Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Kyle Lawson to Wisconsin
Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

(from st Eds under Ryan, Nemec too along with 2 Palmers, Mark Martin, i forget anyone?)

"

I completely forgot about Nemec. He spent a little time in the lineup. Collin Palmer's career was derailed by injury, but Lance worked out pretty well for the Scarlet and Gray. Ok, fairly well. EDIT: he was a warm body in the lineup.

I agree that losing out on Marinelli was a blow to the Buckeyes (especially because he's now set on Iowa), but it's not the end of the world. Jordan^2 are going to put a stranglehold on the middle of the Ohio State lineup for a few years and you won't hear many complaints about that.

I would, however, like to see some SPG kids not named Jordan wrestle for Ohio State. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see how Jeff Jordan advises his wrestlers, especially if Wisconsin and VT are in play.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Quote from Curt Heinrichs's post:

"I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see how Jeff Jordan advises his wrestlers, especially if Wisconsin and VT are in play."

I asked him a few years ago what roll he plays in their college decision. He told me he doesn't get involved in it at all - other than answering questions directly posed to him by coaches - are the hard workers; any concerns about them; etc. Normal questions all coaches answer to college coaches ask, if they ask at all.

He's had kids attend VMI, PSU, OSU, Wis, Pur, N.Ill, VT, Pitt, N.Colorado so I don't think he's directing them to a particular college. Obviously some coaches visit that room more than others. I did get a chance to talk to Barry Davis at the state tournament as he was leaving with Mr. and Mrs. Jordan. I know he's a regular there - and thus is able to land many of their guys. Relationships built is a huge deal.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Barry the man, 3xer, i wonder where he ranks among the all-time best in that 123 to 128 range, whatever the wt was that year ?? Heres a few, i would pay to see this wrestleoff:

Bary Davis-- Ed Peery -- Mike Caruso ---Pat Milkovich -- Eric Guerrero --- Stephen Abas

Dan Strope added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Barry the man, 3xer, i wonder where he ranks among the all-time best in that 123 to 128 range, whatever the wt was that year ?? Heres a few, i would pay to see this wrestleoff:

Bary Davis-- Ed Peery -- Mike Caruso ---Pat Milkovich -- Eric Guerrero --- Stephen Abas"

I would also like to see Ricky Bonomo in that grouping. HUGE 118 and 3 time NCAA champ. Stud!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Quote from Dan Strope's post:

"Bary Davis-- Ed Peery -- Mike Caruso ---Pat Milkovich -- Eric Guerrero --- Stephen Abas"

I would also like to see Ricky Bonomo in that grouping. HUGE 118 and 3 time NCAA champ. Stud![/quote]

yes he would be, along with a few others, if we incl 118s and 115s .... i drew line at 123 to 128 to keep it managable but if u incl 115 & 118 it REALLY opens it up:

Ricky Bonomo -- Hugh Peery --GRAY SIMONS, some old timers all-time great lower wt --- legendary RICKEY SANDERS -- Rex Peery-- GENE MILLS one of the 2 all-time pin leader-- Jack Cuvo

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2