Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Micic trf
Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Micic very complicated thats the problem-- Suriano or Lee would be clean cut u know what the deal is-- esp Suriano u get him next Fall.

with Micic u cant "sign him" for 2 years, hes a free agent, he has to sit a year if he goes big ten, and theres the Olympic year he will take. After that who knows, maybe to OTC ???

even if he has release and commited to ohio st tomorrow, Micic could at any time decide hes not wrestling at ohio st, he can change mind, after all he just did it to Nwstn.

Suriano probably penn st, lee likes logan so buckeyes do have good chance. Suriano clearly provides best option because u got him next Fall."

Bob, I don't think that's correct in regards to when he'll be eligible to wrestle collegiately. Based on the article, this year would be his Olympic redshirt year as well as his sit out year for transferring to a Big 10 school. That would make him available to sign a NLI for the 2016-2017 season. Obviously the Olympic redshirt would depend on him medaling at Junior Worlds.

Suriano would be a excellent recruit for tOSU but what if he wants to redshirt next year, then tOSU would still have a hole at 125#.

At the end of the day, Coach Ryan will recruit a solid student athlete.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

Mr. LeRoy is correct. Micic will have three years of eligibility. He is very sincere in his desire to be an Olympian and wants a great training situation.

Christian Pyles interview w/Micic:
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/article/32518-Stevan-Micic-Discusses-His-Future#.VavlYvlVikp

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

your right Dwight, my error--

i caught my error and was modifying my post while u were posting yours, eligible 2016-17, thats if he is released to wrestle in big Ten--- last i heard Ohio St compliance had not yet revealed the release terms from Nwstn U.

fact, any recruit knows coming to ohio st is told he will start if team needs him and he is good enough--

2 true frosh might start this season, 174 Myles Martin, 197 Kollin Moore. So Surano if he came would be prepared to start right away, otherwise don't come.

no geting around it though, Micic situation complicated, thus the problem--- cant be signed for a year, can change his mind at any time-- and he just might change his mind after all he once committed to Nwstn too.

Suriano best bet if can get him, if not then Lee. Tomo could probably take one for the team and go 125 again in his 3rd year.

"your right Dwight, my error--

i caught my error and was modifying my post while u were posting yours, eligible 2016-17, thats if he is released to wrestle in big Ten--- last i heard Ohio St compliance had not yet revealed the release terms from Nwstn U.

fact, any recruit knows coming to ohio st is told he will start if team needs him and he is good enough--

2 true frosh might start this season, 174 Myles Martin, 197 Kollin Moore. So Surano if he came would be prepared to start right away, otherwise don't come.

no geting around it though, Micic situation complicated, thus the problem--- cant be signed for a year, can change his mind at any time-- and he just might change his mind after all he once committed to Nwstn too.

Suriano best bet if can get him, if not then Lee. Tomo could probably take one for the team and go 125 again in his 3rd year."

NoTo has earned the right to move up to 133#. Asking him to cut excessive amount of weight for the 2016-2017 season doesn't seem right to me. I would think that tOSU would recruit around him considering what he's done for the program.

There were a couple of guys who could've started during the 2013-2014 season but didn't because of the master plan for the 2014-2015 season. In your opinion, does tOSU have a better shot at winning it all in 2015-2016 or 2016-2017?

The 2 frosh that you mentioned, we all know the situation ,Olympic redshirt & open weight class. I understand why Ryan tells recruits they may not get a redshirt during their true freshman year and he even told me the reasoning behind it but I just don't agree with it.

Micic situation maybe complicated but I think he's worth looking into once his NW release information becomes official.

I'll

im sure Ryan would take any of the 3 whenever available, and deal with it.

Ron Hreha added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

Can Micic get scholarship money if he transfers within the B1G? I thought there was a rule about that but not sure if it applies to wrestling. Would be a huge add if the Bucks get him for free (no scholly)

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

Is this not settled? Isn't he heading to ASU?

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Is this not settled? Isn't he heading to ASU?"

No, according to the article, ASU doesn't have the funding to offer him a scholarship offer that would work for his circumstance. Micic is still looking for a school.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on July 19, 2015

Quote from Ron Hreha's post:

"Can Micic get scholarship money if he transfers within the B1G? I thought there was a rule about that but not sure if it applies to wrestling. Would be a huge add if the Bucks get him for free (no scholly)"

There was, but they got rid of it a few years back. It is now a year in residence, and a loss of a year of eligibility. (you may remember that last time you "benefited" from that rule was from Dave Rella, who transferred from Penn State)

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Is this not settled? Isn't he heading to ASU?"

Good Sir Niemann, i believe Shakespeare said it best:

"Are we idiots? are we buffoons? think ye that we wouldst lively blabber about nothing?"

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

"your right Dwight, my error--
2 true frosh might start this season, 174 Myles Martin, 197 Kollin Moore. "

So, Bob, are you inferring that KeShawn doesn't have a chance at 141 if Hunter is not healthy?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

Quote from Ron Hreha's post:

"Can Micic get scholarship money if he transfers within the B1G? I thought there was a rule about that but not sure if it applies to wrestling. Would be a huge add if the Bucks get him for free (no scholly)"

There was, but they got rid of it a few years back. It is now a year in residence, and a loss of a year of eligibility. (you may remember that last time you "benefited" from that rule was from Dave Rella, who transferred from Penn State)"

Rella was different--he was able to wrestle right away, but didn't receive scholarship money. I may be mis-remembering.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

interesting reads but some of what I am reading is definitely not facts

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"interesting reads but some of what I am reading is definitely not facts"

Gregory, pray inform, tell us who amongst us speaketh with forked tongue?

PatA,
i pencil Hunter in because by all reports from those who should know, as of right now, Hunter on course to be completely ready by mid-season. ohio st brings him along slowly but prognosis is good. ---thus yes KeShawn would RS.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Reading between the lines...

Gregory Martin expects his son to redshirt (among other possibilities).

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next