Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Thanks for an entertaining '14'-'15 wrestling season
John DiJulius added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

I really enjoyed being a part of this great forum. I learned a lot from all of your different perspectives. I hope having some parents on here doesn't limit what you would post. Everyone is fair game and deserves the same praise and criticism when it is warranted.

Thanks for being such a great wrestling community and supporting the team and wrestlers so well. Time for me to go on vacation with my family and decompress from a roller coaster wrestling season. Here is my favorite wrestling quote..."there are more important things in life than wrestling, i just haven't figured out what they are yet."

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

always interested in your views J.D..

i never dreamt i'd see my alma mater Ohio ST win BOTH of my fave sports, college football and wrestling national championships in same year, its a miracle !!! two for the bucket list, lol. ..s/BobP

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

Great post, will have to remember that quote. :-)
I'm sure Johnni was disappointed with the NCAAs, on a personal level, since he'd fought tooth and nail with a # of guys on the podium, including the champ.
But it sure was great to see him grinning from ear to ear when the team got its trophy, and when Logan was being interviewed.
Seems like an awesome kid.
So you must be doing something right. :-)

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

Thank you Mr DJ. I love hearing the perspectives of parents whose kids are the ones we are celebrating/crying about. IMO having the parents here also keeps us in check from forgetting that these guys hurt far more than any of us when they lose. Listening to Kenny Courts's interview after his final match reminded me of that...especially when he said his performance during the period when he was struggling was harder on his dad than on him. I'd imagine the same holds true with you (and every other dad poster here).

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

Quote from John DiJulius's post:

"I really enjoyed being a part of this great forum. I learned a lot from all of your different perspectives. I hope having some parents on here doesn't limit what you would post. Everyone is fair game and deserves the same praise and criticism when it is warranted.

Thanks for being such a great wrestling community and supporting the team and wrestlers so well. Time for me to go on vacation with my family and decompress from a roller coaster wrestling season. Here is my favorite wrestling quote..."there are more important things in life than wrestling, i just haven't figured out what they are yet.""

All of us!?!?!

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 24, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"always interested in your views J.D..

i never dreamt i'd see my alma mater Ohio ST win BOTH of my fave sports, college football and wrestling national championships in same year, its a miracle !!! two for the bucket list, lol. ..s/BobP"

Amen to that. For years, wrestling was dominated by Oklahoma State and Iowa. Hopefully we see a bit more competitiveness in wrestling. Though I won't say no to continued domination by Ohio State.

► Add to the Discussion