Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

NDC always seems to have a lot of money to spend. And they're motivated to stay on top. Good combo if you're running a program.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

and the coaching combo of Romano, Ralph and Sonny Marchette is dynamic. -coaching success doesnt happen by accident.

Romano always full of enthusiasm, no substitute for enthusiasm. i always learn something when i talk to Frank Romano.

Agree. The staff is excellent. Aside--Sonny Marchette was one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch at any level.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

NDC great program, no doubt. Marchette, I agree Hank, one of the most exciting I've ever watched.

My question on Romano has always been: why did Kent improve dramatically after he left? Coach Andrassy has taken the program to the next level. Romano huge success at NDC, what was missing at Kent?

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"NDC great program, no doubt. Marchette, I agree Hank, one of the most exciting I've ever watched.

My question on Romano has always been: why did Kent improve dramatically after he left? Coach Andrassy has taken the program to the next level. Romano huge success at NDC, what was missing at Kent?"

That's a great question. You are the ow.net poster of the week (we could actually have such a thing and give cheap prizes like free CB sandwiches) in my opinion.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"NDC great program, no doubt. Marchette, I agree Hank, one of the most exciting I've ever watched.

My question on Romano has always been: why did Kent improve dramatically after he left? Coach Andrassy has taken the program to the next level. Romano huge success at NDC, what was missing at Kent?"

lol, i asked Frank same question, it got his blood pressure surging (at the factors, but not at me)

one big factor in success is "Does your AD like wrestling, does your AD support you as head coach" -- if u don't get along with your AD, your in a hopeless situation.

Frank had a good AD who brought him to ND, she left but he got lucky and the new AD does like wrestling, he tells me. (i luv cornbeef too)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 21, 2015

Dano tweet #NCAA champion The Ohio State Buckeyes will wrestle Michigan State University at Walsh Jesuit high school on Sunday, Jamuary 24th, 2016.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 26, 2015

we got a GREAT forum going, no hiding behind aliases-- but we need more guys with gonads to give opinion. Right now we don't have enough.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on July 26, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"we got a GREAT forum going, no hiding behind aliases-- but we need more guys with gonads to give opinion. Right now we don't have enough."

Don't sugarcoat it, Bob- give it to us straight.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 26, 2015

i'm gonna say it right now, a great man is amongst us-- and the timid are silent.

Greg Urbas is once in a generation, st Eds carries the load of cadet/junior camp again-- host housing? got any idea what that involves, the work??

when this guy is gone, no one can or will replace him, truth.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 27, 2015

Bob: Glad you're pointing out the work put in by Greg Urbas on behalf of Ohio. He has always been among the most charitable, unselfish people I know in the wrestling community. He deserves your accolades and many more.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 28, 2015

from #Dano: micic out

imo suriano a long shot, pletcher probable -- its Hall or bust for buckeyes, still good chance however i don't like fact he is waiting til Nov to announce.

i admit to "catching the fever" a few weeks ago, was too optimistic, a cardinal sin for a writer-- thus i accept censure & reprimand but plead no courts-martial.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 31, 2015

buzz is Kolodzik is taking a year off before going to Princeton to work with Jeff Buxton.

tweet from # Dano: we are on Pletcher-watch

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 6, 2015

big debate in Cleve tonite, world is watching.

Dano came in yesterday with big entourage, Burke Lakefront packed with private planes-- the trendy Cleve restaurants were packed (& Cleve has alot of them if u watch Food Network, several "star" chef reside here, not to mention Mr Brisket). So the joint is jumpin--- TRUMP gonna "BRING IT" i think, fireworks guaranteed. --Stir your martini and enjoy !

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 7, 2015

After the Pletcher announcement right before the Rousey fight I think we need some news to pick us all back up so we can motor through the remaining summertime period. Bob, what's Dano got today? Anything at all? :)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next