Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: The Season Is Approaching: What Are You Looking Forward To (College Edition)?
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 28, 2015

Dwight "LeRoy-Jenkins", we like your style! :)

I'm telling you, my wordsmith prophecy will come true. Let it be written, let it be so.

Hey, Niemann....do you remember a thread from back in the day where Rex posted something similar to, "Logan just one his first one and I realized he could be on track to be a 4xer..."

Wouldn't it be crazy if Micah shored it up at an unexpected weight class and Kenny "Friggin'" Courts became a Finalist?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: The Season Is Approaching: What Are You Looking Forward To (College Edition)?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 28, 2015

Well, now that Micah has shown the coaches that he can beat every wrestler in the room from JDJ to Myles Martin - and YES! That includes BoJo - he's stated clearly that he's going to "wrestle-off" at 141. If anyone one the planet would like to challenge him, he's game.

Just like Morpheous in the training simulator with Neo...come getcha some.

Mark it down, folks: Ohio State - NCAA Champions.

Point differential between Champ (tOSU) & Runner-Up: O/U is 11.5 points
Individual NCAA titles: O/U set at 2.5
Individual All-Americans: 7.5

I'm really not sure why we even wrestle the season.

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to LOSE MY MIND!!!!!!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 30, 2015

Also looking forward to watching Jake Danishek wrestle collegiately; just one of those outlier kids at a young age that was poised and mature on and off the mat. I'm curious as to how he is going to do.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 30, 2015

yes looking forward - Danishek no outlier to me, made finals twice & won Ironman, tremendous wrestler, did he RS last season, what wt ?

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on September 30, 2015

Bob - Danishek wrestled 57 last year as a RS and was 22-4.

I watched him wrestle Micah at least once (for some reason I think twice) and Micah beat him. It was a close match but I remember thinking Micah was in control.

Edit - forgot to add that I agree, Danishek will be a very good D1 wrestler.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Love me some IMar. #ThuggyFresh (Shout out to my boy, Shep!)

#GranTorino

"

Sheer wordsmithery! Love it!"

I'm telling you, Shep:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252658-To-Hell-And-Back-Isaiah-Martinez/video/798604-To-Hell-And-Back-Isaiah-Martinez-Series-Trailer#.VigEr5VdHIU

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

now undefeated Isaiah seems to have improved, was 2X Ironman runnerup

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"now undefeated Isaiah seems to have improved, was 2X Ironman runnerup"

Did he lose to BoJo both years or just one of them, Gran Torino?

Jason Russell added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

I am really looking forward to our opening dual against the Wisconsin badgers. Should be a lot of fun to coach against a division 1 program.

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"I am really looking forward to our opening dual against the Wisconsin badgers. Should be a lot of fun to coach against a division 1 program."

Forgive me, Jason. Which team, when is the dual, and where?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

Keep up, Justin! Jason Russell is in grad school in Wisconsin, dabbling in the art of coaching for D-III UW-Whitewater.

Tsk, tsk...

Jason Russell added to this discussion on October 21, 2015

"

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"I am really looking forward to our opening dual against the Wisconsin badgers. Should be a lot of fun to coach against a division 1 program."

Forgive me, Jason. Which team, when is the dual, and where?"

Justin, as mark stated I'm with uw-whitewater, the dual is November 12th in Madison. We will unfortunately be without two returning all Americans, so it could get ugly. But I am really looking forward to the experience!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

"

"

"Love me some IMar. #ThuggyFresh (Shout out to my boy, Shep!)

#GranTorino

"

Sheer wordsmithery! Love it!"

I'm telling you, Shep:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252658-To-Hell-And-Back-Isaiah-Martinez/video/798604-To-Hell-And-Back-Isaiah-Martinez-Series-Trailer#.VigEr5VdHIU"

I like it!!! It's on the outlook calendar. I'd call IMar a VERY longshot to run the gauntlet. Oh, and I'm on the same page as Niemann. Bucks are gonna put the pieces together and get it done this year! Mark it down!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 22, 2015

"Oh, and I'm on the same page as Niemann. Bucks are gonna put the pieces together and get it done this year! Mark it down!"

Repeat.

Let it be written, let it be so.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on October 25, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I have one date circled on my calendar: November 13th, 2015.

That is the Virginia rolls into town. I expect a big crowd with it being a Friday night and it is early in the HS wrestling season. (competition doesn't start until Dec.)

I'm also excited to see NaTo wrestle. I recently watched his SF and finals match from NCAA. Two things on that: 1) during his first three matches (I was in attendance at NCAAs) I noticed his use of a head inside single leg. I saw him hit - and score with - it more in those three matches than the previous three months. And it came in handy for those last two matches. Ha! Got'eeeeeem! 2) His timing on his FHL-to-high-crotch is IMPECCABLE!!! A moment sooner or later, he'd fight more to finish. Unreal.

Additionally, Kenny "ALL-AMERICAN" Courts. Bruh. Can't wait!

I want to see JDJ in the finals. Forget "just" AAing. I hear he's almost perfect the defense to an underhook by cartwheeling to two!

I'm excited to have ASU visiting.

Ohio University is pre-season #15 as a team. I'd love to see them get to the top 10!

And finally, I'm excited to have this forum back to concersing about wrestling again. A reunion of sorts. Now...who is our drunk uncle??? ;-)"

November 13th is also the day the NCAA Championship banner gets raised in St. John Arena. And oh, yeah, some grey-clad media member is going to be in attendance (not that anybody cares about that last point).

Now, we need to see to it that Brutus Buckeye shows up...

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next