Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Micah "Wants to be a 4xer" Comment
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 26, 2015

This comment intrigued me.

It's one thing if a high school kid, while being introduced at Senior Night, lists that he "plans on playing in the NFL...or being a carpenter" on his intro card (I actually heard that last weekend-BTW) and quite another if the Head Coach of the defending National Champions says, "He wants to be a 4xer.."

Historical precedent indicates the Bucks have had quite a bit of success @ 141 lbs.

Of course I'm a Jordan fan, however, is Micah that good?

I wonder what J. Jaggers take is?

Any thoughts?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 26, 2015

I'm sure Jagger's whispers encouraging words calling for improvement in Mic's ear as he cradled the young lad over and over.

ps: I'll see what I can find out at the Coaches' Clinic. No promises though. The last time I made eye contact with Coach Jaggers (from across the room mind you) he cradled me up and tossed me into a trash receptacle. It was not pretty.

#Savage

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 27, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I'm sure Jagger's whispers encouraging words calling for improvement in Mic's ear as he cradled the young lad over and over.

ps: I'll see what I can find out at the Coaches' Clinic. No promises though. The last time I made eye contact with Coach Jaggers (from across the room mind you) he cradled me up and tossed me into a trash receptacle. It was not pretty.

#Savage"

Level 1000+ Intel-Stalking Ninja.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on October 27, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"The last time I made eye contact with Coach Jaggers (from across the room mind you) he cradled me up and tossed me into a trash receptacle. It was not pretty.

#Savage"

Rumor has it that J was working on the no armed cradle just in case he crossed paths with you in the near future. No arms just means that he can pound his chest like a silverback while you flail hopelessly.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 27, 2015

Has any major recruit arrived at any school whose ambition was less than to win it every year?

The only news would be if Coach Ryan had said his goal was anything less.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on October 27, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Has any major recruit arrived at any school whose ambition was less than to win it every year?

The only news would be if Coach Ryan had said his goal was anything less."

I agree. Bo made no secret that his goal was four titles. If he wouldn't have run into Dieringer, he'd be well on his way.

Lots of experienced talent graduated from 141, so this year is going to be the wild west until someone steps up and claims it. I don't think Micah should be counted out by anyone.

Quote from Curt Heinrichs's post:

"
Rumor has it that J was working on the no armed cradle just in case he crossed paths with you in the near future. No arms just means that he can pound his chest like a silverback while you flail hopelessly."

Full disclosure: I'll be stealing some components of your wordsmithing and claiming them as my own.

Good perspectives.

Here is what I mean, but perhaps am not communicating well:

Lots of kids say the equivalent of, "I want to be a 4xer" (or be in the NFL or play baseball professionally)and believe it, but the adults know that it simply isn't going to happen (thus don't repeat it).

No doubt we are talking the top echelon of wrestling and I think it is possible Micah could do it. When the COACH repeats it publically, it gives me pause for consideration.

Succinctly: I highly doubt that Coach Ryan would say it if contextually it was a pipe dream for Micah, so I am excited for Micah's season to start.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on November 17, 2015

Anyone see the flo rankings? They have Micah at 18 and Solomon Chisko ranked 9th. I made a comment and someone said that Chisko beat a common opponent last year that Micah lost to. Anyone know who that is? I know these are just rankings, but I cannot see how Micah is ranked so low

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 17, 2015

Laike Gardner is who beat Micah. They banged heads and, in my opinion, Micah probably should have defaulted. He continue and lost 5-3 I believe. That was at 149.

I just looked it up and watched it. He should not have continued. Gardner then lost to Chisko in the finals. Still does not justify the huge gap in rankings. But it is flo and they do have a bias with PA wrestlers.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 17, 2015

Gentlemen: Rankings at 141 are ridiculous as currently stand but "the cream will rise. (to paraphrase Bob P who likes to quote Bill Barger). Chisko gets a win over an overrated Guilbon and shoots to 10. Not saying he isn't good but he should not be ahead of Micah. That said--eff it. The wrestling will eventually fix the confusion.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 17, 2015

41 is a tough weight to rank with some of the best guys being new and having very few results. Perhaps Micah could be higher. Jeff, Hank, how would you rank it?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 17, 2015

1) Heil--wrestled for Eds
2) Micah--last name is Jordan

Rest don't matter. Feels good to think like Neimann.

Hank, Chisko was ranked that high before he beat Guilibon. I think Micah should be ranked in the top ten along with Chisko and McKenna. McKenna is great, but he is ranked that high due to his freestyle success. This is folkstyle though and the Jordans know some folkstyle.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next