Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: Math
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Bucks have seven more matches to wrestle. Iowa has ten. It's not iced yet.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bucks have seven more matches to wrestle. Iowa has ten. It's not iced yet."

I think they only win 149-285. tomorrow during the consi-semi and then both take 4th. Sorenson will have Tsirtis and Telford has McMullen for 3rd -4th.

Gillman goes down to Garrett but beats Youtsey for 5th

Evans goes down to Kokesh and takes 6th losing to either Storley or Crutchmer

Burak probably beats Huntley for 7th.

The way Brewer is wrestling I don't see Clark winning.

I know Nate beat Moisey twice already and he Moisey is wrestling out of his mine but I think Nate wins this one

Logan wins and his 4th

I think Bo looses to Sulzer and finishes 5th

Kenny wins tomorrow and takes 4th.

BUCKS win National Title
I

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bucks have seven more matches to wrestle. Iowa has ten. It's not iced yet."

I think they only win 149-285. tomorrow during the consi-semi and then both take 4th. Sorenson will have Tsirtis and Telford has McMullen for 3rd -4th.

Gillman goes down to Garrett but beats Youtsey for 5th

Evans goes down to Kokesh and takes 6th losing to either Storley or Crutchmer

Burak probably beats Huntley for 7th.

The way Brewer is wrestling I don't see Clark winning.

I know Nate beat Moisey twice already and he Moisey is wrestling out of his mine but I think Nate wins this one

Logan wins and his 4th

I think Bo looses to Sulzer and finishes 5th

Kenny wins tomorrow and takes 4th.

BUCKS win National Title
I"

Snyder wins too.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Oh yeah good catch

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Bucks have a higher maximum point total for the first time in a while. Iowa needs to have a lead of at least 6 points going into the finals. I think 2 wins for the Bucks in the morning should do it. If Iowa chokes a little 1 might be enough.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Tomorrow night will be the greatest night in program history. Coach Ryan was emotional after Snyder's win because he knew that was the victory that almost sealed it. Iowa needs to be almost perfect and OSU would need to falter.

Sorensen and Telford will win and be in for 3rd.

I see Gilman losing to Garrett and Kokesh is without a doubt better than Evans.

All of the Ohio wrestling fans should be prepared to smile a lot.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

ohio st needs WINS !!!! pleeeeeez No overconfidence, be ready for adversity. -- recall our last runnerup to Iowa the Hawks got a couple inj defaults in wrestlebacks which was margin of victory for them.

beware Moisey he has the cradle, caught and looked like he pined Tomo with it in Ironman. i fear Moisey.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

And ESPN said the Stieber match will be the last one wrestled. I hope they win team title before his match. He has enough pressure to be a 4X.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"And ESPN said the Stieber match will be the last one wrestled. I hope they win team title before his match. He has enough pressure to be a 4X."

I do, too, but if it comes down to tOSU needing Logan to win to win the team title, we're in very good hands.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Wouldn't want anyone else but Logan...

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

According to the Penn St. site, it looks like if only Logan wins (by dec) then 3 teams have a theoretical shot:

Edinboro goes 6 of 6 with 5 pins.
Cornell goes 6 of 6 with 4 pins.

Iowa doesn't need any pins in their 10 matches. Just not sure what percent they need to win of those ten. Again that's if Ohio State scores 0 except for Logan.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"According to the Penn St. site, it looks like if only Logan wins (by dec) then 3 teams have a theoretical shot:

Edinboro goes 6 of 6 with 5 pins.
Cornell goes 6 of 6 with 4 pins.

Iowa doesn't need any pins in their 10 matches. Just not sure what percent they need to win of those ten. Again that's if Ohio State scores 0 except for Logan."

If only Logan wins then that disqualifies Edinboro (since they would only be able to go 5 of 6),right?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Last night I watched one of the most inspiring wrestling performances of my life. While Logan's brilliance is expected, Tomasello and Snyder were near flawless against brilliant opponents. Waters and Cox were both undefeated. One is a returning champ and the other is a multiple AA who has beaten everyone all year. There are no words I can summon to adequately describe Nato and Snyder's wrestling last night. Just astonishing.

I believe all three will win tonite because they are better and will prove it. But all the matches will be tough.

Bucks need Bo to wrestle today with something to prove.

Courts has done his job. One more win out of him, however, would be welcome.

It would help if Garrett (wrestles Gilman) and Tsirtsis (will probably battle Sorenson) want to finish strong. Some guys can't shake off the loss (see Joey Dance).

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Kudos to Tomasello and Snyder. I am seeing the same thing. Flawless wrestling out of two RS freshman. Nato showed some flaws throughout the season, but has been perfect in Big 10s and NCAAs. He simply has not been put in bad position. I'm with Bob on this one as well. Moisey is so good at a position that he is scary at it. Kind of like Stieber and his tilt. As long as that position is avoided, and Nate executes like he has been, this one goes to Nate. Snyder did an outstanding job at defending Cox leg attacks. Also, his ankle pick is brutal. Guys aren't even reacting to it. You can make the assumption that they feel relatively safe from the tie and have no idea that it is coming. When I saw him hit it on Burak, I thought to myself, money.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Even more crazy that Snyder is a TRUE freshman and that FILTHY! His finals match is the perfect opportunity to show his improvement since December. I'm excited to see it.

I agree, NaTo should be able to continue to maintain good position and pressure the heck out of Moisey. BUT, he has really progressed and Sammy will have him prepared. I think this is a match where familiarity will make it the closest one between them yet (collegiately).

All 3 of our guys have tough finals matches. There is no question that they can and should go 3-0. The beauty of NCAA D1 wrestling, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Bo is the 2nd best 165 and should place 3rd.

Courts can win both matches. If he has decided he will win, he should. He has to recapture the guy that wrestled the 1st 3 rounds and he'll be find. Points from all 5 guys = a team title!

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next