Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Good luck Cam Tessari
John Ice added to this discussion on August 27, 2015

Cam Tessari (Monroeville, OH) will be joining the Blue Raider wrestling team for the 2015-2016 season. A four-time Ohio High school state champion from Monroeville (OH) High School, Tessari overall career record was 189-6. Tessari was No. 1-ranked wrestler in the country at 140 pounds as a senior after a 52-1 season. 2011 winner of Dave Schultz High School Excellence Award for the State of Ohio. During the 2011-2012 season wrestling for Ohio State, Tessari posted a 28-11 record and finished fourth at 149-lbs in the NCAA Championships in St. Louis. Including placing fifth in the Big Ten Conference. Tessari went on to transfer to Hofstra University during the 2013-2014 season but did not competed.

Lindsey Wilson competes in the NAIA division. Last season, the Blue Raiders finished first at the NAIA East Qualifier and third at the NAIA tournament.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 27, 2015

Nice to hear that Tessari has returned to wrestling and is furthering his education. Hope he is equally successful in both endeavors.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 27, 2015

http://www.lindseyathletics.com/article/7006.php

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"http://www.lindseyathletics.com/article/7006.php"

Obviously, Cam is a HUGE get for LW. But I wanted to give a quick shout out to the guy pictured in the middle - Matt Walker is a Central Ohio kid (Hilliard Darby) transferring from a JUCO school in Iowa I do believe. Great to see him getting after it.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

Good for Cam. All the potential in the world and it was temporarily derailed because of a kid being a kid.

I'm glad to see he is making the most of his eligibility and getting an education (although it's in Kentucky, so that's why I hesitate to say "quality education").

Cam always gave me great interviews. Here's hoping for the best for him.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on January 11, 2016

Cam won the 157 class at the Open tourney that was part of the Mat Mayhem event over the weekend. Nice to see him do well.

http://www.matmayhem.com/news_article/show/595868?referrer_id=1208318

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Mark: Where are the brackets for that tourney?

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Click on the "Link to live streaming..." And it will take you to the trackwrestling website. From there select "Open" then 157.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Great to see he is back on the mat. He was one my favorites to watch.

How cool would it be if he came back to OSU next year and finished his career there. I know this isn't going to happen but would be great.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Great to see he is back on the mat. He was one my favorites to watch.

How cool would it be if he came back to OSU next year and finished his career there. I know this isn't going to happen but would be great."

Cam would not be eligible to return to Ohio State. I have spoken with someone very close to him and he's doing very well at LW. His grades are excellent and he's focused on school and wrestling. It's great to see him making positive decisions and having success.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Thumbs up to Cam Tessari. How to respond to life's curves.

Now we see that Chance Marstellar has been suspended for the season by Ok St Coach Smith. Some report that he has now quit the team. Sad to see. I hope he can respond as Cam has.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

I remember reading an interview with Marstellar where it was mentioned he spent his last two years of high school living away from his parents. That is very sad. I have no idea what his issues are but nothing good comes from being estranged from family. This young man needs help. I hope he gets it.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on January 12, 2016

Marstellar tweeted the following: "not a quitter but im done with this sport it no longer needs me and i no longer will suffer from it".

Because I love this sport so much, it always saddens me when a talented young wrestler experiences burnout. Considering the fact that he wrestled 170 his senior year of high school, I think 157 was a horrible idea, even if it was the only place he could crack the lineup. I saw the following from an article on PennLive (http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/notebook_monitoring_thoughts_f.html):

"His decision to go to 160 pounds as a junior just to challenge Garrett Peppelman of Central Dauphin, and now Virginia, was a bad one because he struggled to hold the weight during that postseason.

He told me at the District 3 championships that year that he would suffer nose bleeds and the blood would run into his lungs, making it difficult for him to breathe. How he was making 157 at Oklahoma State is beyond me."

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on February 7, 2016

Is cam wrestling this year?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 7, 2016

Cam is enrolled at Lindsey Wilson, an NAIA school in Ky. He has done very well academically so far and is a team captain. He's currently ranked #3 at 157 in NAIA.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next