Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 15, 2015

Phillippi article via the Indiana Gazette:

Fifteen Division I programs, including Iowa, Virginia Tech and defending NCAA team champion Ohio State, gave Phillippi scholarship offers.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-sports/high-school-wrestling-derry-standout-picks-virginia,22774185/

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 15, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Laughing at my own stupidity as I do daily....

Thanks Bob.

So, does Mark Hall like pastrami or brisket?"

Corey has expressed to me that he will be posting his "best info" strictly on ow.net -- he is a Lehigh Valley guy, wrestled at Northampton. He is well connected. Corey tells me he likes the "real name" way of doing business on this forum. So expect themat.com to quote him often in the future.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 16, 2015

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"Phillippi article via the Indiana Gazette:

Fifteen Division I programs, including Iowa, Virginia Tech and defending NCAA team champion Ohio State, gave Phillippi scholarship offers.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-sports/high-school-wrestling-derry-standout-picks-virginia,22774185/"

I'm sure the size of the offers varied a lot from school to school.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 16, 2015

"

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"Phillippi article via the Indiana Gazette:

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-sports/high-school-wrestling-derry-standout-picks-virginia,22774185/"

I'm sure the size of the offers varied a lot from school to school."

I was thinking the same thing. His only losses last year were to Pletcher and OSU is offering him money?

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 16, 2015

"Posted today on themat.com. I cannot corroborate if this is accurate:

"Circling back to Mark Hall, Corey Haddad the high school guy from AWN just reported that Hall is down to Penn State and Ohio State. He reports that Hall will make official visits to Penn State on Oct. 10, then C'bus on Oct. 18, then decide on Oct. 22."

Corey Haddad--is this true?"

According to Flowrestling website, yes, he's announcing on Oct. 22nd. That's a quick turn around to make a life changing decision.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 22, 2015

from FLO (Red is from Indiana):
The landing spot for Chad Red, the #1-ranked 132lber in the country, has been the source of much speculation.

Long regarded as one of the premier recruits in the Class of 2016, Red has been linked to several top programs including the last two NCAA Team Champions, Ohio State and Penn State.

In the end, Red zeroed in on Nebraska and committed to the Husker wrestling program.

"When it came down to it, I wanted to train with Jordan Burroughs," Red said. "It's a great opportunity and if I work hard I can become the next Jordan Burroughs."

Red is currently ranked 8th in the Pound-for-Pound rankings and 10th on the SR Big Board.
He's collected titles at the nation's most prestigious tournaments including Super 32, Fargo, and FloNationals.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 22, 2015

@BobP: Am I to assume by that post that the lightweight recruitment is considered done by Nebraska? As in, Spencer Lee is not as likely to commit to Nebraska; not out of fear of Mr. Red but rather Nebraska only having so much money to offer? (Granted, I doubt they would turn Lee away if he opted to become a Cornhusker, I'm just saying that the pie only has so many slices.)

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"@BobP: Am I to assume by that post that the lightweight recruitment is considered done by Nebraska? As in, Spencer Lee is not as likely to commit to Nebraska; "

Mark,
Red was thought in some circles to be headed to Penn st, so Cael doesnt always win, just usually. He did get verbals from projected mid-wt Lee bros from IND recently, a junior & a soph.

From October AWN:
Elsewhere Cael Sanderson continues to show his long reach for the best talent. Junior Nick and sophomore Joe Lee, brothers from Evansville Mater Dei in Indiana, verbally committed to Penn State in early September. Nick is 68-1 in his high school career, and was a state champion this past season at 132 pounds, after finishing third at 126 as a freshman. He was the No. 1 ranked sophomore in his weight by AWN. Nick was a Cadet national freestyle champion in 2014 as well as the Outstanding Wrestler, and he was a Fargo Cadet national freestyle runnerup in 2013 and 2014. Joe finished as a state runnerup as a freshman, at 138 pounds. This summer he was a Fargo Cadet national freestyle champion. Nick projects at 149 pounds in college while Joe projects at 157 pounds.

i understand Spencer Lee sweepstakes is between Penn st & Iowa, edge Penn st i'm sure. Daton Fix in the mix has unofficially visited ohio st, however since his dad wr for Okla st -- -- --

Hall i understand is between Ohio st and Penn st, pretty much 50-50, will be his last 2 visits. (all this of course courtesy of Dano, i am merely his humble servant.)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 22, 2015

Okie State has had three huge recruiting classes in recent years. How can they afford Fix?

moneys there, money not the problem, ---

OOOPS upon re-read i thought u wrote ohio st, money there for ohio st, cant speak for Okies.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 22, 2015

"Okie State has had three huge recruiting classes in recent years. How can they afford Fix?"

Agreed.

Point of note: John Smith will be at (Medina) Highland HS on October 7th doing a clinic. Just saying.

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"[Point of note: John Smith will be at (Medina) Highland HS on October 7th doing a clinic. Just saying."

yes John isn't here just for a speaking fee, he saw the young talent ohio put on the mat in fargo, D'emilio of Genoa, Decatur of CVCA, Miron's son at OlentangyL among others-- also Vough, everyone desparate for 285 who will wr in college. and SPG's motherload. --

ohio 11 NCAA AAs not by accident. (3 of em plus 2 NCAA quals from West Park, not bad for a simple cleveland neigborhood. hey John, stop on over, i'll throw an extra ribeye on the Barbq.)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 23, 2015

Bob: Assume you know who to call for USDA Prime ribeyes.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 23, 2015

"Bob: Assume you know who to call for USDA Prime ribeyes."

never a doubt u the man Hank--- i'll be up there again one of these days before the snow flies, probably order the kosher dog with pastrami on top, sounds like my style.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 23, 2015

Chad Red is a stud. Nebraska did good.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next