Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Countless threads on his greatness and there should be more. However, I would like to comment on his perspective on sports/competition. I want to tape all his interviews and show them to my sons when they get older.

I just never got the sense that the sport overwhelmed Logan. After the Big Ten final he said he had the ability to shut it down when he left the room. After the loss last year at Penn State there was zero panic in him, almost as if it barely bothered him. His positive vision of competing is rare.

First rate person. I'll miss watching him compete for Ohio State.

Side note - I love that his daily routine includes a nap at 9 AM.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

To me he looked better against Port than at the dual. He finished the TD's quicker and rode him perfectly. Just the last 50 seconds had me a little nervous when Port had that front headlock that he turned into an ankle pick, which was OK. I just didn't want to see that Pa. boy throw a last second cement-mixer. Well done Logan, I will miss him and his one-of-a-kind style of aggressive wrestling.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

We are so lucky to have had the opportunity to follow his career. Truly one of the all time greats in our sport and someone who's priorities always seemed right.

Thank you Logan for not only attaining wrestling greatness but doing it with style and class.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

Where did time go? I remember Logan committing as a soph in high school. I was pumped then for him to get here. Now its over in the blink of an eye. What a great career for Logan. Such a class act and I am going to miss watching him.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

I'd like to see the NCAA be nice enough to grant Logan a fifth year of eligibility, even if it was at, say, a school where competing for a team title was irrelevant.

As I said, the good thing about Logan being done is that, per my personal policy of not following active wrestlers unless I have to (Nico Megaludis is currently the lone person who that exception is "used" by), I can now follow him on Twitter (did it literally the second the match ended). The bad news is, I'll never get to watch him wrestle folkstyle again. I'll miss his wrestling folk.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 22, 2015

In the aftermath of Logan Stieber winning his 4th NCAA title, I couldn't help but think of some guys I would have bet money on coming out of high school to win at least ONE title, but never will:
Andrew Alton, Dylan Alton, Mike Evans, Devin Carter, Dylan Ness, Chris Dardanes and Nick Dardanes. What Logan did is truly incredible.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 23, 2015

And the reason he is so successful? "Love," per Tom Ryan. He said it at least twice.

About any other wrestler from any other coach and it sounds odd. Not here.

I will always think about the enthusiasm and freedom with which he wrestles. A great lesson to kids with which I had a problem: let it go and enjoy the competition.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 26, 2015

I just love the part where he kicks out the bridging leg. ; )

http://www.gohiocasts.com/video/662562-Logan-Stieber-claw-to-tilt

► Add to the Discussion