Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: Math
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Courts does not have "unlimited" ability. He ran into a wrestler whose style worked well against Ken. I didn't think he wasn't trying. He simply had no answers for Brown's game.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

I don't think he has "unlimited" ability. He got beat, plain and simple. Psychologically, he has to regain the guy that won the 1st 3 matches. I think BoJo will do that. We need Courts to do the same.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"According to the Penn St. site, it looks like if only Logan wins (by dec) then 3 teams have a theoretical shot:

Edinboro goes 6 of 6 with 5 pins.
Cornell goes 6 of 6 with 4 pins.

Iowa doesn't need any pins in their 10 matches. Just not sure what percent they need to win of those ten. Again that's if Ohio State scores 0 except for Logan."

ACcording to my math the max points for Iowa in the consolidations w/o bonus is 17. So if Iowa gets all 17 and Clark wins we will need 2 champs. If Clark loses or Iowa loses 2 of their matches for the 3 or 4 spot we need one champ and if they lose 2 matches and Clark loses we are CHAMPS! Bob is right though that bonus points (I was in St Louis and med foreits are not rare in the consos) kill you.

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"

"According to the Penn St. site, it looks like if only Logan wins (by dec) then 3 teams have a theoretical shot:

Iowa doesn't need any pins in their 10 matches. Just not sure what percent they need to win of those ten. Again that's if Ohio State scores 0 except for Logan."

ACcording to my math the max points for Iowa in the consolidations w/o bonus is 17. So if Iowa gets all 17 and Clark wins we will need 2 champs. If Clark loses or Iowa loses 2 of their matches for the 3 or 4 spot we need one champ and if they lose 2 matches and Clark loses we are CHAMPS! Bob is right though that bonus points (I was in St Louis and med foreits are not rare in the consos) kill you."

This is not intended negative about Clark, but he's about to get chewed up by a buzz saw. Brewer has been untouched by some great wrestlers this weekend. He made Dardanes look silly. The seed committee screwed that one up royally.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"

ACcording to my math the max points for Iowa in the consolidations w/o bonus is 17. So if Iowa gets all 17 and Clark wins we will need 2 champs. If Clark loses or Iowa loses 2 of their matches for the 3 or 4 spot we need one champ and if they lose 2 matches and Clark loses we are CHAMPS! Bob is right though that bonus points (I was in St Louis and med foreits are not rare in the consos) kill you."

This is not intended negative about Clark, but he's about to get chewed up by a buzz saw. Brewer has been untouched by some great wrestlers this weekend. He made Dardanes look silly. The seed committee screwed that one up royally."

Agree!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

these narratives, figuring out theoretcally what might happen, if this, if that, HAS ME MAD AS HELL and IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!

this is loser talk, this is not how champions think, they block out all this nonsense im reading here and they assume they MUST WIN.

as was pointed out the inj default & med forfeit are not uncommon in wrestlebscks, be assure IOWA wil not be giving any, rather they just might get a couple.

again i fear Moisey, his cradle is a knockout punch, like Jaggers was. Courts? we may not have many more points coming guys. This is TENSE, for me anyway.. ...s/BobP

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

My thoughts:

125 - I think Garrett knocks Gilman into the 5th place match, where Gilman beats Youtsey. Gilman could pick up bonus in that match as well. I think he gets the major and that’s a total of 3 points for Iowa at this weight.

NaTo is 2-0 against Moisey this year, winning 19-5 and 15-10. I don’t think this one features quite as many points, as NaTo has been wrestling aggressive but controlled. Also, Moisey has a great cradle and I think NaTo has to be cautious of the positions he gets in. I see NaTo winning a national championship with a 6-3 score. 4 points for Ohio State at this weight.

Difference: Ohio State +14.5

133 - I think Brewer is a man on a mission right now, and I think he takes out Clark in the finals. No points for either team.

Difference: Ohio State +14.5

141 - Logie. Bear. He controlled Port last time, and, on the biggest of stages, with Four national titles and a team title on the line, he will not be denied. 4 points for Ohio State

Difference: Ohio State +18.5

149 - Sorenson is a puzzle, as he could place anywhere from third to sixth. I’ll split the difference and put him fourth. A decision over Villalonga is 3.5 points.

Difference: Ohio State +15

157 - Neither team has a wrestler remaining at this weight.

Difference: Ohio State +15

165 - BoJo has an initial match with Sulzer, who was upset by Cooper Moore. I think BoJo wins that one by decision (+3.5) and then picks up a pin over Ramos in the 3rd place match (+4).

Difference: Ohio State +22.5

174 - I think Storley beats Evans and Evans beats Crutchmer to take 5th (+2).

Difference: Ohio State +20.5

184 - I hate to say it, but I think Kenny is happy being an AA, and I think he takes 6th.

Difference: Ohio State +20.5

197 - I’m giving the edge to Gadson, who has a win over Snyder earlier this year. I think Burak gets a major over Huntley, which is good for 2 points.

Difference: Ohio State +18.5

285 - I think Telford beats Medberry and McMullan to take third (+5.5).

Difference: Ohio State +13

Overall, I think Iowa could fare a bit better than I’ve projected, but, I don’t think they can make up enough ground. If they take four 3rds this morning, and Ohio State takes 2 6ths, the Bucks might be in a bit of trouble. I don’t think that’s likely. I think 95 points wins this and I don’t see 22 points left for Iowa.

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"these narratives, figuring out theoretcally what might happen, if this, if that, HAS ME MAD AS HELL and IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!

this is loser talk, this is not how champions think, they block out all this nonsense im reading here and they assume they MUST WIN.

as was pointed out the inj default & med forfeit are not uncommon in wrestlebscks, be assure IOWA wil not be giving any, rather they just might get a couple.

again i fear Moisey, his cradle is a knockout punch, like Jaggers was. Courts? we may not have many more points coming guys. This is TENSE, for me anyway.. ...s/BobP"

Easy big fella. It's a forum and a free country ;-) We don't all have to think the same way and we all could be right from different perspectives :-o

no lectures doc, yes i know u like to give em to me- just giving my opinion-- if that ok with you.

http://www.gohiocasts.com/coverage/238842-Walsh-Ironman-2011/video/532936-113-lbs-semi-finals-Nathan-Tomasello-CVCA-vs-Zeke-Moisey-Bethlehem-Catholic

You make me laugh ;-)

"You make me laugh ;-)"

of course we know that not true, fact is i make u mad -----but u try to hide it--- something about me bugs you, physician heal thyself.

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

"You make me laugh ;-)"

of course we know that not true, fact is i make u mad -----but u try to hide it--- something about me bugs you, physician heal thyself."

Then you don't know me at all my friend. I'm am not an angry person. Don't spend my days looking for reasons to be mad. I find ways to enjoy people, as I do you.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Bob: Loser talk? All I keep hearing from you is how much you fear Moisey. You've mentioned it at least three times.

Bucks will win all three tonight.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bob: Loser talk? All I keep hearing from you is how much you fear Moisey. You've mentioned it at least three times.

Bucks will win all three tonight."

You gotta get a "Like" button on this forum Hank!!!!

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 21, 2015

Currently, Ohio State has 86.5 points. Based on my estimation...

Nathan Tomasello wins by decision over Zeke Moisey providing 4 additional points. Logan Stieber wins by decision over Mitchell Port providing 4 additional points. Kyle Snyder loses by decision to Kyven Gadson providing 0 additional points. Bo Jordan beats his next two opponents by decision providing 4.5 additional points. Kenny Courts loses to his next two opponents providing 0 additional points.

Ohio State finishes with 99 points.

Iowa currently has 73 points. In my estimation...

Cory Clark loses by decision to Cody Brewer providing 0 additional points. Thomas Gilman wins by decision then loses by decision providing 3.5 points. Brandon Sorenson wins by decision then loses by decision providing 3.5 points. Mike Evans loses by decision and wins by decision providing 1 point. Nathan Burak wins by decision providing 1 point. Bobby Telford wins both matches by decision providing 4.5 points.

Iowa finishes with 86.5 points.

I haven't figured out anything else for other teams, but unless wrestlers flop, Ohio State wins the title.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next