Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Myles Martin - 2nd at 2015 UWW Junior Nationals - Congrats
Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on May 10, 2015

Thoughts? Loved the way MM wrestled back to defeat Griego.

Wins over -
Dylan Bollinger (Roadrunner Wrestling Club) (TF 10-0)
Nathan Morris (Stanford Wrestling Club) (Fall 0:46)
Chris Pfarr (Minnesota Storm) (Fall 2:17)
Corey Griego (NWRTC) (Dec 8-8)

Finals match
1st Place Match: Zahid Valencia (Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club) over Myles Martin (McDonogh Wrestling Club) (Dec 7-0)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 11, 2015

This kid is a stud. I assume he is eager to learn. (Assumption made on tOSU's new recruiting tactics.) And currently, the environment in the Ohio State wrestling room is one of progress.

Sweet Lou recently relayed a story about Logan watching Flo or YouTube and picking up on a technique and the next day implementing it into his arsenal. When an already-3x National Champion is searching out ways to improve, that is awesome!

Tervel Dlagnev seemingly learns something new every practice. The way he talks about his sessions, it's like he's a kid in a candy story - or for us 80s movie dorks, he's like Johnny 5 being exposed to the entire Brittanica Encyclopedia set!

If MyMar walks in with the attitude of needing to learn, he'll find everything he needs to make great strides. The kid is a beast.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on May 11, 2015

I will tell you my view from a father's perspective and please don't take it as excuses because it's really things that I know personally that has me excited as a parent and not excuses Myles decided to go to Vegas 2 and a half weeks ago and as a parent I knew he was'nt training because he was away at school and does'nt have the luxury of me taking him to practices because I'm a hour and half away so at that time he went to his advisor and they let him finish his senior year a little early to go train at tOSU to go to Vegas so he ended up getting a week and half training in at tOSU before flying to Vegas Where I met him there So we get to Vegas and the 1st thing we talk about is who is going to coach him lol Yes you got it this kid of mine was willing to go without the comfort of a coach so we grabbed a guy that was out there wrestling in veterans and asked him to coach him even though we know that's not idea when you have'nt been working with someone The 1st day he looked great The second day he had a tuff semis match where I thought his energy looked way down and he was down 8-0 before showing so much heart coming back to win then he had to wrestle about 45 minutes later straight into the finals so I went and grabbed him a candy bar and Gatorade and then it was time to wrestle!! As you can probably tell Im so excited because I realize when he gets to tOSU and is in the practic room daily and soaking up all this knowledge From these great Coaches I believe the sky is the limit!! funny you mentioned learning because Coach Lou told me he loved the fact when He showed Myles something one day he was doing it the next! I can't wait until he gets there and they get the chance to fix the things he needs work on because It's tuff when you never get in some of those positions regularly!! Yes we are excited :)!!!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on May 11, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"I will tell you my view from a father's perspective and please don't take it as excuses because it's really things that I know personally that has me excited as a parent and not excuses Myles decided to go to Vegas 2 and a half weeks ago and as a parent I knew he was'nt training because he was away at school and does'nt have the luxury of me taking him to practices because I'm a hour and half away so at that time he went to his advisor and they let him finish his senior year a little early to go train at tOSU to go to Vegas so he ended up getting a week and half training in at tOSU before flying to Vegas Where I met him there So we get to Vegas and the 1st thing we talk about is who is going to coach him lol Yes you got it this kid of mine was willing to go without the comfort of a coach so we grabbed a guy that was out there wrestling in veterans and asked him to coach him even though we know that's not idea when you have'nt been working with someone The 1st day he looked great The second day he had a tuff semis match where I thought his energy looked way down and he was down 8-0 before showing so much heart coming back to win then he had to wrestle about 45 minutes later straight into the finals so I went and grabbed him a candy bar and Gatorade and then it was time to wrestle!! As you can probably tell Im so excited because I realize when he gets to tOSU and is in the practic room daily and soaking up all this knowledge From these great Coaches I believe the sky is the limit!! funny you mentioned learning because Coach Lou told me he loved the fact when He showed Myles something one day he was doing it the next! I can't wait until he gets there and they get the chance to fix the things he needs work on because It's tuff when you never get in some of those positions regularly!! Yes we are excited :)!!!"

Actually, that's the beauty of the having so many contributors "in the know" on this site. Great perspective, dad! Your kid has a hella future and I'm excited as a fan to see him develop.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 11, 2015

Thumbs up, Mr. Myles.

► Add to the Discussion