Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Chad Red is a stud. Nebraska did good."

I am always surprised when Ohio State misses out on a recruit like Red. I'm not disappointed, angry, miffed, heated, or even perturbed. A bit flummoxed, that's all.

But when we lose out to Nebraska, I have to pause...and consider if Ohio State has already lost whatever luster it may have had.

We missed out on Chad Red - he's a hammer. TO NEBRASKA!?! A part of me thinks our recruiter(s) thought winning a National Title would do the recruiting for them.

Oh, well. See everyone on Friday the 13th!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Nebraska has some guy named Burroughs training there. Might be a draw.

Dan Strope added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

"Chad Red is a stud. Nebraska did good."

I am always surprised when Ohio State misses out on a recruit like Red. I'm not disappointed, angry, miffed, heated, or even perturbed. A bit flummoxed, that's all.

But when we lose out to Nebraska, I have to pause...and consider if Ohio State has already lost whatever luster it may have had.

We missed out on Chad Red - he's a hammer. TO NEBRASKA!?! A part of me thinks our recruiter(s) thought winning a National Title would do the recruiting for them.

Oh, well. See everyone on Friday the 13th!"

I wonder since Penn State has won 4 of the last 5 national titles and basically redshirted away any chance last year for a shot at another sustained run, if they think that way when they lose a kid to Ohio State?

Hank: Meh. Ohio-RTC has proven itself. And the guys on the team (tOSU & O-RTC) are some of the best on the planet at what they do - too include the coaches. It's "Surround yourself with greatness" or "stand next to greatness" - and Red has made his choice, thanks, in part, to the recruiting efforts (or lack thereof) from the Buckeyes.

Dan: I doubt PSU thinks that way. They recruit who they want. And 99.9% of the time, they get them. But that's the issue - they recruit them.

EDIT: BTW, you PA homer ;-) they weren't winning a title last year. What you saw last year was what happens when tOSU decides to actively recruit. Sometimes I wonder who is steering this ship.

It will be quite telling soon enough. Hopefully Dano can chime-in with any info he's heard.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

" I am always surprised when Ohio State misses out on a recruit like Red. I'm not disappointed, angry, miffed, heated, or even perturbed. A bit flummoxed, that's all.

Oh, well. See everyone on Friday the 13th!"

Flummox is related to perturbed, though I couldn't find the reverse to be true.

According to google, linguists, in trying to identfy the etiology of the word flummox, have been flummoxed.

Hopefully Ohio State disflummoxes their recruiting so you become unflummoxed.

Steve: That was impressive.

To be 100% honest, my above two posts were in jest. AND IT TOOK everything in me to type something that wasn't positive.

I'm not sure how negative Nancy's exist.

Anywho, I trust the coaching staff to make the right decisions about who to recruit and who not to. And any and all times I watch interviews with Tom Ryan and "Sweet" Lou Rosselli, they are always saying the right things.

Go Buckeyes.

Jason Hayes added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

There are so many reasons why wrestlers choose not to attend tOSU or any other school. Maybe CR decided that the current roster wasn't a good fit, maybe it came down to money, facilities, workout partners or possibly he simply wanted to workout with Burroughs like he stated in his interview. IF the later is true, no matter who Ohio RTC has in the room, none of them are Burroughs.

At the end of the day, schools win and lose on recruits. Those that have been personally involved in the recruiting process understands that it's not just a black and white decision, alot of grey is involved.

Quote from Jason Hayes's post:

"There are so many reasons why wrestlers choose not to attend tOSU or any other school. Maybe CR decided that the current roster wasn't a good fit, maybe it came down to money, facilities, workout partners or possibly he simply wanted to workout with Burroughs like he stated in his interview. IF the later is true, no matter who Ohio RTC has in the room, none of them are Burroughs.

At the end of the day, schools win and lose on recruits. Those that have been personally involved in the recruiting process understands that it's not just a black and white decision, alot of grey is involved."

True. I have long held that same position.

Oh, and...
To be 100% honest, my above two posts were in jest. AND IT TOOK everything in me to type something that wasn't positive.

I'm not sure how negative Nancy's exist.

Anywho, I trust the coaching staff to make the right decisions about who to recruit and who not to. And any and all times I watch interviews with Tom Ryan and "Sweet" Lou Rosselli, they are always saying the right things.

Go Buckeyes

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Specific to Chad Red....
Bucks had already landed Ke-Shawn Hayes and Luke Pletcher. Red was a luxury not a necessity.

With limited bucks, the Bucks are most assuredly looking at other sized competitors like Daton Fix for example.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

EDIT: BTW, you PA homer ;-) they weren't winning a title last year. What you saw last year was what happens when tOSU decides to actively recruit. Sometimes I wonder who is steering this ship.

Hindsight being 20/20.....you don't think Nico, Zain and Nolf could have scored 35 pts?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

"Specific to Chad Red....
Bucks had already landed Ke-Shawn Hayes and Luke Pletcher. Red was a luxury not a necessity."

Was no miss Mark, Hank is correct- ohio st did not need to recruit Red esp with Tomosello moving to 133 next year. Needs are Spencer Lee or Fix for 125.

J. Teel: who?

Ha!!! Kidding. I'm sure those three would have made things very interesting. No doubt about that.

Go Buckeyes.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

"Specific to Chad Red....
Bucks had already landed Ke-Shawn Hayes and Luke Pletcher. Red was a luxury not a necessity."

Was no miss Mark, Hank is correct- ohio st did not need to recruit Red esp with Tomosello moving to 133 next year. Needs are Spencer Lee or Fix for 125."

I agree. 125 appears to be the nagging hole at this point, once NaTo moves up to 133. But landing Hall could prove HUGE for securing the upper middleweight line-up. That'll leave Bo, Hall, Myles Martin, Moore, Snyder, and Haines for 165-285 well into the future.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

"To be 100% honest, my above two posts were in jest. AND IT TOOK everything in me to type something that wasn't positive."

It was only a slight eyebrow raiser.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Quote from Jason Hayes's post:

"There are so many reasons why wrestlers choose not to attend tOSU or any other school. Maybe CR decided that the current roster wasn't a good fit, maybe it came down to money, facilities, workout partners or possibly he simply wanted to workout with Burroughs like he stated in his interview. IF the later is true, no matter who Ohio RTC has in the room, none of them are Burroughs.

At the end of the day, schools win and lose on recruits. Those that have been personally involved in the recruiting process understands that it's not just a black and white decision, alot of grey is involved."

Niemann, who is this "JASON Hayes" imposter?!

I'm the one all the lil' homeys wanna be like... :)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next