Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: Paging Dano to interpret this Tweet:
J.P. Barner added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Am I the only one that thinks this could be a good sign?"

You're not the only one HOPING it's a good sign!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason Russell added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

I am a current wisconsin native who rolled around at the fargo camp and while I can assure you that Breske is a stud, I don't see him challenging mark hall for a spot.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

Looks like Hall is going to visit ASU or NE in the near future according to Flo.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

I interpreted it that way, also.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

I interpreted it that way, also."

Breske committing doesn't signal any kind of sign to me. The reason some of the recruits commit to certain schools is so broad, that it's very probable that one may not have anything to do with the other.

What type of sign are you getting that Hall has one more official visit? I thought tOSU was going to be his last visit.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

It made me wonder if 1. Breske knew there may be a need there that wasn't about to be filled by Mark Hall or 2. That his choosing Nebraska makes it more likely Hall goes a different direction. Nobody in their right mind thinks Breske beats Hall when/if they're in the room together. But why would two top end recruits at/around the same weight choose the same school? It just lends credence to the idea that Hall is going a different direction and that leads to optimism that the direction he'll lean is the Buckeyes.

Hall having another school left to visit does leave a question in my mind as well. Usually, the team with the most recent visit has a slight edge when it comes time to choose, IMHO. So that would point elsewhere (Cael?).

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

I interpreted it that way, also."

Breske committing doesn't signal any kind of sign to me. The reason some of the recruits commit to certain schools is so broad, that it's very probable that one may not have anything to do with the other.

What type of sign are you getting that Hall has one more official visit? I thought tOSU was going to be his last visit."

What Shep said was similar to my reasoning.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

"It made me wonder if 1. Breske knew there may be a need there that wasn't about to be filled by Mark Hall or 2. That his choosing Nebraska makes it more likely Hall goes a different direction. Nobody in their right mind thinks Breske beats Hall when/if they're in the room together. But why would two top end recruits at/around the same weight choose the same school? It just lends credence to the idea that Hall is going a different direction and that leads to optimism that the direction he'll lean is the Buckeyes.

Hall having another school left to visit does leave a question in my mind as well. Usually, the team with the most recent visit has a slight edge when it comes time to choose, IMHO. So that would point elsewhere (Cael?)."

All are good possibilities.

My thoughts. It's not uncommon for schools to bring in their 1st and 2nd choices for official visits and only offer their first choice a scholarship due to scholarship funding. Being that wrestler who makes those official visits with no offer, has to be rough and not leave a good impression on the university. Everyone wants Mark Hall on their roster but due to need, offering both student athletes scholarships that will most likely be at the same weight just doesn't make sense. I think NE made Breske an offer that him and his family couldn't refuse. Having Green and Burroughs to work out with doesn't hurt either.

I know a recruit who was offered a partial scholarship the first year (due to funding) and the remaining years would be a full ride. Some wrestling families just aren't going to take that type of deal when they clearly have other options.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

Different reasoning: Hall chooses Nebraska. Burroughs is the pied piper of the moment and he has an obvious bond with Hall.

I have no idea what this young man will do but based strictly on the number of schools under consideration it's not all that likely that he chooses Ohio State.

One problem for the Bucks--at a time when their in state status has never been higher (NCAA champs, Snyder world title) Ohio is low on top flite talent. Hurts a lot that St Eds, while still a terrific program, is no longer churning out a couple superstars on a yearly basis. If Ohio were loaded, Bucks could probably sew up our major prospects. Instead, many of the biggest prospects...Pletcher....Hall...Lee...Fix...are out of state.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

Good points, Hank. Unfortunate for Ohio State that it's a little bit of a drought in Ohio. Hope we snap out of it.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on October 23, 2015

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"I think NE made Breske an offer that him and his family couldn't refuse. "

Here's hoping Mark Manning doesn't have a tomato garden or a son named Fredo.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 23, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

" it's not all that likely that he chooses Ohio State.

One problem Ohio is low on top flite talent. "

ohio top flight with one guy, Marinelli, he is the big fish that got away and that will haunt the buckeyes if they don't get Hall.

however i think they will get Hall and dodge disaster.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 23, 2015

As much as we'd all love to see Hall in a Buckeye singlet, it's not a guarantee. MINN, MICH, PSU, and Grand Canyon U all have perks and pluses. If Hall likes what he sees, he'll go for it.

I think tOSU is one of four schools that have a legitimate shot given current training opportunities, post-college opportunities, and incredible coaching staff to extend Hall's abilities.

It is certainly going to be exciting to see it all unfold.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 23, 2015

Bob: I hope you're right. My concern is Nebraska. Jordan Burroughs has reeled in Breske and Red. They are hot right now.

The Marinelli situation is unfortunate but what can one say? He was committed...then he wasn't.

Pletcher is the an underrated commit in my opinion. Love this kid and he will have the perfect workout partner in NaTo plus guys like Hayes and J-Rod.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 23, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

" The Marinelli situation is unfortunate but what can one say? He was committed...then he wasn't. "

what can we say? we can tell it like it is... we can say buckeyes lost a biggie in their backyard, how bout saying what it is. U said low on top flight ohio talent, well there was one and he is in the right weight class. BINGO.

however with encouragment from Dano i'm standing by my opinion from months ago, Hall will be a buckeye. --- and if he aint put on a Hank Williams record, get yo a bottle of Jim Beam and let the cryin' begin.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next