Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State Recruiting going forward
Rex Holman added to this discussion on April 23, 2015

I just met a former OSU basketball player who is now working in compliance at OSU(our daughters are playing 1-2 grade lacrosse). What was interesting is the first things out of his mouth were winning another team title and building a new facility (for wrestling). I know Gene Smith will take former athletes under his wing and get them started along the athletic department path. I will pick his brain next time I see him.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 23, 2015

Rex, u recall this guy? i saw u wrestle him at the Cleveland St Open maybe 9 or 10 years ago. U came up to compete, looked like a spur of the moment thing--your father i think was your coach, your gear shorts no shirt i recall. You beat Davis maybe 3-2.

from Flo:
Former Penn State National Champion Phil Davis has officially signed with Bellator.
Davis won an NCAA title in 2008 for the Nittany Lions at 197 pounds. Davis was formerly in the UFC and has a professional record of 13-3 fighting at the light heavyweight class.
Here's a picture of Mr. Wonderful signing on the dotted line!

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

As I see it...
125 - Obviously set for three more years. Suriano is definitely a talent and being recruited but Cael has already promised to mow his parents lawn for a month if he commits. Daton Fix is interested in Ohio State but loves the other OSU and with his Papa being an alum there and national freestyle coach it would seem unlikely. Austin Gomez would be my choice, assuming he holds the weight. He beat flo national champ Gfeller last May and has a great attitude. Considering Mejia and Renteria have both gone on a corn diet I think it's Gomez.
133 - No reason why JDJ Doesn't stay put. Ke-shawn will grow alot more and will probably have a good cut to even think about 141 for his red shirt next year. If God loves the Bucks he will give us Pletcher on a platter, but with a spot opening up in Nittany land I think we'll have to wait for Warner to graduate. P.S. nothin wrong with Chad Red.
141 - Jake Ryan makes the cut and makes us all smile with AA honors. A meat and potato's guy takes on the pressures of being the coaches boy and delivers, in a big way. Ke-Shawn, if we stop feeding him, will have to wait until the next year to prove his salt at 141
149 - If Hunter's wings are good for flyin', no one brings him down, not even Mr. Retherford. Though some Twitter pics of his eating habits might indicate that he has keebler fever, I believe he maintains reasonable levels, comes in at weight and shimmies all the way to a national title. Isiah White commits to the bucks and we all buy stock in tassels and sunglasses, oh, and banners.
157 - Is there anything better on the planet than a Jordan kid. Holy genetics!!! Micah stays away from the head butts and Jordan groupies to find himself in a showdown with that pesky honey badger Imar for a Big ten and national title. Though I had Ian to win it all in St. Louis, I have a sneaky suspicion that he'll be unable to bootscoot his way past the constant pressure that Imar and Mic will apply.
!65 - Thor, the God of power halves, shocks the world and dethrones Ringer. An Okie State faithful talked to Ringer and shared with me that Alex said that it felt that if he didn't scream his hip would relocate to the Oyster bar for RnR. Okay, maybe not the last part about the Oyster bar but that's where I went. He did say that his hip was going to dislocate and that he had never felt that kind of pressure, ever. Bo hangs out with Tervel alot more, heals his toe and never loses another college match. Yep, that's right.
Mark Hall becomes the only 18 time state champ to commit to Ohio State.
174 - Can Mark make the cut? He'll be ranked no less than 8th going into the season. Does he redshirt, wait for kenny to go teach tilts at Daulphin and come back to battle Moore for a spot at 184? Word on the street is that Moore in this case is not less and that he is ready to make believers of us all. In this weight class if I had one wish it is for Breske to commit and come chop the wood in my backyard with his bare hand.
184 - Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. Talk about turning sadness to gladness. The only one who graduates from this weight is Thomusseit. That being said, with the right attitude and sports psychologist Courts should repeat as an AA next year. Did I mention Kollin Moore?
197 - I haven't eaten ice cream since March and I refuse to until Kyle wins this coming March. Unless of course he takes an Olympic red shirt, then all bets are off. He is the bees knees, I don't know what that means but my grandmother always said it while referring to the best of something. He works as hard as Tomesello, laughs as hard as Dijulius and hand fights as hard as Tervel, who cant love that guy?!?!
If he losses another match Hank will buy us all sandwiches. You heard it here first.
285 - If someone knows anything about Haines, please share, I'm not sure if he even exists. That Vough kid is awfully tough. The barn is finally putting out a quality product. I believe we'll get Vough, Burnett is a genius and his youngest wrestles better than most of the highschool kids I watch. I believe he commited last week.
Over and out.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

Fine wordsmithing with some excellent twist of a phrasing, Liam!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

Liam: Two thumbs up! And if I had a weird genetic mutation allowing me to have three thumbs, that would be another one!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

Liam: "Thor--God of Powerhalves"--I am jealous to the point of seeing red that I didn't think of that one.

And you haven't eaten ice cream since Kyle lost?

Epic post. You can stop for a year and live off the glory of this one brilliant effort.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

Ohio Mudflap. But better.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 24, 2015

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Ohio Mudflap. But better."

+1

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 25, 2015

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/article/31082-College-All-State-Team-Released#.VTtf7WRViko

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 25, 2015

2 NCAA Champs for Ohio to zero for PA. I call b-llshit.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on April 25, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/article/31082-College-All-State-Team-Released#.VTtf7WRViko"

I call bs....ohio would destroy Pennsylvania in a dual with those teams.

We could get bonus in 5 of those matches and the rest are all tossups maybe except heavyweight.

Ohio should be number 1

Rex Holman added to this discussion on April 25, 2015

Thinking about Bo's brutal ride on top; anyone else make the connection that Isaac was not the same wrestler at the NCAA tournament as he had been during the season. Kind of looks like he might have been wrestling with a sprained hip.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 25, 2015

Quote from Rex Holman's post:

"Thinking about Bo's brutal ride on top; anyone else make the connection that Isaac was not the same wrestler at the NCAA tournament as he had been during the season. Kind of looks like he might have been wrestling with a sprained hip."

Sprained hip or not, I do agree something was wrong with him. It took him a while to get off the mat and additional time to walk from the mat to the warm-up area. Seemed to start at the start of the third period of his QF loss. He did gut out the Moreno (ISU) win in the blood round. That was impressive.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on April 27, 2015

His scores reflect that it may have been ongoing since the start. Just looked up 1st and 2nd round wins, 9-3, 9-6. He did take a timeout in the Big Tens as I recall to walk off the torque his hip took from Bos ride Either way, uber tough competitor.

"Just looking for clues at the scene of the crime"- Joe Walsh

Steve Lester added to this discussion on June 2, 2015

Repeating the question:

Is anybody concerned that Ohio State has only one 125 pounder on the roster?

Gotta be addressed.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next