Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Hellooo Niemann...! (Edited Title)
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 9, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"His use of PEDs (coffee) should disqualify him.

...I've never had a sip."

Did you watch Bader's matches on Flo?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 11, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

Did you watch Bader's matches on Flo?"

I blinked and missed the first one. But did see him beat the Russian.

ps: I need to lose weight. Unfortunately, at the moment, I have a pesky shoulder injury that is absolutely driving me nuts. Walking aggravates it. Anything that must be done in this life must be done with the use of a shoulder. Which absolutely sucks. Because my shoulder is killing me.
Two weeks ago I saw my family doctor. After making me do things that hurt he stated that I have a bicep tendon issue, an AC joint situation, and a problem with some giant word that I won't even attempt to spell. Told me more than likely my rotator cuff is good.
Bottom line - I'm going in Tuesday and praying for surgery. I almost strapped up my shoes in order to damage it more to ensure surgery. I want it fixed. I haven't been able to toss a football or baseball with my son in over three months. Can't lift weights. Jumping rope is what brought the issue to the forefront. It all pretty much sucks.

*Sigh* There you have it. Almost a decade of posting on this site and there's my "Woe is Me" sob story.

I'll let you know how the meeting tomorrow goes. May live tweet the session. Peace.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 26, 2015

Hey, Niemann, check it out...

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/video/770373-Ohio-States-Ninja-Warrior#.VWTseWRViko

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 27, 2015

"Hey, Niemann, check it out...

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/video/770373-Ohio-States-Ninja-Warrior#.VWTseWRViko"

Watched it. Alex is a bad man.

I'd like to challenge him to give me $100 a day for the next ten years. I bet he couldn't do that! Wuss.

:-D

Mike Stann added to this discussion on May 27, 2015

"

"

Did you watch Bader's matches on Flo?"

I blinked and missed the first one. But did see him beat the Russian.

ps: I need to lose weight. Unfortunately, at the moment, I have a pesky shoulder injury that is absolutely driving me nuts. Walking aggravates it. Anything that must be done in this life must be done with the use of a shoulder. Which absolutely sucks. Because my shoulder is killing me.
Two weeks ago I saw my family doctor. After making me do things that hurt he stated that I have a bicep tendon issue, an AC joint situation, and a problem with some giant word that I won't even attempt to spell. Told me more than likely my rotator cuff is good.
Bottom line - I'm going in Tuesday and praying for surgery. I almost strapped up my shoes in order to damage it more to ensure surgery. I want it fixed. I haven't been able to toss a football or baseball with my son in over three months. Can't lift weights. Jumping rope is what brought the issue to the forefront. It all pretty much sucks.

*Sigh* There you have it. Almost a decade of posting on this site and there's my "Woe is Me" sob story.

I'll let you know how the meeting tomorrow goes. May live tweet the session. Peace."

So what was the prognosis?

Kim Lance added to this discussion on May 27, 2015

My understanding is that Alex tore his Achilles training for ANW on the warped wall. Not for the faint of heart....

"

"Hey, Niemann, check it out...

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/video/770373-Ohio-States-Ninja-Warrior#.VWTseWRViko"

Watched it. Alex is a bad man.

I'd like to challenge him to give me $100 a day for the next ten years. I bet he couldn't do that! Wuss.

:-D"

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 27, 2015

Mike: Doc says I have a slight but severe tear in the rotator cuff, bone spur plus some early onset arthritis. Most likely something else due to wear and tear as well.

I go Tuesday for a consultation on the next step. He offered a shot, some "cleaning out" of the area, and lastly, the option of surgery is available.

We shall see on the 2nd.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on May 27, 2015

"Mike: Doc says I have a slight but severe tear in the rotator cuff, bone spur plus some early onset arthritis. Most likely something else due to wear and tear as well.

I go Tuesday for a consultation on the next step. He offered a shot, some "cleaning out" of the area, and lastly, the option of surgery is available.

We shall see on the 2nd."

Good luck Mark. I know how pain especially in a joint can affect the quality of life. I hope and pray for a great outcome.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 2, 2015

Today is the day. Here's hoping for surgery. (Because that's the only thing I think will bring me back to normal.)

If this ends up being my version of a thorn in my side, I'll reevaluate my desire for surgery.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on June 2, 2015

"Today is the day. Here's hoping for surgery. (Because that's the only thing I think will bring me back to normal.)

If this ends up being my version of a thorn in my side, I'll reevaluate my desire for surgery."

Good Luck Mark.

Nobody enjoys surgery, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get it done before you can move on!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 2, 2015

Welp, I'm going elsewhere. Not liking what this doc had to say.

Starting low (therapy), progressing forward (surgery) if need arises.

I disliked his acknowledgement of the spur and tear that was reported to me. I had to bring those things up, and he dismissed them. No bueno.

He said they'll start the therapy, but I can take over when I get the hang of it.

That's when I asked what about the bone spur? He told me what a spur was. (Which was nice but it didn't answer the question.) and when I asked him about the tear he said, "Well that's when you'll have to judge how far you can take it and monitor your pain levels. Be smart with it."

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on June 3, 2015

"(Because that's the only thing I think will bring me back to normal.)"

It'd require more than surgery to do that.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 3, 2015

I made an audible laughing sound with that one! Very nice.

And true, BTW.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on June 14, 2015

Hey, Niemann...

"Jurassic World".

Nothing much better than dinosaurs fighting; redeemed the franchise from the 2nd and 3rd movies.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 5, 2015

I'm back baby!!!

But I have a busy day. Have to head to Toledo.

Perhaps I morrow I'll stop back. See you then.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next