Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Official "I Apologize Kenny" Thread
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

No wrestler had more criticism directed his way on this forum than Ken Courts. Some of it was carefully worded while at times it was just harsh. Bottom line--he performed.

If you want to tell Ken that you're sorry please take the time to do so.

I'll start--Ken--congrats on a great NCAA tournament. It was a pleasure to watch you compete this weekend. At times, I've made unkind comments. Although I always tried to carefully word my criticisms, this weekend you stuffed those words back in my face with your brilliant low leg attacks and finishes. You deserve an apology. This is mine.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

Dear Kenny,

While your approach to wrestling stresses me out, it is my problem, not yours.

I'm sorry for being overly critical of your efforts.

You had a great NCAA tournament and were imperative in the Bucks winning a National Title.

#SorryKenny.

Your Ally,
JCWH

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

Dear Kenny,

Thanks for shoving pie in my face! Glad to see you perform like we all knew you could. If we ever meet I let you kick me in the nuts...I will gladly take it in exchange for the national title and all American finish.

Sincerely,
Coru

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"Dear Kenny,

Thanks for shoving pie in my face! Glad to see you perform like we all knew you could. If we ever meet I let you kick me in the nuts...I will gladly take it in exchange for the national title and all American finish.

Sincerely,
Coru"

lol!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

Luke 18:11 (he he he...)

It should be noted... This thread should be appropriately entitled: The "I Apologize" to you, Kenny ALL AMERICAN Courts thread.

I'm just saying!

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

I'm saying nothing.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

[quote="Mark Niemann"]Luke 18:11 (he he he...)/quote]

I resemble this. ; )

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

Kenny:

I agree with the other sentiments on this thread. I have always thought that you had all of the potential in the world, but that it didn't always translate to the mat at critical times. I am sure that there are practical reasons for that like nagging injuries that we don't see, and the stress of weight-cutting, but you overcame those this weekend.

THIS WEEK YOU DID IT!!!! - CONGRATULATIONS!!

The whole OSU Team and Coach Ryan deserve a lot of credit for this National Championship. But, for my money, you were the unsung star of the tournament.

Yes Logan was stupendous, and the three freshmen have fought hard all year, and had very high expectations, but you were the surprise of the tournament. To be unseeded and finish fifth is reaching high for that bar. Your points practically provided the victory margin. YOU ARE THE STAR!

Thanks for the thrills!!

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"I'm saying nothing."

OK. I will say something. Some didn't realize what all of those winning late, including overtime, takedowns meant. Those last period comebacks. But YOU knew!!

National champ next year baby!!!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

imo, this thread is just so silly-- reminds me of a teenage heartthrob club, oh i love u be my Valentine, blah, blah, weep, weep.

if u criticized a wrestler in the past, so what???? that happens on blogs-- maybe he deserved it at the time-- u exercised your free speech, i don't recall anything overly rude (if u were then yes apologize).

we've all been criticized and i'm sure i'll be criticized for this post, LOL, but we've lived thru it and Kenny did too. as will i. ...s/BobP

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"...

if u criticized a wrestler in the past, so what???? that happens on blogs-- maybe he deserved it at the time-- u exercised your free speech, i don't recall anything overly rude (if u were then yes apologize) .

"

Hence, the thread???????????

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"imo, this thread is just so silly-- reminds me of a teenage heartthrob club, oh i love u be my Valentine, blah, blah, weep, weep.

if u criticized a wrestler in the past, so what???? that happens on blogs-- maybe he deserved it at the time-- u exercised your free speech, i don't recall anything overly rude (if u were then yes apologize).

we've all been criticized and i'm sure i'll be criticized for this post, LOL, but we've lived thru it and Kenny did too. as will i. ...s/BobP"

pleeeeez, spare us debate on "critizing", its so futile and tedious

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

[quote="Bob Preusse"]imo, this thread is just so silly--

we've all been criticized and i'm sure i'll be criticized for this post, LOL, but we've lived thru it and Kenny did too. as will i. ...s/BobP[/quote

But that's the point Bob, he lived through it, he overcame the adversity, he became an ALL-AMERICAN, which just 3 or 4 days ago didn't look very likely.

We applaud his perseverance and tenacity. If he wouldn't have AA'd, nobody in the country would have been surprised. But, he found that spark, that emotion, that combination of health and opportunity that allowed him to succeed.

How many young men have been in similar situations and didn't step up to the next level. The list is long.

Today we will enjoy and congratulate his accomplishments. In twelve months we will expect him to match it or exceed it, that is when it gets tough for him!

These young men surpassed expectations, and won a National Championship! They deserve a pat on the back!!

And to you Bob, I enjoy your comments and opinions, but you have poked a little humor at my optimism for the bucks over the years, and maybe rightly so. - But, for this moment in time, this is not optimism, Kenny is an AA and the Bucks are CHAMPS!!! - Enjoy it!!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

Well done Kenny!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

For better and worse, a lot of wrestlers, coaches and family members look at forums. I don't know if Ken and his family are among them.

But I can tell you that I wanted to acknowledge his terrific performance at NCAA's in a public fashion.

I'm sure there are better ways I could have put this thread together but my intention was to allow any and all to say something nice about a young man who has taken a lot of flack.

The Bucks just won an NCAA title and he played a big role in their success. He deserved some kind words.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next