyle Riley-Hawkins, Kyle Snyder, Nathan Tomasello, Seth Williams, Thomas Haines, Troy Caldwell

No idea which wrestlers are attached and which aren't, however. I'll be at this event, but mostly concentrating on the duals, rather than the open."

Hunter is supposed to sit out until at least January. I doubt if he'd risk injury at Eastern Michigan.

Quote from Curt Heinrichs's post:

"

"Probably easier to list the guys who are NOT registered than the guys who are (from everybody on the Ohio State roster in Trackwrestling):

No idea which wrestlers are attached and which aren't, however. I'll be at this event, but mostly concentrating on the duals, rather than the open."

Hunter is supposed to sit out until at least January. I doubt if he'd risk injury at Eastern Michigan."

Oh, I know...just stating that, other than those I've listed above, EVERYBODY on the roster is registered for Eastern Michigan.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Sorry, I misread your post. From a glance at past year's results, it's probably going to just be underclassmen and non-starters at EMU. If I had to guess, we'll probably see the debut of Hayes, MyMar, and Kollin Moore, though Hayes and Moore will likely be unattached so they can maintain redshirts.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

OU gets to three great duals to start the year - NW, Edinboro, and MSU. Sounds like a great event with quality comp.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Sounds like MyMar is likely to be unattached as well, with Bo beginning the season at 174, correct?

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"OU gets to three great duals to start the year - NW, Edinboro, and MSU. Sounds like a great event with quality comp."

Northwestern actually pulled out a couple of weeks ago.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

"

"OU gets to three great duals to start the year - NW, Edinboro, and MSU. Sounds like a great event with quality comp."

Northwestern actually pulled out a couple of weeks ago."

Does that have anything to do with the coaching change or is it a separate matter? Or, like the rest of us, are you completely unaware of what is going on at NW even three weeks later?

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

"

Northwestern actually pulled out a couple of weeks ago."

Does that have anything to do with the coaching change or is it a separate matter? Or, like the rest of us, are you completely unaware of what is going on at NW even three weeks later?"

I really have no idea, although it isn't nearly three weeks ago. It was Monday, October 26th, or ten days ago (and really more like nine days ago, given that I'm typing this at 1 AM) when the coaching change happened.

Frankly, I have no idea whether this happened before the coaching change, or was the reason for the coaching change. (or happened after the coaching change, but before they publicized the change, although I don't think that's very likely)

► Add to the Discussion