Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Save CSU Wrestling
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Brady: I dig it.

ps: *you're"

I knew you would.

PS
: I don't care. 😁

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

:thumbs up:

I am seeing a great deal o chatter on the Twitter (as some call it) about a student vote. If I'm reading it correctly, students voted that they would take the increase in fees in order to keep wrestling. - if that is wrong, read no further.

If that is correct, I'm not sold CSU wrestling wins. The AD still gets what he wants a no additional cost, and the wrestling community has to pay boo-coo bucks for something that was already there!

The right thing that needs to happen is lacrosse raise the money. This is complete BS. In the spirit of Braveheart, I am tired groveling for the scraps from Longshank's table!!!

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

":thumbs up:

I am seeing a great deal o chatter on the Twitter (as some call it) about a student vote. If I'm reading it correctly, students voted that they would take the increase in fees in order to keep wrestling. - if that is wrong, read no further.

If that is correct, I'm not sold CSU wrestling wins. The AD still gets what he wants a no additional cost, and the wrestling community has to pay boo-coo bucks for something that was already there!

The right thing that needs to happen is lacrosse raise the money. This is complete BS. In the spirit of Braveheart, I am tired groveling for the scraps from Longshank's table!!!"

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_state_students_vote.html#incart_river

I'm not exactly certain how the referendum came about. I believe it was a way for the higher ups to try to save face. Even though it should have been lacrosse in the vote rather than wrestling, I am still happy that wrestling was so overwhelmingly supported by the student body. 967 out of 1089 people willing to pay 150 dollars a year extra to keep wrestling at the school. Hard for our decision makers to ignore such a landslide percentage.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

There is a link in the comments section of the Cleveland.com article that goes to the CSU Board of Elections site.

According to that, the vote was 975 to 650 in FAVOR of WRESTLING. That is a terrific result (and makes more sense that the rather more lobsided number quoted in the article).

I had read earlier that the reason for the vote was the administration receiving comments (re: complaints) from students about wrestling being dropped.

I wonder if this was the result that admin was expecting.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

That does make a lot more sense. It was hard to believe that so many average students would vote in favor of paying more money. I certainly wouldn't have voted to pay more money to fund lacrosse. Still a great result though given the way the question was worded.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on April 10, 2015

Absolutely.

Mark Hawald added to this discussion on April 11, 2015

CSU will be running a Beat the Streets Clinic at Springfield High School in Akron on Saturday, April 18th. Another clinic is in the works in Cleveland on Saturday, April 25th. Details on the Cleveland one will be posted as soon as they are finalized. Free to all.

www.btscle.org for info and updates

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2