Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: New Commitments
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 4, 2015

According to InterMat...all since April 1, 2015 (D1 only)

Ohio State......Alex Sepeda
Ohio U...Tanner Miller, Cale Bonner
Kent.......Jake Newhouse, Tim Rooney, Travis Leopold

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on May 5, 2015

Add Troy Caldwell to the list of recent commits to THE Ohio State University. Solid depth. Didn't look like a huge heavy, not sure if he could be a 197. Either way, great for the room.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on May 6, 2015

Parker Knapp - OSU

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/3671940187954255179/st-edward-wrestler-parker-knapp-verbally-commits-to-ohio-state/

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 7, 2015

It would be nice to see Knapp develop in Columbus the way Ty walz has at Virginia Tech. Walz was not a major prospect coming out of high school. He's really progressed beautifully.

Bucks have now added two 285 prospects plus a 197 in Moore. With Snyder, Tav, and presumably Haines, suddenly there's a lot of big men in the room.

Now, can Bucks find any under the radar 125's?

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on May 7, 2015

Taleb Rahmani (Marysville) to Pitt

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on May 7, 2015

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"Taleb Rahmani (Marysville) to Pitt"

Shawn:

Congratulations to you and the Marysville High School Wrestling Program.

You've produced some excellent wrestlers that last few years that are heading to big time D-1 programs.

As a Marysville resident, it's nice to see the home town boys getting noticed on a national scale!

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on May 7, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"It would be nice to see Knapp develop in Columbus the way Ty walz has at Virginia Tech. Walz was not a major prospect coming out of high school. He's really progressed beautifully.

Bucks have now added two 285 prospects plus a 197 in Moore. With Snyder, Tav, and presumably Haines, suddenly there's a lot of big men in the room.

Now, can Bucks find any under the radar 125's?"

I think you're under-estimating where Walz was coming out of high school.

Though not top 100, Walz was weight class ranked and a state champ, plus a JN FS AA in the summer before his senior year. Knapp fits none of those three things (though he did get a JN FS AA after his sophomore year - thought it was kind of soft, and the next year he wasn't close to AA).

Generally speaking, the proven commodities coming out of high school are the ones that produce in college. Given three more years of Tomasello, most likely all of them at 125, that's not as big a priority.

I am glad Ohio State got a couple of good depth types up top, as quality backups have been something of concern within the Buckeye program (see the complaining when starters didn't wrestle, and backups absorbed losses in dual meets). Good backups also push the starters in the room.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on May 8, 2015

Thanks Pat, our kids work really hard it makes them fun to coach. What I can tell you about the 7 guys we have wrestling in college next year is that they are all good students. It makes all the difference in recruiting and in making it through to get a degree which in the end is paramount.

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"Taleb Rahmani (Marysville) to Pitt"

Shawn:

Congratulations to you and the Marysville High School Wrestling Program.

You've produced some excellent wrestlers that last few years that are heading to big time D-1 programs.

As a Marysville resident, it's nice to see the home town boys getting noticed on a national scale!"

Steve Lester added to this discussion on May 8, 2015

IMO, it IS a priority to not forfeit, if Nate sits out.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 8, 2015

great job Shawn, Marysville, congrats ---

think of it 35 straight years St Eds a div 1 AA, this year 3: Dean Heil and Sulzer both 4th, Walz 285 Virginia Tech 7th, not bad---

btw 2 of em Sulzer and Walz live in WEST PARK area of Cleveland where i live and Habat 149 runnerup for Edinboro lived a block from me in high school he attended St Ignatius. NCAA qual Colin Heffernan here too.

West Park Cleveland had more AAs this year than Oklahoma which only had one, Crutchmer..

ooops i guess its 25, not 35 straight div 1 AAs for st Eds, my bad-- is 25 correct SteveL, your on top of these things? Still amazing.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 8, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"ooops i guess its 25, not 35 straight div 1 AAs for st Eds, my bad-- is 25 correct SteveL, your on top of these things? Still amazing."

One of 5 programs to claim such a feat.

one of 5, is that a fact, im very curious who are the other 4? i cant think of any and i covered hs for AWN for 20 some years. Blair? their dynasty started 1995 but they could be one. The other 3?? where did u find the info?

Steve Lester added to this discussion on May 8, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"ooops i guess its 25, not 35 straight div 1 AAs for st Eds, my bad-- is 25 correct SteveL, your on top of these things? Still amazing."

25 straight is correct for D1, but 35 straight is correct for a college AA. No AA, D1 or D2, in 1981.

I think Mark's brainteaser includes colleges in his use of the word "programs". Tricky devil.

► Add to the Discussion